• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sinister Within - A Ghost Hunt Goes Very Wrong in This Intense Paranormal Horror Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sinister Within is an eerie paranormal horror game where a ghost hunt goes very wrong as you’re sucked into a terrifying Limbo between life and death.

In Sinister Within you step into the shoes of a paranormal investigator who has a web series called “Paranormal Normality”. After arriving at a residence you set up some cameras then start snooping around using your ghost-hunting equipment. You soon find that the house is indeed haunted and attempt to help the ghost, but you’re then sucked into a strange limbo that’s home to another, more malicious spirit.

The current build of Sinister Within is very much early in development so isn’t perfect, but it shows a lot of promise. The environmental detail is very impressive, the ghost hunting premise is fun and it’s got a very tense atmosphere. The first half of the current build is far better than the second half though, where it descends into what feels like a bad P.T. knock-off, complete with looping corridors, similar settings and voices over the radio.

If the devs can steer away from mimicking P.T. and allow Sinister Within to stand on its own two feet then it could be a great game. Even in these early stages of development there’s a lot to like about it and it has some genuinely scary moments.

Download The Sinister Within Prototype Here (Windows)

Really with the Piano shutting itself as you slowly reach for it? RE7 already did that in the same exact way years ago.

Wow, i liked.
Btw, i don't like this channel...They posted my game, said on the page its great and blablabla, but has only 3 stages...? NOO, he didn't solve a puzzle, got stuck and said that.
My game is full, complete. I said to him, but he never changed his review on the site :(

Hey this looks good, nice job!
Did you do all the sprites and animations? They look better than a lot of indie games out there.

Also, where is Jennifer 2?
As i had no money to create a full original game in 2010, i edited some sprites, and some original like Jennifer, i got permission from a friend from Italy. All the Jennifer edits, enemies, stages, objects, sfx and theme music was made by me (music was made from a band frined of mine)

Jennifer stay for 7 years in a rom in first place on "most downloaded file" on Chronocrash, even more than the engine itself.

My goal now is release on steam with all original sprites and actors from the cut scenes.

Im in some negotiations and maybe 2022 i will bring Jennifer on Steam. (But i have to cut a lot of content, theres some hardcore scenes)

If you want to try, its free! If you play someday, gimme a feedback;

BTW

Here is a good review;

Last edited:
Top Bottom