• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Reboot to FINALLY be unveiled at the VGA?

Perrott

Gold Member
I can't see Sony revealing something of this scale at TGA. It goes against their own marketing strategy in the last couple years. Sony wants to make these types of reveals via their own State of Plays. That way they get all the coverage and buzz for the entire news cycle.
Coverage and buzz? On a State of Play? But nobody even watches those things in comparison to The Game Awards. Last year's Game Awards show reached 45.2 million livestream views, with a peak of 7.5 million concurrent viewers.

If they go and announce an exclusive Silent Hill game at TGA, it surely will be the talk of the night just like how the unveil of Xbox Series X and the announcement of Hellblade 2 was last year.
Did Keighley confirmed there will be reveals at all?
Yes.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Coverage and buzz? On a State of Play? But nobody even watches those things in comparison to The Game Awards. Last year's Game Awards show reached 45.2 million livestream views, with a peak of 7.5 million concurrent viewers.

It doesn't matter who watches it live. It's about the news coverage afterwards. What new game announcement has Sony ever done at the TGA? That's simply not their marketing strategy currently. All their recent game reveals have been done via their own stream.

bender

What time is it?
remember the last couple of silent hill games yall didn't buy lol
220px-SH_Book_of_Memories.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Homecoming was dog shit, origins was bland and forgettable, shattered memories was an interesting story mired in repetitive, boring chase and exploration sections that killed any tension or horror, and downpour was a decent combat ruined by poor enemy design and performance. It was the closest to being classic silent hill.

the psvita game was cancer.

A good game will sell well. They haven’t made any good ones in a very long time.

EDMIX

Homecoming was dog shit, origins was bland and forgettable, shattered memories was an interesting story mired in repetitive, boring chase and exploration sections that killed any tension or horror, and downpour was a decent combat ruined by poor enemy design and performance. It was the closest to being classic silent hill.

A good game will sell well. They haven’t made any good ones in a very long time.

Agreed. We've seen reboots that have moved numbers waaay past originals. Look at God Of War 2018 or even the new Spiderman game. What the last one sold is irrelevant.

If they can get a trusted team, have a solid concept and a strong push, it can move units.

Vasclev

Neo Member
I really think this is the best time to develop a new SH. Indie games revived the genre in recent years and it has been a long time since I saw so much discussion and demand for a new Silent Hil.
Anyway, Toyama's departure from Sony was a blow to the guts.
A couple of weeks ago I was pretty sure about the rumors, but now I don't know.

lunnuyu

We need a Silent Hill OT... if there is one, I can't find it

Well, it's not like there is much to talk about, especially with comments like this one :

lol

lunnuyu

hey, we got that dead by daylight thing-y.

that was just blind luck since none of the "insider" mentioned anything about it or Silent Hill being part of some other popular game, afaik

at one point, there were rumors suggesting that 2 Silent Hill games were happening, the reboot that keeps being mentioned and another episodic game, in the style of Telltale's Walking Dead game lol

MiguelItUp

Man, didn't a lot of VGA stuff leak last year? I know it's just days away, but I wanna know if I'm gonna be disappointed again or what, lmao.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
source.gif

I'm ready for a new Silent Hill game. I know the series has been rocky, but if Capcom can return to form with Resident Evil I have faith.

Heartkiller

It'll be really interesting to see if Kojima is involved with this project, assuming that it's real. Those bridges seemed charred to a crisp.

Vasclev

Neo Member
It's hard to believe anything at this point, the Silent Hill community has already suffered several disappointments with all these alleged leaks.
But I'm going to allow myself to have a little faith, at least for a couple of days.

SuperGooey

I'm not a believer in supporting a brand unless they are producing produces that look appealing to me. The last couple Silent Hills were not worth a purchase, in my mind. If Konami wanted them to sell, the should have produced better games instead of relying on fanboys to buy their titles based purely on brand name.

johntown

Banned
I would love for this to be true but I just don't believe anymore. I am shocked SH4 got released on GOG.

The only thing I could see if remasters of 2 and 3. A modern SH game would cost a ton to make and I don't think Konami thinks there is money to made. If they sold the rights then maybe.

Blond

Banned
I would love for this to be true but I just don't believe anymore. I am shocked SH4 got released on GOG.

The only thing I could see if remasters of 2 and 3. A modern SH game would cost a ton to make and I don't think Konami thinks there is money to made. If they sold the rights then maybe.

The only reason I'm giving the Silent Hill rumor a pass is because it was mentioned in several leaks that were 1:1 with Sony would reveal with the PS5 games but it never materialized but one rumor in particular did say Sony wanted to stretch out announcements mentioned sequels like Horizon, Demon's Souls and Raganarok which were on point so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt but i'm also not getting my hopes up.

Top Bottom