• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu - Reveal Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Did you say Old Boy ?

Sifu is a third person action game featuring intense hand-to-hand combat, it puts you in control of a young kung fu disciple who devotes himself body and soul to his quest for revenge. After his family was murdered by a mysterious group of assassins, our hero spent eight years training for his revenge.
To deal with the obstacles that stand in front of him, he will resort to kung fu techniques and a magic pendant that resuscitates him when he dies. However, this witchcraft is not free. Each time he comes back to life, our hero gets older.
How long will you survive before you have to start all over? Is one life enough to master kung fu?

The title is a transcription of two Chinese ideograms which are both pronounced identically (in Mandarin shīfu and in Cantonese si¹fu⁶), and which both mean" master, teacher ".

Use everything: throwable objects, makeshift weapons, windows , ledges...
Careful positioning and clever use of the environment to your advantage are key to your survival
PC & PS4/PS5
Developed by Sloclap (Absolver)

50980704102_36cafdc49f_o.jpg
50980704202_f701f0b8a3_o.jpg
50979890698_7648d40b35_o.jpg
50980704187_d1787733a4_o.jpg
50979890598_9ff805c2a5_o.jpg

Press release:

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Interesting concept. Reminds me a bit of Shenmue.

And the art looks interesting. Gonna keep my eye on it.

Reactions: TLZ

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I thought the trailer was going for a similar vibe to the Raid movies.

Whether or not this is actually interesting to play depends entirely on how complex the combat is.

Bartski

Gold Member
Really nice. Absolver sucked but must have been a valuable experience making this game next. Definitely looking forward

Fbh

Looks really fun. Never tried absolver because the whole multiplayer angle was an instant turn off. But this seems to be single player so I'm in.

Though what's with every other game in the presentation having some Roguelike twist ?

Aenima

Absolver had potencial but the integrated multiplayer killed the game for me. The martial arts parts in the game was already decent, hope they learned from that and improved to this title. Looks great.

And yeah, the first thing that came to mind in the beginning corridor fighting scene was Oldboy.

Reactions: GHG
Absolver had potencial but the integrated multiplayer killed the game for me. The martial arts parts in the game was already decent, hope they learned from that and improved to this title. Looks great.

And yeah, the first thing that came to mind in the beginning corridor fighting scene was Oldboy.
Yeah, and the night club part when the guy goes off the railing is slightly reminiscent of John Wick 1. Probably just a coincidence, but I'm sure they take inspiration from all kinds of movies.

Always wanted to play a game like this, it remember Old Boy.

uncharted and last of us do similar things with the the hand battle but none can do it well or as the trailers Show, even for big budget.

hope this time they can do it well, the fun is using all environment to fight ...

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

While I can do without the art style, the concept is really cool! Not to mention this looks like a potential reincarnation of the beat-em-up genre, which I have been wanting for forever. The concept of the character aging every time he dies and he gains more abilities and experience sounds really interesting.

There wasn't a lot that I was interested in during the Playstation stream, but this was definitely one of the things.

Kikorin

I like the art style and the focus on environment during combat, I just wonder if the camera will be that close in the final game too, seems not much comfortable for gameplay.

Top Bottom