• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Since when we cannot post negative opinions in threads?

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Seriously though, avocados taste like used gym socks. I don't get the appeal.
Fuck you they're delicious and packed full of goodness! I can't eat them anymore unfortunately because they turn my arsehole into a singing twenty second, warning explosive diarrhea tap.

Happy Good Vibes GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

Lanrutcon

Ask yourself this: when you see someone shitting on something...do they actually want to start a conversation around said thing, or do they just want to shit on it and disappear out of the thread before someone calls on them to justify their post?

True, but maybe we should also have the common sense to realise that a first reaction post will often be short and concise, and yet still be valid.

I think I'd honestly rather drive by trolling than cry babies who cry foul/call it trolling any time someone bluntly states an opinion they don't like.

You should be able to enter, say, a Halo thread with a a simple one sentence criticism without suffering a four paragraph essay on why you're wrong and why you should be banned for trolling for example.

This is a discussion form. Not a "hot take drive by" forum. If you post something you open yourself up to rebuttals. If you're not willing to defend your point then your opinion wasn't worth posting in the first place.

FrankWza

Difference being, the "green rats" don't go crying about it & make a thread regarding their warnings or removal.
No they just spam the report button and cry to mods in private. Hence, the green rats. Read the sticky. That’s why the crackdown happen. When your kids are crying all the way home you put on a Barney video and sing along.

octiny

Banned
No they just spam the report button and cry to mods in private. Hence, the green rats. Read the sticky. That’s why the crackdown happen. When your kids are crying all the way home you put on a Barney video and sing along.

I mean, if there's nothing wrong with the posts in the first place, a report wouldn't matter to the moderator, would it? They would get banned for spam reporting like Bryan did.

And, he's banned because of his other thread now. Too bad, weak exit compared to Kretos.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I couldn't be a Mod in here with the constant vigilance and I presume dealing with childish arguments.
My hat's off to them for their patience & diligence.

Since people get offended by every little thing and people cry like little bitches, it's everywhere , facebook, instashit, youtube....it's a glitch in the matrix and people should teach the fuckers and abandon social medias, yeah that won't happen

rofif

Banned
Imo forum and good, normal fun discourse need people who are for and against the topic.
Without people like banned bryank75, kretos and other "assholes" the forum will loose all it's flavor.
Of course there are going to be "drive by" posts in a live topic commenting right on the event. People are reacting and expressing their feelings. If everyone was happy, it would be unnatural.

Of course I don't want to allow for people offending others.. at least too much :p

MonarchJT

Banned
mod edit: there are plenty of negative and questioning posts regarding quality and assets in the thread which are genuine. There are also lots of drivebys and hot takes crafted only to provoke and antagonise others. If you want to get into exchanges that belong on twitter, take them there. The creators of those posts will be given a courtesy warning, reply ban or temporary site ban. Let's not forget other posts which deserved warnings like this as well. You have had chances, and we have had a sticky in the boards for months now. Increase the quality of your posts or their intent will be subject to review.

ripep9j9l.png

ripethkkt.png

I couldn’t find a way to reply to whatever mod banned me from the Hellblade 2 thread so I am posting here.

I wrote that I think that it’s a downgrade and that the graphics are not great since Horizon 2 looks better while being cross gen.

Nothing else.

if you get offended by a simple opinion like this it’s your problem not mine.

I don’t care about console wars and Horizon 2 is not a game I am looking forward to play.

If we are back to this childish moderation, will neogaf have any chance to go back to what it was 10 years ago? @EviLore

Get better mods, last time it cost you most of the userbase.
Ban people that get offended on nothing not people that posts opinions regardless of unpopular they are.

99% of the console war flames come from people that get offended because someone said something not great about their favourite console, this is the type of user you don’t want in your commmunity and the more they are the more console war flame you are going to have.
if the situation is getting worse is because the moderation is failing.
my 2 cents.
because your opinions was so personal and technically objectively wrong for people with some know in graphics department who looked almost like a troll

Last edited:

FrankWza

I mean, if there's nothing wrong with the posts in the first place, a report wouldn't matter to the moderator, would it? They would get banned for spam reporting like Bryan did.
They can’t read every post. Wouldn’t it make sense that they’re more likely to read ones that are brought to their attention by reporting? It’s ridiculous when you’re also doing exactly what you’re reporting.

fatmarco

Ask yourself this: when you see someone shitting on something...do they actually want to start a conversation around said thing, or do they just want to shit on it and disappear out of the thread before someone calls on them to justify their post?

This is a discussion form. Not a "hot take drive by" forum. If you post something you open yourself up to rebuttals. If you're not willing to defend your point then your opinion wasn't worth posting in the first place.
That's true enough but I guess what I was getting at was I've seen a lot of short initial takes be immediately dismissed as trolling/ ban worthy lately, rather than merely challenged with a rebuttal.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I wrote that I think that it’s a downgrade and that the graphics are not great since Horizon 2 looks better while being cross gen.

Nothing else.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

99% of the console war flames come from people that get offended because someone said something not great about their favourite console, this is the type of user you don’t want in your commmunity and the more they are the more console war flame you are going to have.
my 2 cents.
I don't think in my twenty five years on the Internet that I have ever seen anyone with this little self awareness as OP.

VAVA Mk2

mod edit: there are plenty of negative and questioning posts regarding quality and assets in the thread which are genuine. There are also lots of drivebys and hot takes crafted only to provoke and antagonise others. If you want to get into exchanges that belong on twitter, take them there. The creators of those posts will be given a courtesy warning, reply ban or temporary site ban. Let's not forget other posts which deserved warnings like this as well. You have had chances, and we have had a sticky in the boards for months now. Increase the quality of your posts or their intent will be subject to review.

ripep9j9l.png

ripethkkt.png

I couldn’t find a way to reply to whatever mod banned me from the Hellblade 2 thread so I am posting here.

Nothing else.

if you get offended by a simple opinion like this it’s your problem not mine.

I don’t care about console wars and Horizon 2 is not a game I am looking forward to play.

If we are back to this childish moderation, will neogaf have any chance to go back to what it was 10 years ago? @EviLore

Get better mods, last time it cost you most of the userbase.
Ban people that get offended on nothing not people that posts opinions regardless of unpopular they are.

my 2 cents.
Game does look like a downgrade from initial teaser but still looks great and next gen. Your post felt like a console war shit post which is why I assume you got banned.

ManaByte

Game does look like a downgrade from initial teaser but still looks great and next gen. Your post felt like a console war shit post which is why I assume you got banned.

He got banned for having a Kretos meltdown after this thread. He went and posted ANOTHER thread (that's locked).

octiny

Banned
They can’t read every post. Wouldn’t it make sense that they’re more likely to read ones that are brought to their attention by reporting? It’s ridiculous when you’re also doing exactly what you’re reporting.

It's not hard to spot them. My point was if reports are being made, is it not the mod who deems it correct or not? So if people are justified for reporting others by the mods to issue a warning or removal, what's the problem? If others don't want to report, that's on them, just don't go making threads later on about it, bitching about it and perma banning yourself.

Pretty simple.

FrankWza

It's not hard to spot them. My point was if reports are being made, is it not the mod who deems it correct or not? So if people are justified for reporting others by the mods to issue a warning or removal, what's the problem? If others don't want to report, that's on them, just don't go making threads later on about it, bitching about it and perma banning yourself.

Pretty simple.
Because, in the sticky, that exact behavior is called out. That’s what the ignore button is for. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it. But if you’re going to dish it, don’t rat people out for doing the same shit you do. It’s corny.

octiny

Banned
Because, in the sticky, that exact behavior is called out. That’s what the ignore button is for. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it. But if you’re going to dish it, don’t rat people out for doing the same shit you do. It’s corny.

The ignore button doesn't take care of the issue. You're simply sweeping it under the rug. The point is to minimize console wars, not pass it on to the next person who hasn't put you on "ignore". Thus, reporting is a necessity & the mods will deem the report justified, or not. If you're simply spam reporting, well, you're going to get banned just like Bryan did.

FrankWza

The ignore button doesn't take care of the issue. You're simply sweeping it under the rug. The point is to minimize console wars, not pass it on to the next person who hasn't put you on "ignore". Thus, reporting is a necessity & the mods will deem the report justified, or not. If you're simply spam reporting, well, you're going to get banned just like Bryan did.
Of course. But they called out the people who report with one hand and war with the other. The mods called out that exact behavior in the sticky.

octiny

Banned
Of course. But they called out the people who report with one hand and war with the other. The mods called out that exact behavior in the sticky.

That's fine, then report them if you know who exactly they're talking about & see another shit post by them. By just ignoring it you're not doing yourself any favors, or the site. We'll just get more & more self imploding cry baby perma bans.

But anyways, I like avocados. I'm going to add some to my sandwich right now as tribute to another fallen soldier.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I don’t get it. Do these people complaining about the mods think their shit posts are that intelligent that they’re indecipherable? It’s as transparent as a window.

I noticed that. Was not impressed with Hellblade and pointed out the downgrade which lead to a barrage of shitposts coming my way. I bet from the 10 pages half of them are from some defence force berating people and of course a mod sided with the "outraged" mob.
You can be impressed with whatever you like, but objectively it’s in the top 1% of games graphically.

Do you think your posts are neutral or unbiased? Look at your post history and it’s all bollocks, you’re blowing Sony games non-stop and slating anything MS. 17 posts in that Hellblade thread out of 37 total posts, bizarre. You’re slating Halo and Hellblade based on in engine teasers. I’ll let you in on a secret; in engine footage is not gameplay. Just like Windwaker didn’t look like this:

ManaByte

Do you think your posts are neutral or unbiased? Look at your post history and it’s all bollocks, you’re blowing Sony games non-stop and slating anything MS. 17 posts in that Hellblade thread out of 37 total posts, bizarre. You’re slating Halo and Hellblade based on in engine teasers. I’ll let you in on a secret; in engine footage is not gameplay. Just like Windwaker didn’t look like this:
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

AddictedProxy

Neo Member
I don’t get it. Do these people complaining about the mods think their shit posts are that intelligent that they’re indecipherable? It’s as transparent as a window.

You can be impressed with whatever you like, but objectively it’s in the top 1% of games graphically.

So you are an expert when it comes analyzing people based on 37 posts? 17 posts in the Hellblade thread because I got quoted a bunch of times. Most of them shitposts that I partly ignored otherwise I would have even more posts in the thread.

See, this kind of stupid shit is what you get:
Come on fam, tell us whose alt account you are.

Last edited:

Concern

Star Wars Irony GIF

Post bait, get reply banned and cry about it. So people can't be "upset" at your posts but you can throw a tantrum for being called out on it lol

Make your own forum and set your own rules lol

Kacho

Gold Member
Those two posts are such obvious trolling. 😂

I don’t even care about Hellblade II because the ‘gameplay’ looks like shit, but to suggest the game looks bad visually is absurd.

Better luck next time, pal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom