• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six More PlayStation 4 Games Found that Aren’t Backwards Compatible on PlayStation 5

A friend who got his PS5 today told me his copy of Dragon Ball FighterZ doesn't work.
False. Do they own it on Disc or digital? If they own a disc it will have an icon in the library saying it doesn't work but if they put the disc in it will. I noticed that icon on every single game that appeared in my library that I own a disc for. Confused me until I clicked on it and it said "do you want to go to the store to find a version that works?"

Last edited:
xGkFeuQ.jpg

tenor.gif

also, JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered

dont think i dont see you emoji'ing posts welcome home son

Wonko_C

False. Do they own it on Disc or digital? If they own a disc it will have an icon in the library saying it doesn't work but if they put the disc in it will. I noticed that icon on every single game that appeared in my library that I own a disc for. Confused me until I clicked on it and it said "do you want to go to the store to find a version that works?"
Disc version. I'll tell him to check, he probably didn't even click the icons because he also told me "demos don't work".

TheMan

UPDATE to this. All six games seem to have been fixed and now work on PS5.

Thank Zeus. With everything going on in this crazy world i'm sure we can all sleep better knowing that the 2 people in this universe who gave a shit about these games can now play them on the ps5 that statistically they don't even own yet.

Playstation Thread I know but anyone have the new Xbox? I was wondering if DOA Volleyball, Path of Neo, Fatal Frame 2, or Silent Hill 2 were backwards compatible supported.

dave_d

To be blunt I wouldn't have been surprised if 6 or so PS4 games didn't work on the PS4 pro or a similar amount that worked on the Xbox One didn't work on the Xbox One X. Hell, weren't there some games that wouldn't work on certain versions of the PS2?

Playstation Thread I know but anyone have the new Xbox? I was wondering if DOA Volleyball, Path of Neo, Fatal Frame 2, or Silent Hill 2 were backwards compatible supported.

Those are OG Xbox right? From what I remember the Series X supports the same OG & 360 games as the Xbox One. None of those are compatible when checking the list, there's only around 30 OG games that actually work.

sendit

The Gardens Between???....Seriously Jim Ryan? We need answers on why they aren't supporting a timeless classic.

Last edited:
Those are OG Xbox right? From what I remember the Series X supports the same OG & 360 games as the Xbox One. None of those are compatible when checking the list, there's only around 30 OG games that actually work.
I appreciate the info. Getting harder and harder to find an OG Xbox for a reasonable price that still works. :/ This is exactly why i'm all for full backwards compatibility.

Top Bottom