• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake PC Requirements

PC System Requirements:

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device.
    • Additional Notes: Playing on minimum requirements should enable to play on Low/Medium quality settings in FullHD (1080p) in stable 30 FPS.
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K | AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 2080RTX or AMD Radeon™ 6800XT
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device.
    • Additional Notes: Playing on recommended requirements should enable to play on Medium quality settings in 60 FPS or High quality settings in 30 FPS, in FullHD (or 4k using DLSS or similar technology).

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
performance mode confirmed on current gen consoles? at least its not ridiculous as plague tales.

EDIT: Eh no
Nervous Key And Peele GIF

Last edited:

ShadowLag

Still, 1080p30 High on RTX2080/RX6800 XT.

Good luck PS5, lol.

They claim low/medium settings at 1080p/30 is doable with a 5700 non-XT, which is roughly on par with a PS5; so the PS5 is probably gonna struggle.

Then they go on to say that medium settings @ 60fps or high settings at 30 can be achieved with with a regular 2080 or 6800 XT, both much faster but still pretty old cards.

Seems normal, not a great showing for PS5 though, unless there's some special sauce going on there, or Bloober just can't optimise. I don't know their history.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Looks beautiful. Wont be a 60fps mode on PS5. Telling yall this from right now so you don't freak out and boycott the game. Real next gen games are starting to roll out.
performance mode confirmed on current gen consoles? at least its not ridiculous as plague tales.
Doubt. The Medium was 30fps on consoles. It had no performance mode. I doubt this will be any different.

Looks much better than that game though.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

What a pile, did they ever fix the massive frametime spikes in The Medium?

A GTX 1080 is minimum... for 1080p30?!?? I don't think its unreasonable to still expect 1440p60 with optimised settings, ie not many things at max, for this card in most games except outlier titles like Cyberbooby and Arsearsein's Creed. Plus 2160p30 with similar settings as well.

Maybe this is one of those games where its just very hard to run at remotely locked 60fps when you go above 1080p and so 4K but at 30 will be feasible for even old but decent cards. I dunno if Silent Hill is a game that needs to be at 60fps really, probably better to have higher IQ than motion resolution and responsiveness, its not exactly Doom Eternal gameplay.

lh032

Looks beautiful. Wont be a 60fps mode on PS5. Telling yall this from right now so you don't freak out and boycott the game. Real next gen games are starting to roll out.

Doubt. The Medium was 30fps on consoles. It had no performance mode. I doubt this will be any different.

High quality settings in 30 FPS, in FullHD (or 4k using DLSS or similar technology).

I guess console would run this in medium 30 fps with some upscaling 4k tech then.....
Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

lh032

What a pile, did they ever fix the massive frametime spikes in The Medium?

A GTX 1080 is minimum... for 1080p30?!?? I don't think its unreasonable to still expect 1440p60 with optimised settings, ie not many things at max, for this card in most games except outlier titles like Cyberbooby and Arsearsein's Creed. Plus 2160p30 with similar settings as well.

Maybe this is one of those games where its just very hard to run at remotely locked 60fps when you go above 1080p and so 4K but at 30 will be feasible for even old but decent cards. I dunno if Silent Hill is a game that needs to be at 60fps really, probably better to have higher IQ than motion resolution and responsiveness, its not exactly Doom Eternal gameplay.
i find it funny that when nvidia first release the dlss tech, we all though games are going to run at high FPS, who knows the dev just utilize this type of tech to squeeze out the last drop of visual quality for games to run at 30fps/60fps

Last edited:
They claim low/medium settings at 1080p/30 is doable with a 5700 non-XT, which is roughly on par with a PS5; so the PS5 is probably gonna struggle.

Then they go on to say that medium settings @ 60fps or high settings at 30 can be achieved with with a regular 2080 or 6800 XT, both much faster but still pretty old cards.

Seems normal, not a great showing for PS5 though, unless there's some special sauce going on there, or Bloober just can't optimise. I don't know their history.
The 5700 xt is on par with the ps5 that’s surprising

Will it at least have uncapped vrr like plague tales?

Kuranghi

i find it funny that when nvidia first release the dlss tech, we all though games are going to run at high FPS, who knows the dev just utilize this type of tech to squeeze out the last drop of visual quality for games to run at 30fps/60fps

*infomercial voice* "DLSS 5.2.3 allows for framerates of over 24 EFF PEE ESS in Cyberpunk 2078... at 720 PEE!!"

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Hit The Woah Freaking Out GIF
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
1080 as the minimum requirement.

Baby Babies GIF
Bow Down Season 21 GIF by The Voice

We finally made it SlimySnake SlimySnake
Insomniac can learn a lesson or two from fucking bloober. Can’t believe they wasted all that gpu power running ratchet at native 4k 50 fps on average.

Nfs, dead space, starfield and the new Spider-Man are also targeting native 4k which is absolutely moronic. Literally wasting 4x of the gpu on rendering more pixels. Its like targeting 120 fps on consoles. Ridiculous.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Unreal Engine 5
GTX 1080 min-spec....to hit 1080p30?

Sounds about right.

Oooofffff.
The trusty GTX 1060 finally being sent out to pasture.

Reactions: GHG
Insomniac can learn a lesson or two from fucking bloober. Can’t believe they wasted all that gpu power running ratchet at native 4k 50 fps on average.

Nfs, dead space, starfield and the new Spider-Man are also targeting native 4k which is absolutely moronic. Literally wasting 4x of the gpu on rendering more pixels. Its like targeting 120 fps on consoles. Ridiculous.
Especially cause we will eventually get pro models id prefer these systems used for visuals and then pros bump rhe framerate

SlimySnake

Wtf. The ps5 is NOT on par with a 5700 non xt. That’s a 7.9 tflops card. Ps5 has shown to be better than the 9.6 tflops 5700xt. It’s a 6600xt.

SlimySnake

5700 minimum for 1080p30?

Ahahahahahahaha
Why? This is a good thing. People have lost their mind. This isn’t gotham knights or plagues tale. It actually looks next Gen. Targeting 5700 or gtx 1080 which are around 8 tflops for minimum specs shows they are pushing visual fidelity.

ShadowLag

Wtf. The ps5 is NOT on par with a 5700 non xt. That’s a 7.9 tflops card. Ps5 has shown to be better than the 9.6 tflops 5700xt. It’s a 6600xt.

Still, not top of the line cards, and old. It looks like the game is aiming for "next gen only" instead of this weird crossgen stuff we've been languishing in.

GHG

Gold Member
Why? This is a good thing. People have lost their mind. This isn’t gotham knights or plagues tale. It actually looks next Gen. Targeting 5700 or gtx 1080 which are around 8 tflops for minimum specs shows they are pushing visual fidelity.

Don't drag plague tale into this, at least they are making an effort, and it's a good one at that.

CamHostage

Unreal Engine 5
GTX 1080 min-spec....to hit 1080p30?

So, has this been confirmed / stated by Konami as being a UE5 game? I haven't seen it specified and don't remember it in the video, but I see it taken as locked so I wasn't sure (Bloober is already on UE5 with Layers of Fear, so it's worth assuming... everybody should be on UE5 by now unless reasons otherwise, but it's not been a rapid adoption as expected.)

If so, I believe this is the first major publisher title with actual specs listed out for a UE5 release (besides Matrix Awakens, but even that was only City Sample on PC. And Fortnite.) Interesting details to note there.

(EDIT: Confirmed, it's on UE5.)

Last edited:

CamHostage

Indies devs jumping to next gen even before Sony studios that still stucks to crossgen still, would never excepted to see this 2 years ago tbh.

Huh? Because it's supposedly on next-gen Unreal Engine 5, or because it doesn't have a past-gen release?

If you're saying UE5 makes this next-gen... UE5 can do cross-gen. (A number of the upcoming UE5 games are already cross-gen, I think one upcoming game is even listed for Switch...and of course Fortnite is on Switch and Mobile.)

If you're saying that this is next-gen because it's not on past-gen platforms... Sony has released games that have not been on past-gen platforms. (Xbox also released 1 game that's not on past-gen, and they were the ones who first spoke up about "cross-gen will work out, we'll do it for 2 years and you'll be surprised by how great both past-gen and next-gen games will be, trust us...")

As an aside, I don't know if Bloober is really "indie"? They've done a number of projects for publishers now, they've got established franchises, the staff is over 100 people... If the idea of "indie" is just every game development company not owned by a major publisher and occasionally it self-publishes, then I guess that's "indie", but that type of business used to just be a "development company". Heck, I don't know if we even need the term "indie" anymore when an indie developer is making the next mainline Silent Hill game?

Yes fortunately not all, but more than 50% of Sony devs are still stuck to Crossgen.

Play some next-gen-only games and come back and tell us why cross-gen is the villain when several of the best-looking games out so far are cross-gen games.

I don't believe it's the cross-gen holding things back; it's more that developers are having adjustment periods and difficulty (and cost challenges) in really harnessing next-gen for all it can deliver. (And this isn't a new thing, BTW. We've had some breakthrough games right at gen-launch every gen, including this gen, but go back to PS4, PS3, PS2, see what those first years looked like and you'll see, there was often flagship titles playing with new stuff but then not a lot of followers ready to do the same techniques and instead using a lot of fallback approaches massively suped-up with the better hardware, and then an explosion of games really made for the platform. This gen has been a longer wait than usual and most gamers for whatever reason have discounted instant-load as "truly next-gen", but it's really not been that different other than that more flagship-type games than usual have been released cross-gen.)

Last edited:

SSfox

My gut tells me GoWR is the last of the noise of their core games.

GaaS may happen, AA indie deals may happen, but not the core franchises and new IPs in the same pedigree yet to be announced.
I wish and i though same... before that Hermen interview. We'll see but i'm def not betting on it.

Last edited:

Neo_game

This game is definitely some years away from release. PC specs is a give away that this is going to be a 30fps game on PS5.

CamHostage

Well, the game is releasing on PS5 and PC only, no last gen.
Why do you assume that?

That's the official platform slate, PC and PS5.

Might or might not change in the future, might not be worth reading into "oh, this is true next-gen" as things can change (not sure what makes a game qualify or disqualify itself as "true next-gen", but plenty of not-cross-gen games have come out or been shown that next-gen elitists still turn their nose at,) but that's what's known so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom