• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Site Update - User Generated Giveaways

Kupfer

Thanks Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear.
Unfortunately I can't do much with it since it's just a DLC, I didn't see that when I participated.
Will throw the key back into the pot.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Thanks keefged4 keefged4 for Dark Future: Blood Red States!, Pawnbarian and Treasure Hunter Simulator!
Will throw in the last two back in the pool again after the sweet feeling of winning has subsided.

EDIT:
Shit, I just wanted to try out if the keys work before giving them them away again and thought there would be another verfication a la "do you really want to add game XY?" after keyentry.
Turns out - nope, you enter the key, press continue and have the key redeemed without first seeing which game it is.
Long story short, Treasure Hunter Simulator is now linked to my account forever, sorry :(

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

Draugoth

Gold Member
Thanks dreamstation dreamstation for Lumino City and for Resident Evil Revelations 2!

Transparent-Leprechaun-GIF.gif

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
What is happening here?

oo5twlv.jpg

Sorry about that - there was a server-side error where somehow an unconfirmed account had entered one of these drawing. I'm not sure how exactly that happened. There are a lot of validations that are done when the winners of the giveaways are selected, for example you become ineligible to win if you've been banned, etc. Well, that validation failed trying to get details on that account which caused the whole draw process to crash every time it attempted to run.

Now the draw validation will first check to make sure that the entered account is a confirmed account before anything else, so the winner selection process should happen normally again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awesome, I won House of Ashes from IFireflyl IFireflyl Thanks dude!

Top Bottom