• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu reaches 1 million copies in first three weeks

Draugoth

Gold Member
Sloclap announced that SIFU surpassed 1 million copies sold across PS4, PS5 and PC via Epic Games Store

• More than 10 million hours were played.
  • More than 45% of players completed the challenging second level of the game.
  • More than 150,000 players have mastered enough kung fu to defeat Yang, the main antagonist of the game.
A physical release is set for May 3rd. Check out the new trailer below:

isoRhythm

Banned
Totally deserved, I haven't played a game like this in a long time. But the fact that the majority of players didn't get past the 2nd stage kinda bothers me.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Totally deserved, I haven't played a game like this in a long time. But the fact that the majority of players didn't get past the 2nd stage kinda bothers me.
I am disturbed even more by how some players refuse to buy games that are not claiming to be 30-40 hours long, etc… etc… but then leave then like this 🤷‍♂️… games are slammed by gamers and critics for not being long enough and this creates unrealistic expectations.

A similar negative attitude / negative expectation settings by some gamers hurts indie the most, those that need the higher retail price more than AAAA publishers on known IP’s, who are bullied into targeting low prices making their investment even riskier.

Last edited:

Fbh

Well deserved, really enjoying my time with it and there really isn't anything that's quite like it (at least that I've played)

Just beat the final boss for the first time yesterday.
Won't argue that the game isn't hard, but I really don't get why so many people struggled with the second boss....he is by far the easiest in the game. Just dodge down every time, that's it.

The third boss though....now that one kicked my ass for quite a while.

MrA

Banned
Quite good, so now that sony has a samurai game and a kung fu game, how about a Maui thai kickboxing games, those south east Asian locations are under used in games

The_hunter

“We are thrilled by the reception of Sifu from both fans and press alike,” said Sloclap executive producer Pierre Tarno in a press release. “We set out to create an authentic, kung fu action game that paid homage to our favorite kung fu films. We’re thankful for our fans around the world but we are especially humbled by the incredible reception the game has had in China. Our internal metric of success was how well the game was received there and knowing that fans in China are the largest segment of our sales outside of North America and the positive reviews from Chinese critics means a lot to us.”

Nice to see the game is doing well over there too.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Congrats for an amazing game

I beat the game then beat it again to get the alternative ending by sparing the bosses

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Well deserved, really enjoying my time with it and there really isn't anything that's quite like it (at least that I've played)

Won't argue that the game isn't hard, but I really don't get why so many people struggled with the second boss....he is by far the easiest in the game. Just dodge down every time, that's it.

the third is easy as well actually, especially second round which is a joke.

I have trouble on the 4th for some reason and of course the final one.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Incredible game. 10/10

This is one studio I actually want to see song buy so they have much larger budgets. They have some huge potential to be great

Hezekiah

Banned
That's some really great sales for an indie game that's only been out a few weeks.

Looking forward to getting Sifu and Kena once I've completed Horizon and Ratchet and Clank.

isoRhythm

Banned
More what players refuse to buy games that are not claiming to be 30-40 hours long, etc… etc… but 🤷‍♂️. Hurts also when I does that need the higher retail price more than AAAA publishers on known IP’s are bullied into targeting low prices making their investment even riskier.
Haha yeah. The funny part is I'd rather replay a level in Sifu for the 10th time than do another fetch quest in some open-world RPG.

Not gonna lie but the 2nd boss really bugged me the first 5-6 times. But now I can do the entire club without any deaths, it's awesome. The game did a really bad job of explaining the dodge system which is likely why people had such a rough time.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Nice to see the game is doing well over there too.
They must be lying; I read that Sifu was a disgusting example cultural appropriation that Chinese players would detest.

/s
Probably my next game after Elden Ring... which is going to take me a while, I think.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Never heard about this game before. Probably because it's a EGS title. Looks promising though. Will be checking it out once it's out of that shit-hole.

Reactions: RNG

mansoor1980

Gold Member
200.gif

Top Bottom