• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skeuomorphs - a thread

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not sure if this exactly qualifies, but I still say "roll down the windows" when talking about windows in a car. It's just ingrained.

My kids: "How the fuck do you roll down a window?"

They think:
1421493365731420198.gif

I mean:
attachment.php

Jaybe

For the title I was expecting some cool bugs. As far as the topic goes, what’s takes on the appearance of what it replaced… maybe some of the married or divorced guys can chime in, apparently a day after marriage, some spouses change. Any way, here’s a cool bug face.

zCqGNFH.jpg

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Fuck that's dope. Thanks for sharing.

Also

For the title I was expecting some cool bugs. As far as the topic goes, what’s takes on the appearance of what it replaced… maybe some of the married or divorced guys can chime in, apparently a day after marriage, some spouses change. Any way, here’s a cool bug face.

zCqGNFH.jpg

Please don't 😅

Will not enter thread again because someone will post some other insect close up. Wouldn't be GAF otherwise.

So again, thanks OP, cool to know!

Byeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Tams

Love me a bit of skeuomorphism, I do.

Windows Aero is one of my favourite. Nokia's and Sony's (Sony Ericsson's) were also👌. Nokia had a labs app that added bubbles with apps of your choice in that you could drag to open. Nintendo were up there too, especially with the Wii U. I was never a fan of Apple's skeuomorphism; it always felt like they were going too hard towards the realism side.

I believe that it became known as Frutiger Aero. I really liked the plants/vines/flowers in that style and tried to draw some myself. I failed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom