• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill PS5 Reboot to be Revealed by Sony Next Month, Insider Claims

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I tried playing Dead by Daylight and it didn’t work out that well. It would be cool to play the SH stuff, but I feel like I wouldn’t see my money’s worth. I’m on the fence about trying it again. The character models for the Stranger Things DLC LOOK WEIRD. Something feels off about the human characters. From reading their DLC descriptions, it sounds like this is the perfect streamer game. I just want a new Silent Hill dammit. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Arachnid

I tried playing Dead by Daylight and it didn’t work out that well. It would be cool to play the SH stuff, but I feel like I wouldn’t see my money’s worth. I’m on the fence about trying it again. The character models for the Stranger Things DLC LOOK WEIRD. Something feels off about the human characters. From reading their DLC descriptions, it sounds like this is the perfect streamer game. I just want a new Silent Hill dammit. :messenger_beaming:
I'd say keep going. I play the game a ton (currently level 92). It comes into its own once you start structuring and building builds. That requires getting perks from the shrine (or prestiging perks from other characters) and understanding how different perks synergize with others.

Initially though, it feels braineless and random like you're a chicken running around with its head cut off.

If you're a survivor, I recommend starting with either Nea for Urban Evasion or Claudette for self-care. Urban Evasion is my favorite perk in the game, but Claudette with the right clothes is basically camouflaged and hard for the killer to see and track. Your best bet would be to start with Nea to prestige Urban Evasion and then take that perk over to Claudette. That'll be a fun start.

If you play killer, I prefer surveillance (from Pig; lets you know what gens people are working on), whispers (universal perk on any killer), and BBQ and chili (Leatherface). BBQ should be your first priority. It's not just my favorite perk. It's generally accepted as the most OP killer perk in the game.

Bl@de

If Silent Hill exists and is a PS5 exclusive ...

iu

Moses85

Can't believe Sony bought this ip. They made a dozen or more Silent Hill games and all together sold like 10M in 20 years. Not very impressive or promising.

The whole PS4 Era was „for the players“
Just an example but, I doubt The last Guardian or SotC was profitable for Sony... But their Fans asked for these games, no, they were begging and Sony released them as a Fan Service.

There are people owning a PS4, only for this game. These „consumers“ are also bought other PS4 games.

This is how successful business goes.

DonJorginho

Banned
Dusk Golem has spoken again

I've lost most hope for this being real now it's clear he's backpedalling.

Just like that KatharsisT said it was coming in May then made some excuse, no-one really knows anything probably.

If it gets announced it will be more out of sheer luck then DG being spot-on as he's obviously trying to backtrack over previous statements, crossing my fingers and toes we see something on the 4th otherwise I've lost all hope.

turtlepowa

Banned
The whole PS4 Era was „for the players“
Just an example but, I doubt The last Guardian or SotC was profitable for Sony... But their Fans asked for these games, no, they were begging and Sony released them as a Fan Service.

There are people owning a PS4, only for this game. These „consumers“ are also bought other PS4 games.

This is how successful business goes.
Nothing is for the players, that's just a marketing slogan. You can't know if a game is profitable until you see the sales figures. It's not good guy Sony wasting money for a few fans, at some point they thought those games could be successful or otherweise they would have been cancelled.

In theory it works like this: Player A wants to have Gran Turismo, buys a new PS4, buys 15 3rd party games, 5 years PS Plus and PS Now.

In reality many gamers that buy a console just for one or two exclusive games are core gamers with a gaming pc. Those won't buy 3rd party games, PS Plus or PS Now, because they can have those games in better quality with better controls on pc with free online gaming. Sony doesn't make make much money with those gamers, especially when they buy used stuff. The big money comes from 3rd party games and aubscriptions.

The day will come when Sony ports all games to pc. Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding on pc are just the beginning. In the end Sony is just a company looking for profit and in my opinion they could make more profit with their games on pc. If Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding sell like crazy on Pc, they have some real numbers. Nobody, not even Sony, knows how much money they make with their current model.

Last edited:

Moses85

Nothing is for the players, that's just a marketing slogan. You can't know if a game is profitable until you see the sales figures. It's not good guy Sony wasting money for a few fans, at some point they thought those games could be successful or otherweise they would have been cancelled.

In theory it works like this: Player A wants to have Gran Turismo, buys a new PS4, buys 15 3rd party games, 5 years PS Plus and PS Now.

In reality many gamers that buy a console just for one or two exclusive games are core gamers with a gaming pc. Those won't buy 3rd party games, PS Plus or PS Now, because they can have those games in better quality with better controls on pc with free online gaming. Sony doesn't make make much money with those gamers, especially when they buy used stuff. The big money comes from 3rd party games and aubscriptions.

The day will come when Sony ports all games to pc. Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding on pc are just the beginning. In the end Sony is just a company looking for profit and in my opinion they could make more profit with their games on pc. If Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding sell like crazy on Pc, they have some real numbers. Nobody, not even Sony, knows how much money they make with their current model.
Don’t make me
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'd say keep going. I play the game a ton (currently level 92). It comes into its own once you start structuring and building builds. That requires getting perks from the shrine (or prestiging perks from other characters) and understanding how different perks synergize with others.

Initially though, it feels braineless and random like you're a chicken running around with its head cut off.

If you're a survivor, I recommend starting with either Nea for Urban Evasion or Claudette for self-care. Urban Evasion is my favorite perk in the game, but Claudette with the right clothes is basically camouflaged and hard for the killer to see and track. Your best bet would be to start with Nea to prestige Urban Evasion and then take that perk over to Claudette. That'll be a fun start.

If you play killer, I prefer surveillance (from Pig; lets you know what gens people are working on), whispers (universal perk on any killer), and BBQ and chili (Leatherface). BBQ should be your first priority. It's not just my favorite perk. It's generally accepted as the most OP killer perk in the game.
Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I’ll give it another go.

The way that the "leakers" first said May, then June 4th, and now are saying "Well, maybe august" have made me not believe this rumor. I bet we don't see SHIT on June 4th.

KatharsisT has been posting on Resetera again. Said that she's 100% sure its going to be announced this year, and that its just called "Silent Hill". I want it to hurry up and be announced so this can all be over!

yurinka

The way that the "leakers" first said May, then June 4th, and now are saying "Well, maybe august" have made me not believe this rumor. I bet we don't see SHIT on June 4th.
Then in August will say 'well, maybe October' and so on several years until Konami decides ro release a Silent Hill :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Caffeine

seems like dusk is wary of his source some thin ice moves right there. In this day an age who knows anymore everythings getting postponed, some limelight is konami is still adament about their schedules being hit due to their skeleton game coming out.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, I just wanna know if it's true or not, lmao. I'm gonna try to get myself to that area where I'm neutral, so that whatever happens I'll be prepared.

Arachnid

Yeah, that sucked.

Still, the dude who leaked Silent Hill also leaked Resident Evil 8. He got a ton of details right with RE8 too. The village/castle setting, the werewolves, the witches, and Chris Redfield murdering Ethans wife where all super specific leaks. He's not lying about Silent Hill. It's on the way.

That, or I'm a sucker. That's definitely possible.

SilentUser

Yeah, that sucked.

Still, the dude who leaked Silent Hill also leaked Resident Evil 8. He got a ton of details right with RE8 too. The village/castle setting, the werewolves, the witches, and Chris Redfield murdering Ethans wife where all super specific leaks. He's not lying about Silent Hill. It's on the way.

That, or I'm a sucker. That's definitely possible.
They guy who was right about Resi VIII also talked about rumors of a news Silent Hill?!

MiguelItUp

Well the rumors of it being in development were "guaranteed" by sources. But when it would be announced, not so much. I'm still trying to place myself somewhere in the middle.

Geki-D

Banned
Still, the dude who leaked Silent Hill also leaked Resident Evil 8.
I don't think this is true. I've been wondering what exactly happened here and the thread about it on Resetera seems to paint a picture of a massive game of telephone. The RE8 leaks apparently came from RelyOnHorror & Biohazardcast but Dust Golem was just the most advertised as reporting them, and he apparently "confirmed them" so he got the credit. As for Silent Hill, from what I can gather it actually started, or the lion's share of the info came from a ERA user called KatharsisT and yet again, Dust Golem was the most vocal about it and his stuff got picked up the most.

Dust Golem is claiming that KatharsisT did have correct info:

So at this point we have no idea if it's true. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe but Sony aren't involved. Maybe they'll show it in august at another event that's apparently planned, maybe not.

If anything, this seems to check out:

His Tweet is now gone.

Last edited:

DogofWar

Should this not be true I will officially declare Dusk Golem the biggest meanie on the internet for making us believe, if only briefly, a new Silent Hill was coming.

Not that I would be able to play it if was anything like P.T. anyway. I am still traumatized from that.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There's more to come and it was said it maybe revealed later

Arachnid

They guy who was right about Resi VIII also talked about rumors of a news Silent Hill?!
Yep. He's always leaked RE games and he's been pretty accurate about them. This is just the first time his leak cant be taken as vague.

Like Geki showed below though, his source for Silent Hill isn't as proven. It seems real due to the nature of how that person leaked it though.

I don't think this is true. I've been wondering what exactly happened here and the thread about it on Resetera seems to paint a picture of a massive game of telephone. The RE8 leaks apparently came from RelyOnHorror & Biohazardcast but Dust Golem was just the most advertised as reporting them, and he apparently "confirmed them" so he got the credit. As for Silent Hill, from what I can gather it actually started, or the lion's share of the info came from a ERA user called KatharsisT and yet again, Dust Golem was the most vocal about it and his stuff got picked up the most.

Dust Golem is claiming that KatharsisT did have correct info:

So at this point we have no idea if it's true. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe but Sony aren't involved. Maybe they'll show it in august at another event that's apparently planned, maybe not.

If anything, this seems to check out:

His Tweet is now gone.

Kind of lame that his source for Silent Hill was the same source everyone else was already using (who he talked to in private). If I remember correctly, this rumor started because KatharsisT provided proof of the new Silent Hill game to one of the resetera mods. I'm assuming he showed the same to Dusk Golem, along with everything else in the schedule that turned out legit. Whatever Dusk Golum has, he seems pretty sure. He doubled down on the Silent Hill game after it didn't show up.

Also, I love Dead Space to death, but I'm not sure I'd be too happy about that dude writing a new Silent Hill. Dead Space had a good enough story, but it didn't really blow me away narratively.

EDIT: Also, what was the deal with that amazon placeholder? There was a Konami title placeholder before the show that went up for full retail price but nothing replaced it. It was just removed.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Thanks, Arachnid. There is still hope, somehow. And I agree with Vawn, both games wouldn't be announced at the same time. Maybe we will see a new Silent Hill later, around Gamescom time perhaps (along with the UI, console price etc).

Top Bottom