• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Site Update - User Generated Giveaways

Hestar69

Congrats on the double win. Have fun with your new games.

The new function is pretty cool and somewhat easy to use, so thanks, GAF-Team
Yup super easy to use and Thank you! I've always wanted to play sim city builder ype game for awhile now so wil be playing it this weekend after I finally beat grandia 1!

Hm, I have a UPLAY-Key on Humble Bundle, but the reveal button says "Claim to Uplay-Account"... and I'm afraid, it will automatically claim it to account that's linked because of older purchases... can anybody confirm, that there will come out a key, if I press the button or should I use the gift-to-a-friend-option and send it to myself? :unsure:

BigBooper

I added Titan Quest Gold Edition, but it's not listed on Steam anymore apparently, so the store ID is for the re-release. I'm not completely sure what will happen when that key is activated. But the re-release didn't change much anyways.

SLoco

Neo Member
Hey guys when i hited
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R Giveaway

It said i registered for this giveaway 2 times,can you please fix it?
Thanks in advance.

GreenAlien

Maybe add an option to opt-out of a giveaway. Like, when after participating you see you already own the game or that it is multiplayer and that reduces your interest to zero.

Also, since you have to enter the SteamID, why not provide a Link to the store page? That way users don't have to search to look up the game..

Fuz

Banned
QoL request: is it possible to implement some sort of of checkmark to see which giveaways you are already partecipating in from the main giveaway page?
Also, is it possible to implement a "unregister from giveaway" button? I've entered a PS giveaway by mistake and I would like to be able to get out of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is the giveaway feature only for games or can we give away keys to movies, shows, music etc?
There is a section labeled "Other" which I assume you could use to give away anything you wanted :)

Salmonboy

I won a game the other day, and it said: "
Your activation key is: Epic Games Store Enjoy!"

Huh?
How am I able to activate it without a key?

It also said I can't reply to the message.

LegionX

I won a game the other day, and it said: "
Your activation key is: Epic Games Store Enjoy!"

Huh?
How am I able to activate it without a key?

It also said I can't reply to the message.

Sounds like the person who created the give away did it incorrectly... Perhaps you should message them and ask?

looking at past giveaways I assume it was the Walking Dead Michonne giveaway, if so, try contacting RyuCookingSomeRice about it

Sounds like the person who created the give away did it incorrectly... Perhaps you should message them and ask?

looking at past giveaways I assume it was the Walking Dead Michonne giveaway, if so, try contacting RyuCookingSomeRice about it
I also put the EGS Version of that game into the giveaways, if there is something not right with it, please tell me.

GreenAlien

I just won 2 games at once. Evergarden & 11-11 Memories Retold.. (Thanks waylo waylo :messenger_grinning_smiling: )

Just lucky or some sort of bug in how the winner is determined? One had 41 people in it, the other 39...

I feel a bit bad about it.. (but I'm not giving them back :messenger_grinning_sweat:)

Last edited:

LegionX

I've also been curious about if it's purely random or if it weighs in forum activity etc.. I think I recall that was a thing back when the give aways were being put up purely by staff

I've seen that some people have won quite a few things, I've never had any luck myself, but I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so was curious if it was pure luck, or more that I'm not active enough (equally I only enter for things I have an interest in, I'm sure some enter everything)

not complaining btw, just curious

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Added one for the VN fans:

header.jpg

Also: hopefully it's not annoying to bump this thread each time I add a game, but if you're like me, you forget to check the Giveaways tab and are more likely to see the thread bump.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Added Umbrella Corps™ in case anyone wants it.

Had this key for ages and never wanted to play it, due to negative reviews and large backlog. But it's a Biohazard / RE franchise entry, so I'm sure it's at least good enough for a laugh with some beer.

Does this work for non gaming related stuff also?
I recently bought a Zoom h1n recorder to improve my youtube audio quality and I got 2 codes for editing software, Cubase LE and Wavelab LE.
I have no use for these since I use Audacity for my audio editing needs, but if someone else would have a use for these, I'd like to give it to them.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Does this work for non gaming related stuff also?
I recently bought a Zoom h1n recorder to improve my youtube audio quality and I got 2 codes for editing software, Cubase LE and Wavelab LE.
I have no use for these since I use Audacity for my audio editing needs, but if someone else would have a use for these, I'd like to give it to them.

Yeah, that's fine. as GreenAlien GreenAlien says just provide the appropriate info in the giveaway details.

I made a giveaway for Wavelab LE. I can't post this pic in the giveaway, so I hope it's not a problem if I post it here. If someone doesn't know how to claim his code, here are the instructions.

79805284-1388368531370273-1190275110058065920-n.jpg

LegionX

I've got a spare Steam key to what looks to be a bit of an average game most likely.. to the point I don't think it worth putting through the giveaways system, so I'll just list the key here... first come first served

Culling of the cows: Z0MX9-A0BKM-LZY4L

keraj37

I've got a spare Steam key to what looks to be a bit of an average game most likely.. to the point I don't think it worth putting through the giveaways system, so I'll just list the key here... first come first served

Culling of the cows: Z0MX9-A0BKM-LZY4L

Claimed - my man you rule. I have no clue what this game is about but it always look great to have some new entry in steam library.

Top Bottom