• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Since when we cannot post negative opinions in threads?

My very first warning at this site was a mixed issue. Justified, but also nobody bothered to ask for context and clarification as to what I meant, so they assumed the worst and labeled me a troll from resetera in the mod response. They assumed I was advocating for something I was not and did not even bother to ask me to clear things up. Honestly not sure why they did not give me a full ban on the spot if they really believed what they thought about me. Glad they didn't, but it still bothers me from time to time when I look at my mod history here since they just assumed the worst about me which is ironically exactly what Era would do and still does to this day about people.

kingfey

Banned
Am i the only one whos never got banned or even a warning? I feel like this isn't that difficult?

When I see someone say its getting hard to talk about whatever I am confused.

Dont get me wrong, I have had my criticisms about the mod work here but if anything I would say it has improved dramatically in a fashion I would deem good.
certain topics usually trigger ban from the mods. I have my fair share of ban from certain threads. I was doing normal discussion. The mods didnt like the way I was responding to someone.

My most hilarious one was console baiting, when I have never done that.

Nevertheless, mods are humans, and they make mistakes sometimes.

certain topics usually trigger ban from the mods. I have my fair share of ban from certain threads. I was doing normal discussion. The mods didnt like the way I was responding to someone.

My most hilarious one was console baiting, when I have never done that.

Nevertheless, mods are humans, and they make mistakes sometimes.
Which is all the more reason why we should not knee-jerk use the report feature (Which I was doing for a while, and it was stupid of me to) and said mods should not just accept that it really is a violation without addressing the user privately for more details. Only after additional details are provided should a mod go ahead with any punishments. Like my example post number 201

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

You came into a Hellblade 2 thread simply to bait & say Horizon looked better, it was "downgraded" & that you didn't like the first one.

You knew exactly what you were doing. Not surprised a mod removed you from the thread, did he suggest some glasses as well?

Better luck next time.
Wait it was Hellblade 2 he was talking about?

Hellblade 2 looks incredible.

Flintty

I've never been banned or warned for console warring. I may have come close sometimes, who knows? But if you engage in a conversation sensibly you shouldn't have anything to worry about. There are threads for letting off console war steam or shit posting. Enter a thread with a clear bait/derail too many times and you're gonna get Mod-checked. Simple. And from what I've seen, Mods are very generous with their warnings.

I was once banned for using SJW as a pejorative though - back in the dark days :messenger_tears_of_joy:

kingfey

Banned
Which is all the more reason why we should not knee-jerk use the report feature (Which I was doing for a while, and it was stupid of me to) and said mods should not just accept that it really is a violation without addressing the user privately for more details. Only after additional details are provided should a mod go ahead with any punishments. Like my example post number 201
Mods here have little bit lenient rule. You get 3 strikes 1st. Only when the issue is breaking their rules, is when you get bans.

Lately people have been abusing it, so mods had to act, and make it clear, these behaviors arent ok here. Its why you see sticky mod post on 1st page.

Check out the ban list. They write the reason there.

Also people here hate reset. So expect some blokes to be pissed off with you.

Mods here have little bit lenient rule. You get 3 strikes 1st. Only when the issue is breaking their rules, is when you get bans.

Lately people have been abusing it, so mods had to act, and make it clear, these behaviors arent ok here. Its why you see sticky mod post on 1st page.

Check out the ban list. They write the reason there.

Also people here hate reset. So expect some blokes to be pissed off with you.

I'm not from reset though, nor do I share their views on things.

Loope

You must have missed the GT7 trailer thread where that exact same thing happened. Repeatedly. The difference is, one group cries and reports posts and the other doesn’t. At least not nearly as much. So, when baby cries you hand them a rattle.
Nah, one cries and reports, other just cries, you know, like you just did.

kingfey

Banned
It’s almost entirely the opposite is true
Check both environments.

HFW is meant to show off the beauty of the landscape. While on HB2 is meant to show case the emotion of senua.

The environment on HB2 looks dystopian. The usage of rain, in the dark night represents that.

Compared to HFW, which changes the dynamics of the environments. You jump from beach, to jungle, to mountain, to sea, to snow, to desert, to forest, to bond, and to beach again. These are show case of what the world looks like.

Look at the trailer for both worlds.

Loope

I noticed that. Was not impressed with Hellblade and pointed out the downgrade which lead to a barrage of shitposts coming my way. I bet from the 10 pages half of them are from some defence force berating people and of course a mod sided with the "outraged" mob.
IF a mod sided with the "outraged" mob, how weren't you banned then? You still gave your opinion didn't you? You're contradicting yourself, also report the people that treated you bad, pay them in the same way.

DaGwaphics

Am i the only one whos never got banned or even a warning? I feel like this isn't that difficult?

When I see someone say its getting hard to talk about whatever I am confused.

Dont get me wrong, I have had my criticisms about the mod work here but if anything I would say it has improved dramatically in a fashion I would deem good.

Agreed, I think they give you a lot of wiggle room. I've console warred quite a bit and outside of the time I got thread banned for using an old Nazi gif in reference to PS fans, I haven't got banned yet. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I do have a personal rule where I don't go into PS5 game threads and try to block discussion/derail. Maybe that helps.

I'm glad mods are cracking down. If every thread becomes a console war it will drive normal posters away. Far as I know they tend to give warnings first too.

EDMIX

You live in a society where feelings are easily hurt.

Bitch ass generation, if you will. 😆
aka BAG lol

I feel anything they did would be a downgrade as I don't even know why they jumped to show it soooooo early when they know it will just be labeled "downgradez" when they actually really start coding it, adding features etc. Its simply not going to look like that original reveal and I feel the team set themselves up (well maybe it was up to MS to show it that early or something)

So I feel to be fair, we haven't seen enough of Hellblade 2 to see how it really stacks up against Horizon 2, their art directions are just too different and will be hard to compare and we haven't see their day cycle to judge it on those parts either, regardless i feel the tone and the worlds are just too different and just showing a giant person getting arrowed is......meh lol When you have massive robot dinos and gliding and a bunch of different settings and going from air to sea etc, that is a lot to take in and Horizon just has more to work with based on its narrative.

Hellblade might want to be more secretive about the world to have folks explore ore keep it a mystery. Who knows.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Oh please. Horizon 2 thread is full of "best looking console game ever wow best next gen game ever". But green rats don't feel the need to go there and shitpost. Just let fans be happy about the games they're getting.
I'm sure "green rats" never went into Sony threads to point out downgrades.

Nothing has been worse than the "puddle gate" as we all remember.

The thing is, the first trailer was used as proof of never gen quality graphics and it was also used in comparison videos. People are obviously going to point out the downgrades if it doesn't look as good as the reveal trailer.

I don't agree with the obvious level of trolling, but its common for people to go to the other side to point out downgrades.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Mods can get pretty aids in a lot of forums over time, but here they seem quite decent so far (only been here a year). If you want gestapo levels of moderation try the RSI forums for Star Citizen. You'll be crucified for any critical complaint there.

It also becomes harder to regulate things these days because victimhood is seen as the strongest way to score the most social capital. Even the most in-the-wrong person invokes victimhood; sort of like the person who assaults you but legally wins out because they call the cops first.

elliot5

lRTOcKn.gif

sainraja

I think people are too sensitive. These are boxes designed by two different companies that none of us have a hand in designing; we just happen to make a choice of which one we'll play our games on. Some of us get both or all available systems.

We're all a little biased to an extent and I've seen everyone here mention which "console" they use as their main — console A is for exclusives only while console B is for everything else, etc. That's because you've got a preference.

Games released can and will work on any device they are designed for. If something is exclusive, it is simply due to who is funding it.
Anyway, I do think the people that lean a little green prefer "echo" chambers and when they actually get it, they start "mocking" what they think the other side will say.

It's all a bit childish but who cares. Let those who want to talk about that non-sense do so while you can get yourself to focus on other things. You can use your free choice and ignore it or discuss/talk about it — good or bad. Trust me, Microsoft and Sony won't get their feelings hurt.

EDIT
The strangest thing I have seen is when one side accuses the other of trolling while doing the same thing in threads for the "other" console. It's like people think they are immune to behavior that they see in others but completely ignore it when they themselves are "participating" in it. lol

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Check both environments.

HFW is meant to show off the beauty of the landscape. While on HB2 is meant to show case the emotion of senua.

The environment on HB2 looks dystopian. The usage of rain, in the dark night represents that.

Compared to HFW, which changes the dynamics of the environments. You jump from beach, to jungle, to mountain, to sea, to snow, to desert, to forest, to bond, and to beach again. These are show case of what the world looks like.

Look at the trailer for both worlds.

Not saying you are, but comparing a game with a $20 million budget (HB2) and a game with $150+ million budget (HFW) is not really a fair comparison.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Not saying you are, but comparing a game with a $20 million budget (HB2) and a game with $150+ million budget (HFW) is not really a fair comparison.
Both of them, despite having huge difference in budget shows what next gen is capable.

HFW graphics is lit, and shows that even with old gen, you can make impressive quality game.

HB2 utilizes its budget, for things most big games tend to over look. The clothes in HB2 is much more real, compared to HFW. The focus on small details brings the immersion of the game.

Look at the way the fire reacted. That is insane detail, compared to the way the snake boss looked in HFW. Most of the games dont have that fire details.

DaGwaphics

Both of them, despite having huge difference in budget shows what next gen is capable.

HFW graphics is lit, and shows that even with old gen, you can make impressive quality game.

HB2 utilizes its budget, for things most big games tend to over look. The clothes in HB2 is much more real, compared to HFW. The focus on small details brings the immersion of the game.

Look at the way the fire reacted. That is insane detail, compared to the way the snake boss looked in HFW. Most of the games dont have that fire details.

Makes me even more interested in "Project Mara". I can only imagine what this team could do with that kind of concept.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

HFW is cross gen, its as next gen as FH5.
HB2 is able to look better because its made on next generation technology on next gen consoles. However some elements may be inferior to last/cross gen games because new technology can not make up for more development time.

I don't think it looks as good as some want us to believe either but there is no reason to bring other games into the discussion.

kingfey

Banned
HFW is cross gen, its as next gen as FH5.
HB2 is able to look better because its made on next generation technology on next gen consoles. However some elements may be inferior to last/cross gen games because new technology can not make up for more development time.
Technology needs more time. This is the 1st UE5 for next gen console only. So expect some key features of the engine to be missing out.

I want to know, how will the next HB3 be, if HB2 is like this.

I thought Gaming graphics were on top, when we had rd2, tlou2, hive buster, GOT, ratchet and clank, FH5. Then this game comes out of nowhere, and tells us those graphics are baby, Then we see The fucking matrix UE5 demo.

The future of gaming is exciting. Maybe this what Kojima meant, when he said Cloud gaming will advance gaming production. If normal computers are able to create this type of games, imagine game engine utilizing the power of Cloud Azura.
Guess what they say, the future is now.

Last edited:

Skifi28

3/10. Very little effort, no insults, too much time spent trying to justify yourself. People had to force the memes on this one, very sad. If you're going down, might as well go like a werrior.

Top Bottom