• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill PS5 Reboot to be Revealed by Sony Next Month, Insider Claims

ExpandKong

Banned
The remaster was due to lost code. It would have been so much better, but they did not have access to the source code and had to make due. The community patched it well on the PC last I heard.

Yeah, it was what it was and I get that they didn’t really have the budget it would’ve required to properly rebuild the game based on what they had, but dang some of that shit was r o u g h.

But yeah you’re right, if one is able to “acquire” a copy of the PC version of SH2, the community’s done a marvelous job at updating it themselves. Actually I think it was a thread here a few years back before I joined where someone compiled all the necessary patches and fixes with instructions. That’s the way I play the game nowadays (though I do still have my PS2 copy stashed somewhere).

They did the same for SH3 and 4 if I remember right, too.

mejin

Dusk Golem is at it again, if this is true it's gonna be awesome!

So to lay the detaila of this put straight:
-It is developed by Sony Japan Studios & will be PS5 exclusive.
-Toyama is directing,
-Akira Yaomoka is composing, Masahiro Ito is doing art, various Siren/Gravity Rush devs & some others working on it.
-This has nothing to do with Kojima or Silent Hills, that probably is not happening.
-Sony is NOT buying IPs, that's bullshit.
-The game is NOT a remake, it is a soft reboot, made so it can be someone's first SH game.
-The game is playable & has a demo that will be shown around after reveal.
-The details of this are not murky, there should be no miscommunication.

So, it would be a partnership like Spider.

Hope it is true.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, it was what it was and I get that they didn’t really have the budget it would’ve required to properly rebuild the game based on what they had, but dang some of that shit was r o u g h.

But yeah you’re right, if one is able to “acquire” a copy of the PC version of SH2, the community’s done a marvelous job at updating it themselves. Actually I think it was a thread here a few years back before I joined where someone compiled all the necessary patches and fixes with instructions. That’s the way I play the game nowadays (though I do still have my PS2 copy stashed somewhere).

They did the same for SH3 and 4 if I remember right, too.

The thread here too is how I learned of all the patches as well. My first run through with SH2 was on the original Xbox. I could not put the game down, and till this day it still has an everlasting impact on me. That game touched your psyche.

Mondo is releasing all these Silent Hill soundtracks with more coming, so this must be true.
Metal Gear Solid remakes are also coming according to the Mondo indicator predictive system.

All part of the plan Joker gif

There are a lot of skeptics with him but he's also been right about a bunch of things (which isn't really to his credit since he does come off as vague).

I need someone to chime in who's actually been following/keeping track of the dude, but I have noticed him getting a bunch of RE7, RE2, and RE3 details right. For that reason, I don't dismiss his claims, but I do take it all with a huge grain of salt. If this Silent Hill is being developed by Sony as a PS exclusive, that will go a long way towards him winning my support in the future.

I'm also watching his RE8 claims.
"Hallucinations, Occultism, insanity and not being able to trust others are huge thematics of the game."

Other than trust, those haven't really been themes in RE (we've had insane characters but that was usually just a character quirk; I'm also assuming the hallucinations and insanity are meant to apply to the protagonist). He also claims Chris is returning this game and that he's completely redesigned. We'll see.

You don't need to play any other in the series to get SH2. He's right there. No remake will ever properly translate that game. The themes, symbolism, story, and atmosphere were all expertly crafted. That's the game that made me fall in love with the genre, and it is IMO the best horror game ever made.

Awesome! I'll try to find it on PS2 and fire up the grandaddy. Thanks for the info.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BE TRUE!

h9sPCee.jpg

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'll believe it when I see it. It would be a must own game if it was true. We'd be going back to when Silent Hill 2 launched on PS2. I hope they strive to make a classic that's remembered for years on end.

I would be outright shocked if they did better than Silent Hill 2.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks of Dusk Golem at this point, the rumor is bigger than him now that there are three other sources claiming the same thing.
The bigger question if this turns out to be false, who do I sue?

My lawyer is ready.

edit: his also getting very impatient and I'm running out of coffee.

Last edited:

docbot

Banned
A lot of rumored remakes for the PS5 launch, seems a bit much to have half the lineup consisting of remakes. kojima silent hill would be ace

makaveli60

I feel like this would be a pretty major reveal for the June event. I mean, it will be major whenever, at any time, but if they really want to go for the grand slam in June, this could be one of the bases.
Indeed, it would be basically a system seller for me and my friend for example and I think for any horror game fan, since the SH franchise is like the alpha and omega of the genre.

Tiamat2san

Xbox fans left.
They dont dare to mess with kylie

2lsZSgA.jpg

SX7TlK0.jpg

No idea how this thread will ever go back on topic.
Still here...
I’ll play silent hill on whatever console it’s on.

And I’ll play with kylie too.
Not sure what she looks like now though...
Maybe she’ll fit into silent hill!

How badly i want this to be true. Realistically, if the game can be completed in 4-6 hours like the Resident Evil remakes, how long would development time take?

thanosg

Banned
How badly i want this to be true. Realistically, if the game can be completed in 4-6 hours like the Resident Evil remakes, how long would development time take?

Shouldn't be more than 2 years. that's good because it should be profitable enough to warrant the revival of the whole franchise

Breakage

I still don't believe this is true.
I mean why would Konami give SH to a company who helped Mr Kojima get back on his feet?
It just doesn't make sense.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I still don't believe this is true.
I mean why would Konami give SH to a company who helped Mr Kojima get back on his feet?
It just doesn't make sense.
Getting the original members involved is like a failover from what happen to Kojima’s project. It probably makes sense to Sony. Get Kojima making a unique IP (Death Stranding) and piece together the original team for a soft reboot. Why have too many cooks in the kitchen?
Well it's never going to top perfection is it? Doesn't mean it can't still be awesome.

True, which makes waiting for an official announcement harder because someone heard a rumor. :messenger_dizzy:

rofif

Banned
I hate this "to be revealed" leaks/rumors/teasers.
Everything is ruined nowadays, no surprises are possible and nobody just drops a big fat trailer anymore.
It's all about fake rumors and leaks to turn attention when they drop a confirmation of a rumor that a teaser for a reveal will drop next month and then we dont even get gameplay or release date lol

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I hate this "to be revealed" leaks/rumors/teasers.
Everything is ruined nowadays, no surprises are possible and nobody just drops a big fat trailer anymore.
It's all about fake rumors and leaks to turn attention when they drop a confirmation of a rumor that a teaser for a reveal will drop next month and then we dont even get gameplay or release date lol
What's the difference in being surprised by threads or rumors like this and being surprised with a trailer? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
If this shit is real, it will be one of the worst kept secrets in gaming.

I would also absolutely piss my pants.

OrionNebula

I can’t imagine a better scenario for one of my fav game series (at least 1-4)

Konami doesn’t nearly have the right ressources/talent anymore to even do a ‘’soft reboot’’ of the masterpiece that is Silent Hill true justice, so this outsourcing (of old Team Silent members, too!) is the very best situation I could hope for for this

We’re never getting another perfect opprtunity like this for Silent Hill, so don’t fuck it up (if, of course, those rumours turns out to be real)

So is the plot of this game going to be like Silent Hill 1 or Silent Hill 2? If its a soft reboot i am leaning towards Silent Hill 1.

Last edited:

Arachnid

So is the plot of this game going to be like Silent Hill 1 or Silent Hill 2? If its a soft reboot i am leaning towards Silent Hill 1.
Hopefully neither. Silent Hill as a series is too dependent on story and character arcs to give us a retread. They need to come up with some original content.

Top Bottom