• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill PS5 Reboot to be Revealed by Sony Next Month, Insider Claims

I don't believe the rumors now. A lot of people, Particularly on ResetEra are holding out for an August Ps5 event. Is there going to be a Ps5 event in August?

Geki-D

Banned
A lot of people, Particularly on ResetEra are holding out for an August Ps5 event. Is there going to be a Ps5 event in August?
Seems that rumour is floating around but it the word is it's not going to be game reveals but a deep dive on console features. 🤷‍♂️

Joey.

I was really looking forward to Silent Hill.
But with all this smoke, I think there's a fire....we just have to wait a little more to see it.
Perhaps in a few months, maybe next year? But I think its real.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
trashbini-2.jpg

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
I still wonder if the rumour came from leaks on The Medium which were misinterpreted. A bit like the Star Fox GP rumour.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
If - and it’s a big IF - this game exists, you’d have to think it’s a Ps5 exclusive at this point, and that Sony are sitting on it to reveal at the right moment to create maximum hype.

But theres every chance it doesn’t exist at all.

I still wonder if the rumour came from leaks on The Medium which were misinterpreted. A bit like the Star Fox GP rumour.

Yes, my thoughts too. As the same damn composer, rumoured from the start to be returning for this game, we've since discovered is working on Medium, a Silent Hill spiritual successor. So someone has found out about this, gotten confused along the way and added some fanciful fluff so that it turned into 'Team Silent working on SH reboot...for PS5'.

Also, aside from DuskGolem that remains skeptical of this, the person hyping this as real is one 'KatharsisT', someone that signed up to Ree March this year to promote these rumours. That sets alarm bells ringing, sounds like a Tommy Fisher situation all over again. Spread fake rumours to create maximum disappointment.

Azurro

Banned
Is Silent Hill really series that's popular enough for Sony to pay for an exclusive deal? Honestly I've always found them to be fairly mediocre games.

It's not as big as GTA obviously, but the series is really, really appealing for the hardcore fans and that's why it's appealing to get for Sony.

Who knows, if it's Sony developing the game, it might have enough quality and marketing to boost its sales to where it's relevant outside of hardcore circles again.

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
Silent Hill remake is happening. It's pretty obvious by now after so many sources arguing they have credible insider information and Konami itself acting very weird around it. It's not a matter of "if" but a question of "when".

By the way, I have little faith in this project. Sony Japan Studio is very hit and miss, the Silent Hill IP has not been tested since 2012 and Konami is involved.

GenericUser

hence why i said "take this with a grain of salt" are you and other forum members trying to attack me? i been noticing that for a while now.
Oh, sorry if you had the impression that I wanted to attack you. This is not the case, sorry again. I was just commenting the source of this article. As you already pointed out, a tiny pinch of salt is required.

This is so bad that it may actually be true

What is bad? If this were true it looks like a great lineup. The only thing that tells me this is probably fake is a lot of PS5 footage/info. SONY specifically said this State of Play is mainly focused on PS4 and PS5 news will come later.

SALMORE

i don't want to get too excited , cuz it might end up as a glorified walking Simulator

Last edited:

TussalDimon_I

Neo Member
Remember countless rumors about FF7 remake, Shenmue 3 and The last guardian that people brushed off and then it all happened in the same conference?

There are too many SH PS5 rumors for it not to be true. The question is when it will be revealed.

MiguelItUp

Jesus Christ, I try to not allow this to get me hyped at all, even in the slightest. Especially without legit confirmation in stone.

But here we are... 😔

It has to happen at some point. It HAS to!

Top Bottom