• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill PS5 Reboot to be Revealed by Sony Next Month, Insider Claims

I realistically think that either this is all some big prank, or Toyama, Ito, ect are working on a Japan Studio game that isn't Silent Hill.

Perrott

Gold Member
Remember how many sources knew about that February PS5 reveal? And that PS5 was 12+ TF?
Those weren't actual sources or insiders. I'm talking about Tidux, PSErebus, FoxyGamesUK, OsirisBlack, Tommy Fisher and all those reddit, pastebin and 4chan idiots that were turned into news.

Going back to the Silent Hill rumor and the multiple sources supporting it, we've got:

Rely on Horror: The site that broke the news. They were telling the truth, based on what we heard later from other sources.
Emre Kaya (Vullein): Back in january he tweeted that Sony was working on a horror game for PS5. Two months later he retweeted Rely on Horror's article stating that this was the game he previously talked about. Among other DC and Batman stuff, he leaked that WB was planning to host their own conference at E3 2020 and the whole line-up they planned to show at the event several hours before Jason Schreier talked about it on Twitter.
DuskGolem: He was the first to talk about the Konami looking for Silent Hill developers thing back in 2019 and even if he didn't share any significant piece of information since then, he discussed details about Death Stranding's troubled development that were later verified by KatharsisT - which means that Dusk has actual sources when it comes to the Silent Hill rumor.
KatharsisT: He said in the Silent Hill rumor thread over at ResetEra that the whole thing was true and started to give additional details - like the reveal at the upcoming PS5 event or the 2021 release launch window. His information was verified by the mod team.

And on top of that, the whole story lines up with what Toyama has been doing since the release of Gravity Rush 2 and also Masahiro Ito's infamous "Pyramid Head is dead" tweet.

See? We have reasons to trust in the information provided by every single one of the individuals who discussed the rumor, unlike with those clowns that were talking about the PS5 february event.

Last edited:
I'm very doubtful of this as I don't want to be lead on an OsirisBlack style fake news leak only to be disappointed.

I believe this might have more genuine origins in the sense that it looks like The Medium Series X game, basically a Silent Hill spiritual successor with the original Japanese composer to boot, has been confused and mixed with rumours and some creative license into being 'Silent Hill PS5 with original team'.

Now, SH2 is the best horror game ever, so if it's true, I can only be pleasantly surprised ;)

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If they going to do a new game then keep it horror and not turn it into an action game that res evil turned into

Those weren't actual sources or insiders. I'm talking about Tidux, PSErebus, FoxyGamesUK, OsirisBlack, Tommy Fisher and all those reddit, pastebin and 4chan idiots that were turned into news.

Going back to the Silent Hill rumor and the multiple sources supporting it, we've got:

Rely on Horror: The site that broke the news. They were telling the truth, based on what we heard later from other sources.
Emre Kaya (Vullein): Back in january he tweeted that Sony was working on a horror game for PS5. Two months later he retweeted Rely on Horror's article stating that this was the game he previously talked about. Among other DC and Batman stuff, he leaked that WB was planning to host their own conference at E3 2020 and the whole line-up they planned to introduce at the event several hours before Jason Schreier talked about it on Twitter.
DuskGolem: He was the first to talk about the two Silent Hill games being in development thing back in 2019 and even if he didn't share any significant piece of information since then, he discussed details about Death Stranding's troubled development that were later verified by KatharsisT - which means that Dusk has actual sources when it comes to the Silent Hill rumor.
KatharsisT: He said in the Silent Hill rumor thread over at ResetEra that the whole thing was true and started to give additional details - like the reveal at the upcoming PS5 event or the 2021 release launch window. His information was verified by the mod team.

And on top of that, the whole story lines up with what Toyama has been doing since the release of Gravity Rush 2 and also Masahiro Ito's infamous "Pyramid Head is dead" tweet.

See? We have reasons to trust in the information provided by every single one of the individuals who discussed the rumor, unlike with those clowns that were talking about the PS5 february event.

Mate I'm not just dismissing you but here are my reactions to those:

Rely on Horror: I have the impression that DuskGolem is their source, or he is actually part of this site. Or am I wrong?
Emre Kaya (Vullein): I don't know who this is sorry.
DuskGolem: Whenever this rumour comes up there are a couple posts about him being badly wide of the mark on previous rumours, so much so that he has a 'reputation' for it, so this sets my alarm bells to ring.
KatharsisT: This person has come out of nowhere and signed up to Resetera a couple months ago and posted this info. Some of the fake leakers above were also 'verified' but didn't stop their info being very wrong.

Can you entertain the possibility that The Medium has been confused and/or gave life to a rumour and bits have been added to sex it up?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Emre Kaya (Vullein): Back in january he tweeted that Sony was working on a horror game for PS5. Two months later he retweeted Rely on Horror's article stating that this was the game he previously talked about. Among other DC and Batman stuff, he leaked that WB was planning to host their own conference at E3 2020 and the whole line-up they planned to introduce at the event several hours before Jason Schreier talked about it on Twitter.
DuskGolem: He was the first to talk about the two Silent Hill games being in development thing back in 2019 and even if he didn't share any significant piece of information since then, he discussed details about Death Stranding's troubled development that were later verified by KatharsisT - which means that Dusk has actual sources when it comes to the Silent Hill rumor.

You're forgetting Christophe Gans announced he is rebooting the Silent Hill Movie.
Why would they do when the IP has been dorment for so long, unless...
You can see how the Silent Hill ip can be very valuable to Sony as a whole

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Mate I'm not just dismissing you but here are my reactions to those:

Rely on Horror: I have the impression that DuskGolem is their source, or he is actually part of this site. Or am I wrong?
Emre Kaya (Vullein): I don't know who this is sorry.
DuskGolem: Whenever this rumour comes up there are a couple posts about him being badly wide of the mark on previous rumours, so much so that he has a 'reputation' for it, so this sets my alarm bells to ring.
KatharsisT: This person has come out of nowhere and signed up to Resetera a couple months ago and posted this info. Some of the fake leakers above were also 'verified' but didn't stop their info being very wrong.

Can you entertain the possibility that The Medium has been confused and/or gave life to a rumour and bits have been added to sex it up?
I really doubt that is the case, but let's see:

-An indie Poland-based studio is developing a horror game with Akiya Yamaoka, composer of the Silent Hill series, working on a couple of tracks for the soundtrack.
-Sony and Konami have teamed up to allow Keiichiro Toyama, creator of the Silent Hill series, and his team over at Sony's own Japan Studio to develop a PS5 exclusive Silent Hill soft-reboot with the involvement of some additional key members of the former Team Silent.

There's no way to confuse both projects... which means that it all has to be a made-up rumor, right? Well, no. The fact that Emre Kaya, an individual completely uninvolved to the rest of the parties, said that he has heard the same thing automatically shutdowns that possibility.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
As a person that never played any silent hills games, what would be the closest game that would be similar or resemble this series in gameplay

for example, Resident evil, evil within, something else

Last edited:
777-CD93-D-237-A-498-A-B649-BC3097-BF2848.jpg

This is a new logo. Do you guys think it could also be the logo for the new game, or is an exclusive logo for Dead By Daylight?

As a person that never played any silent hills games, what would be the closest game that would be similar or resemble this series in gameplay

Resident Evil. Haven't played the series myself so I don't know if it has shooting or if you just run around like in Outlast though. I've always seen the two franchises as similar from gameplay I've watched.

martino

are there games which are flat/room exploration simulator ?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

God man, this unstable hype is really getting to me, lmao. I say unstable because none of this is completely solid yet, but I'm still so hype. The DBD stuff alone felt a little too coincidental to just appear. I mean, it feels so random to me, lol. GOTTA be a reason for it. :pie_astonished:

KOMANI

KOMANI
"

level 1
AmuseiTheLizard

2 points·2 hours ago

I asked on R/translator and it says, Masahiro Ito!"

So maybe the translator is mistaken, or maybe Suehiro Marou is quoting Masahiro Ito? IDK.
Ok. So after reading the thread, the OP says that someone translated and it says “masahiro ito”, not that it’s from Masahiro Ito. Then someone google translated the text and got something else. Regardless of what it says, it’s not from Ito.

Last edited:

Caffeine

What is "We just started" supposed to mean?
So, not only has this game "leaked" but people are teasing as well?
They have begun bringing Silent hill back I would assume. the dlc for dead by daylight was just step 1.
it makes sense from a Konami stand point license out properties, they already tried their hand at a ill fated Metal gear survive, Castlevania apparently had something going and got scrapped, they keep soccer going and its profitable,Yugioh is profitable in its many digital forms. contra bombed. Theres really only 1 major property they have and its silent hill which in speculation has been the property that something would come to fruition from. Konami isnt stupid they see the success of recent resident evil titles, they saw the drive for PT and how it still lingers years later. Its true in house they dont have the talent for a AAA project but there are many teams out there that are salivating at the chance to work on a renowned IP.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I honestly do not mind leaks and all but these rumors are cancer. I hate this shit.

By now I, if I want it or not, expect Sony to announce SH at their PS5 event and I will be sorely disapointed if they don't - no matter how good the fucking rest of the show is.

Keep the leaks coming for all I care but this fake rumor spreading and teasing is a plague.

Last edited:
I bet the iconic pipe and flashlight will make a return. These rumors have put me on a Silent Hill kick. I ordered a bunch of toys from ebay.

yurinka

I honestly do not mind leaks and all but these rumors are cancer. I hate this shit.

By now I, if I want it or not, expect Sony to announce SH at their PS5 event and I will be sorely disapointed if they don't - no matter how good the fucking rest of the show is.

Keep the leaks coming for all I care but this fake rumor spreading and teasing is a plague.
I see these fake rumors as FUD from haters and fanboys from competition. I mean, imagine that as Konami said this Silent Hill 5 rumor is fake (btw in a similar fashion Kojima said today that Sony didn't buy PT or at least he is not aware of it).

Many fans will watch the event and even if it's great many fans will get dissapointed because there won't be a Silent Hil game there. These fake insiders will laugh, and since Neogaf, Resetera or the gaming sites won't ban them as source they will continue doing it in the future.

They have begun bringing Silent hill back I would assume. the dlc for dead by daylight was just step 1.
it makes sense from a Konami stand point license out properties, they already tried their hand at a ill fated Metal gear survive, Castlevania apparently had something going and got scrapped, they keep soccer going and its profitable,Yugioh is profitable in its many digital forms. contra bombed. Theres really only 1 major property they have and its silent hill which in speculation has been the property that something would come to fruition from. Konami isnt stupid they see the success of recent resident evil titles, they saw the drive for PT and how it still lingers years later. Its true in house they dont have the talent for a AAA project but there are many teams out there that are salivating at the chance to work on a renowned IP.
I'd say PES is still performing well, and not sure but I bet that Japanese baseball series is also still popular on Japan. They also released more or less recently a Bomberman, and several retrogaming compilations that being so cheap to develop must have been profitable.

Last edited:

Caffeine

Not to be defense squad for the leakers as I don't know their source, however Dusk Golem discerned many things about resident evil 2 remake and 3 remake before they were even shown and hit the nail on every piece, even in remake 2 where zombies had 4 layers to them when shot and limbs could be shot off, this was before any footage had been shown. He wouldn't put it out there in a long ass twitter thread about silent hill is happening if it wasn't something.

Just my 2 cents Idk about all these other sources they could just be piggy backing, The denial of involvement from Kojima makes sense he's simply not on it and Sony didn't buy PT. The denial from Konami PR member on twitter could be nothing but fluff as he isn't allowed to talk about it anyway until after showcase. Its your standard we don't comment on rumors and speculation every company throws out because they are not ready to talk about it yet.

Silent Hll dlc came from left field for dead by daylight continues to show Konami's interest in licensing out properties externally. Their last fiscal report wasn't too hot either tbh and that was basically before Corona going after their Pachinko profits.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
It's fake and has been proven so by Kojima. Mod of War Mod of War

About the rumor Sony buying MGS and P.T. from Konami, he says it's not true or at least he hasn't heard anything about it.

Seems pretty vague and only seems to mention P.T., but nothing about how this rumor is presented.

I thought what was proven fake was kojimas involvement with silent hill, not the fact that they still are making a reboot of it with a different director

Here's hoping. But we shall see.

Top Bottom