• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SkillUp - two next-gen consoles releasing next month, but only one next gen controller. The #DualSense

zwiggelbig

And most likely very few games wil use the dual sense functions.. But I could be wrong.

Its funny though how quickly people here jump to the conclusion the he is a fanboy lmao
He was very honest and negative about the last of us 2 and nobody said anything about fanboying. But now that he gives his opinion about the dualsense all of sudden its FANBOY FANBOY

jimbojim

Banned
And most likely very few games wil use the dual sense functions.. But I could be wrong.

Yep :

List of supported games

• Astro's Playroom -- Showcase game for the DualSense, expected to tackle all new features in innovative ways. Source.
  • Avengers -- The developers plan to support features like the Adaptive Triggers (AT) and Haptic Feedback (HF). Source.
  • NBA 2K21 -- AT simulate energy/fatigue and HF highlights collisions. Source.
  • The Pathless -- AT simulate the tension of the bowstring and HF helps with the timing of shots. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered -- Supports AT and HF. Source.
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition -- Supports AT (L2) and HF has different sensations for different weapons. Source.
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm -- AT simulate struggle. Source.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War -- Supports HF. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales -- HF showcases the Venom powers of Miles. Source.
  • Overcooked! All You Can Eat -- Developers tease DualSense features. Source.
  • Ride 4 -- AT simulate gas and brake levers and HF showcases the vehicle's vibrations. Source.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart -- AT simulate multiple fire modes in weapons. Source.
  • Nour: Play With Your Food -- The developers plan to support features like the AT and HF. Source.
  • Deathloop -- AT block simulates weapon jam. Source.
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo -- AT simulate recoil and HF offers "textured" nuances. Source.
  • Horizon Forbidden West -- AT is used to differentiate weapons. Source.
  • Demon's Souls -- HF showcases the force of bosses with a well-timed guard, gives feedback in well-timed parries and succesful attacks and spells. Source.
  • Godfall -- DualSense is utilized so the player can differentiate between weapons without looking at the UI and can locate enemies spatially via the controller. Source. More info.
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure -- AT simulate struggle as Sackboy carries objects. AT also present on the grappling hook. Source.
  • Gran Turismo 7 -- AT simulate ABS braking and HF is integrated with sound design. Source.
  • Hood: Outlaws & Legends -- The developers confirm full use of the HF. Source.
  • Heavenly Bodies -- Not gonna lie, it has a lot of things related to the DualSense, please give it a look. (Looks fun too!) Source.
  • Goodbye Volcano High -- HF conveys the difficulty of some decisions being made. Source.
  • Jett: The Far Shore -- The developers said the game has a strong focus on haptics. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Solar Ash -- The developers said the DualSense could give feedback they had not known was possible. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Bugsnax -- The developers promise the full use of DualSense features and say they are exploring multisensorial feedback, cites example of changes in terrain via HF. Source.
  • Maneater -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • DiRT 5 -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • Madden 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • FIFA 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Returnal -- AT switch between firing modes, supports HF. Source.
  • Watch Dogs: Legion -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Destruction AllStars -- AT gives different feedback for each car and HF simulates the impact of ramming. Source.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Hey if it’s used more then the map button, err I mean touch pad it will be off to a great start. Honestly it was a bit disorientating playing a 1st party Sony game like Detroit: Becoming Human when it asked you tp do all this shit with the controller that nothing else had used in years.

GymWolf

I'm just glad that building quality and size are not trash anymore after the ds4, i'm probably gonna disable all the unnecessary shit that drain the battery and actively try to make me break the controller like these resistant triggers.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I like it when we get controller advancements.
It all sounds promising so hopefully the features are easy enough for Devs to use and are widely adopted.

I can't imagine many third party Devs putting a lot of work into PS5 controller features if the XSX controller doesn't have those same features.

Entroyp

Has anyone touched the new Xbox controller? We haven’t heard a thing about it yet

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I have both preordered to use on PC might cancel the Series X one Alanah Pearce said in her review that it wasn't even as good as Elite controller

GymWolf

Every outlet is saying the exact same thing. To the point where the tech in the Dual Sense has become their focus more than the actual PS5!

Who would have thought that that'd be the emerging story on PS5 unboxing day?!
I mean, they can only talk about astrobot demo and the controller for now, of course the controller is the focus, nobody gives 2 shits about astro thingy.

ethomaz

Banned

Its funny though how quickly people here jump to the conclusion the he is a fanboy lmao
He was very honest and negative about the last of us 2 and nobody said anything about fanboying. But now that he gives his opinion about the dualsense all of sudden its FANBOY FANBOY
There is over 30 confirmed already.
I can share the list if you wish.

Most games supports DS’s Haptic Feedback including most 3rd-parties... Publishers are putting that key differentiator from the Xbox version in the PR.

Last edited:
I've always preferred the feel of Xbox controllers but Karak said that the Dual Sense feels great this time so if the new tech is well used I may be buying multiplatform games on PS this time.

timmyp53

I heard Sony has made compelling tools for haptic feedback implementation. Likely won't see a lack of that. Resistive triggers will be something that requires more manual development however.

GymWolf

I've always preferred the feel of Xbox controllers but Karak said that the Dual Sense feels great this time so if the new tech is well used I may be buying multiplatform games on PS this time.
Yeah that was the most interesting bit, a sony controller finally being on the same level of xbox controllers.
Hopefully the rubber in the sticks is not gonna melt after a while once again.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't know what to think.....I want it to be awesome, but I fear its just another rumble controller in sheep's clothing.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The sniff test will decide. If the DualSense smells premium, we’ll have a winner.
This emoji, but in reverse 😤

IMAGINE

MCCTOMt.jpg

I expect MS to adopt similar features the next time around. Dualsense is gext nen.
I suspect, if the DualSense is a hit, that there will be an Xbox version sooner rather than later... and why not? the features seem cool. I'm also willing to be that when it does happen, Xbox will have a much more catchy name for it's resistive triggers, I'm calling it! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yumi

Has anyone touched the new Xbox controller? We haven’t heard a thing about it yet
I'm assuming it's very similar to the Xbox One since you can play backwards compatible Xbox games where, with the Dualsense you cant play backwards compatible playstation games.

The Dualsense is definitely more exciting. Maybe the XBOX Series will have a couple cool functionality differences, but not expecting more than that.

Arachnid

With the Elite and Elite 2 out there? Hell of a claim. I don't see it measuring up to those. We'll see if its features add anything or just end up gimmicky. As far as I can tell, haptic feedback is just more precise vibration (direction of bullets, more intense for explosions, etc...; a more precise version of the one already in xbox controllers), which is cool, but also seems overhyped. The trigger locking sounds kind of fun for immersive shooters but if my weapon locks up and gets me killed in a future BF or Siege, I'll be pissed.

quest

Not Banned from OT
With the Elite and Elite 2 out there? Hell of a claim. I don't see it measuring up to those. We'll see if its features add anything or just end up gimmicky. As far as I can tell, haptic feedback is just more precise vibration (direction of bullets, more intense for explosions, etc...; a more precise version of the one already in xbox controllers), which is cool, but also seems overhyped. The trigger locking sounds kind of fun for immersive shooters but if my weapon locks up and gets me killed in a future BF or Siege, I'll be pissed.
The new rumble sounds good the locking no thanks. I know I'll break them or my fingers in a heated boss battle. If that trigger doesn't work my brain will tell that finger keep pulling till the controller or finger gives I guarantee it. Just like I have a bad habbit clicking down on sticks when shit gets bad brain does what it wants.

timmyp53

The new rumble sounds good the locking no thanks. I know I'll break them or my fingers in a heated boss battle. If that trigger doesn't work my brain will tell that finger keep pulling till the controller or finger gives I guarantee it. Just like I have a bad habbit clicking down on sticks when shit gets bad brain does what it wants.
will have durability test soon enough. Im doubting you'll be able to damage the trigger if you forced through resistance.

Side note: My dualSense controller is a day away according to FedEx tracking woohoo.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Opinions are nice I guess? I will have a Dualsense and Elite Series 2 controller so I'll be curious which one feels better, but Xbox has been miles ahead since the 360 controller IMO.
I have both preordered to use on PC might cancel the Series X one Alanah Pearce said in her review that it wasn't even as good as Elite controller

Why are people comparing a $180 custom controller to a pack in controller? I would hope the Elite/Elite 2 controllers are better. If not, that would suck.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I am super excited about the adaptive triggers but everything else is the same. Really like the design to.

i'm sorry lol i just want a controller to be a controller. i don't need 500 gimmicks built in. I'll be willing to give it a shot and see how it works in demons souls/spiderman/sack boy. but i seriously doubt it will make those games feel more "NEXT GENNNN" lol clickbait for sure.

Kimahri

Banned
Yeah yeah, so were the joycons. Got myself a third party Pro gamepad with no HD rumble and it's both more comfortable and has a better d-pad.

I don't care. Give me a comfy plastic thingy with sticks and buttons and I'm okay. Couldn't care less about all the other gimmicks.

Top Bottom