• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Reboot to FINALLY be unveiled at the VGA?

Mentat02

Banned
people actually believe Konami will dole out their properties to Sony without any major financial incentive in their favor? lol.

Konami is definitely going to give Sony 100% creative control to their IPs and allow remakes just because SONY.

reksveks

I would have put my money on it not being silent hill but a silent hill like game. I don't know now since Toyama has left.

Perrott

Gold Member
HxOBPyN.jpg

OrionNebula

See you next year for the next bullshit rumor about this game

In Konami we trust 😆 (when it’s time to not please their gaming fans)

Akira Yamaoka, the man behind many Silent Hill soundtracks has teased his new project in the latest podcast.
Yamaoka says that this new project will be out "around summer" and it's something that "people may have been hoping to hear about."

Silent Hill composer says his new project is what "people may have been hoping to hear about" (altchar.com)
I cant wait for it to be revealed 2 months ago!

Nah, for real though, I hope this is a DMCV scenario where it actually is a thing and it's reveals just keep getting pulled last second. At this point I kinda doubt it, but hope is a stupid thing that doesn't care about reason

fart town usa

Gold Member
You'd think SH fans would just forget about it and then be pleasantly surprised if a reboot is announced. I mean, there hasn't been a true quality SH game for almost 2 decades (SH3). The Room was meh, Homecoming was alright, but Downpour, the Remaster set, and Shattered Memories were straight up trash.

cragarmi

I cant wait for it to be revealed 2 months ago!

Nah, for real though, I hope this is a DMCV scenario where it actually is a thing and it's reveals just keep getting pulled last second. At this point I kinda doubt it, but hope is a stupid thing that doesn't care about reason
Its definately happening, its just when it was first rumoured it was far too early in production to even show a teaser! A reveal by the summer is a strong possibilty. Definately not a 2021 game though.

MiguelItUp

I'm sure it's a thing that exists somewhere, but I've let go of hope and expectations revolving around it a long time ago. We'll see when it shows itself!

SkylineRKR

I stopped believing this rumour when the PS5 was unveiled.

There is nothing. The MGS crew got together for some gig, while there is rumours about Bluepoint doing that game. About SH though, pretty much nothing like it, which is weird in this day and age.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You'd think SH fans would just forget about it and then be pleasantly surprised if a reboot is announced. I mean, there hasn't been a true quality SH game for almost 2 decades (SH3). The Room was meh, Homecoming was alright, but Downpour, the Remaster set, and Shattered Memories were straight up trash.

What? Room was great and downpour was a return to form and the closest we got to classic silent hill. The only issue with that one was that it was rushed out the door and poorly optimized. Shattered Memories is a lot of folks post-Team Silent favorite.

Homecomint was easily the worst game in the franchise and pure trash.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
What? Room was great and downpour was a return to form and the closest we got to classic silent hill. The only issue with that one was that it was rushed out the door and poorly optimized. Shattered Memories is a lot of folks post-Team Silent favorite.

Downpour got some things right, but the problem was that it wasn't scary at all. And it fell apart at the end with the dumb combat gauntlet thing and silly boss fight.

MeteorVII

Why would anyone be excited about this?

Even the Team Silent SH games post-SH2 all sucked.

The only thing that was exciting was P.T. and that’s never coming back...

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Man the original was some craic back in the day and spawned a surprisingly fantastic movie that just oozed that silent hill atmosphere, gonna have to dig it out and give it a rewatch

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The games have become more of a memory than something consumers and fans can actually spend money on. That’s pretty sad if you ask me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Downpour got some things right, but the problem was that it wasn't scary at all. And it fell apart at the end with the dumb combat gauntlet thing and silly boss fight.

I mean most of that can be leveled against SH2 as well. It really isn’t a scary game, but it’s themes and story beats are very well done. It has a pointless final boss, but that isn’t really much of a detractor imo.

fart town usa

Gold Member

This is what I love about the SH series and fans. The tastes of each entry are so wildly different from fan to fan. I love the atmosphere in Homecoming, I think it's Akira Yamaoka at his best. One of those games where the sound design just puts me on edge. I will say though, I think Shattered Memories is a flaming hot turd. I can't stand that game. To each their own though.

Arachnid

The Room and Shattered Memories were fantastic. Both are pretty loved in the fanbase. SM is mostly praised for its story (no one wants the chase gameplay back).

Not that you're wrong in your point. It's just hard to move on from the greatest horror franchise of all time. :(

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
The Room and Shattered Memories were fantastic. Both are pretty loved in the fanbase. SM is mostly praised for its story (no one want's the chase gameplay back).

Not that you're wrong in your point. It's just hard to move on from the greatest horror franchise of all time. :(
I'll have to go back to The Room and revisit it. Been meaning to, same with Homecoming.

Top Bottom