• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake PC Requirements

winjer

Gold Member
I'm guessing the game uses a lot of RTX effects. And they are using DLSS 2.x for the 2080. But not FSR 2.x for the 6800XT.

supernova8

Banned
"Bloober Team"
The Medium was 1080p / 30FPS on Series X.
Such a shame they gave it to them.

They called it the Medium because those are the only settings that work at 30fps on a 4090

smug GIF

amirite guyz

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The lolz, how do you know? For all you know it does have some 60fps mode with that fog merely reduced or something lol
Read the post and read your response.

I stated:
If the Fog is that good and volumetric there aint gonna be a 60fps mode.

You then imply:
The fog could be lower quality to accommodate a 60fps.

So we are effectively saying the same thing.

GymWolf

The game looks great but not that great to have such requisites.

If they waste all the resources on the interactive fog then yeah maybe...

linkroi

These pc requirements are... odd ? It's seems way too extreme to be real and if it is, a bunch of players will not have the luxury to play this game in a great quality, so...

Will see in the future, might change or not x)

Knot3D

As long as my baseline average is 35 fps with dips no lower than 30 @ 80% graphics settings at 1080p, I'll be happy.
ROG Stryx 15in, Ryzen 9 5900HX, 16Gb and & RTX 3060 will hopefully accommodate that.

GymWolf

I wouldn't actually consider that a waste considering how important it is.
Ok waste was the wrong term, but you get what i mean.

Interactive fog could be very cool, like monsters walking slowly towards you and pushing the fog around them and you see their shape becoming more clear the more they get close with the fog moving around them, ooof.

Not sure if these cpu are even capable of something heavy like this, shitty non interactive fog on pc eat a lot of resources already, i can't even imagine how heavy it is to have interactive good looking fog.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Ok waste was the wrong term, but you get what i mean.

Interactive fog could be very cool, like monsters walking slowly towards you and pushing the fog around them and you see their shape becoming more clear the more they get close with the fog moving around them, ooof.

Not sure if these cpu are even capable of something heavy like this, shitty non interactive fog on pc eat a lot of resources already, i can't even imagine how heavy it is to have interactive good looking fog.

That's fair. Especially considering the optimization pedigree of Blooper Team.

Seems pretty much the same as Dead Space Remake requirements, already also factoring in a future XSS launch which is equivalent to the minimum. I don't understand why either remake isn't cross gen but this is probably far enough in the future that sales for crossgen are not relevant anymore and people who want next/current gen actually will be able to buy it then.

Filben

I got the feeling that PC performance is only bearable with DLSS in mind and it's a must.

A Plague Tale Requiem runs with 50fps at 1440p with DLSS on, at quality setting and graphics settings on medium and high, with my RTX 2070 Super. Without DLSS it's more like 34-39.

Games like Cyberpunk with RT? Not even 30fps is possible without DLSS. Without RT it's also hard to reach 60fps without DLSS.

Now this? Get these guys paid by Nvidia to waste optimization and effiency for DLSS legitimacy and incentives to buy Nvidia cards or what?

Implement FSR2 at least you fucks.

J3nga

Game coming out first half 2023? Usually PC reqs. aren't published until launch is right around the corner, I doubt it's that close though.

Last edited:

Dampf

A 2080 or 6800XT? Something seems off there. 6800XT is the equivalent of a 3080 (unless they mean 3080 instead).
This is a next gen game based on UE5.

UE5 uses Raytracing as a standard. And Turing and Ampere are faster than RDNA2 in their respective performance classes. These specs make perfect sense.

GymWolf

This is a next gen game based on UE5.

UE5 uses Raytracing as a standard. And Turing and Ampere are faster than RDNA2 in their respective performance classes. These specs make perfect sense.
Isn't the whole point of lumen to be lighter than traditional rtx?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The lolz, how do you know? For all you know it does have some 60fps mode with that fog merely reduced or something lol
Or they use a method similar to Returnal with reconstruction. That has some very impressive volumetric fog at 60FPS as well. And the fog reacted to physics.

Last edited:

Calverz

Looked at these last night. As it’s bloober I’m not surprised. Medium ran like shit. Ps5 is gonna be 30fps for sure. Maybe a performance mode at 40fps average or something. Guess deck will run this at 10fps

Top Bottom