• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Reboot to FINALLY be unveiled at the VGA?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
15004c89ee6791e1-600x338.png

Has the time finally come? According to Roberto Serrano, a gaming business analyst, Konami is planning to unveil the long rumoured Silent Hill reboot at the upcoming Game Awards on December 10.
The event will be streaming live from London, Los Angeles and Tokyo.

unknown_3.png

The project is allegedly going to act as a soft-reboot of the whole franchise and will be released exclusively for the PS5.
Sadly, the thread also confirmed that this has nothing to do with Hideo Kojima's horror game, which won't be related to his cancelled Silent Hills project at all.
Speculations about the reboot ran wild in the past months but nothing was set in stone. Konami also launched an official Silent Hill Twitter account in the summer, stirring up the fanbase.
Rumours have also pointed to the Silent Hill PS5 reboot bringing back original Silent Hill director Keiichiro Toyama, along with the legendary composer of Silent Hill 2, Akira Yamaoka.

Personal note: I know this is just an analyst, but with all those recent rumor I can clearly see this happening at the VGA.

I hate to break it to you but this person knows nothing. I don't even think he's a broken clock; it would be a waste of time to check the receipts of all the predictions he's made in recent months because there's been so many.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Last edited:

MiguelItUp

There have been some weird things happened the past few days.

The rumor mill was spinning hard and from other sources. Gamespot shared their own take on it, and then deleted it later in the day. Why would they do that? Especially as a "rumor" post. I thought it was odd.

Then of course Konami randomly blocking PT from PS5.

Some weird murmurs are definitely coming up. All this along with Konami saying that they were hiring for their reconstructed games division, etc. I'm sure it'll happen in due time, it's just a matter of when.

I hope this is all true, but I'm doing my damnedest to not believe it until it's confirmed.

When will people learn their lesson? NOTHING of significance gets announced at the VGAs. I'm sick of getting hyped over rumors and being let down time and time again. At some point, you have to adjust and stop doing that same thing over and over.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seems very plausible to me. Its not going to be that expensive a license for Sony to acquire as a console exclusive (its always been second-string really for Konami) and it'd simply be a solid "get" for them in terms of mindshare.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
No.

If it's ready to announce Dec 10, it was ready to announce during one of the several "please buy a Playstation" events we've had already, not after they already released the thing. There's a very good reason they gave you a God of War logo teaser two months before PS5 release even though there's no fucking way that game's out next year.

martino

No.

If it's ready to announce Dec 10, it was ready to announce during one of the several "please buy a Playstation" events we've had already, not after they already released the thing. There's a very good reason they gave you a God of War logo teaser two months before PS5 release even though there's no fucking way that game's out next year.

Anything can happen, it depends on what they want to reveal with and when it's ready.
(btw i have little faith something will happen but your reasons are bad imo).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anything can happen, it depends on what they want to reveal with and when it's ready.
(btw i have little faith something will happen but your reasons are bad imo).

People say the same thing every time Silent Hills might be announced, which is about twice a month for the last three years as far as I remember it.

I'll be quite happy if/when it arrives, but this never ending guessing game is retarded.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
No.

In case you haven't noticed Sony aren't taking a "shock-and-awe" approach with PS5. They dole info out piecemeal to keep interest high over the long-term. They know how weak Xbox line-up is right now so they have nothing to gain from a blow-out.

Sooner or later MS will rally as their newly acquired studios start showing their worth, and they cannot afford too many lulls in their release cadence or else it'll present a prime opportunity for the green team to capitalize on.

Last edited:

martino

People say the same thing every time Silent Hills might be announced, which is about twice a month for the last three years as far as I remember it.

I'll be quite happy if/when it arrives, but this never ending guessing game is retarded.
i like those threads
they becomes funny at some point (like sega one)

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
I am just gonna say that when you find out who's making it, your mind will be blown away.

You can save this post.
Microsoft bought Konami confirmed.

Also lmao at some reactions, sounds like this Serrano guy raped your mother or something. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

OneBigPuss

I am just gonna say that when you find out who's making it, your mind will be blown away.

You can save this post.
Is it that small company called "Not a single one because konami don't give a shit™" ?Just a speculation on my part.

AV

In case you haven't noticed Sony aren't taking a "shock-and-awe" approach with PS5. They dole info out piecemeal to keep interest high over the long-term. They know how weak Xbox line-up is right now so they have nothing to gain from a blow-out.

Sooner or later MS will rally as their newly acquired studios start showing their worth, and they cannot afford too many lulls in their release cadence or else it'll present a prime opportunity for the green team to capitalize on.

I think the Ragnarok logo reveal for a game that, let's face it, is a 2022 title, disproves this personally. They clearly wanted to let people know what's on the horizon, no pun intended. If Silent Hills really was ready to be announced in the last few months I think they'd have done it already, even if it was just another logo shot.

Top Bottom