• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu - First Hands-On Preview Gameplay - (Preview build )

faisalasif

Hi , Everyone .
I'm really excited to announce that I was able to experience Sifu First Hands-On Preview. The preview gameplay is on PC with RTX 3090 with (4K max settings).

My opinion:
The game is superb , I loved the effort they put into making of this game. This game is highly recommended. The game is not easy at all. It took me around 3 to 4 tries to at least clear the demo.

Controls:
conss.jpg

Sifu - First Hands-On Preview Gameplay

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Even Doom doesn't have that many creatures to kill. He doesn't stop even for a minute. I got tired while just watching it. What did they do to this man that made him so angry?

Definitely looks fun. Will pick it up barring any unforeseen elements.

I would like better punch audio though. They all sound like gloves hitting soft padding.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

There's a finishing move everytime the character defeats an opponent, this becomes boring with time, just like DOOM (and it's kinda silly that the other opponents just stand still while the player takes his time to finish him)

Ideally it should only have a finishing move for the last enemy, when the battle is about to end.

I think (hope) thats just them following the prompt on screen every time. Perhaps if you just hit them once or twice while they have the red health bar they will get knocked down without an animation.

Kuranghi

Definitely looks fun. Will pick it up barring any unforeseen elements.

I would like better punch audio though. They all sound like gloves hitting soft padding.

Thats intentional actually, in this universe humans are filled with soft foam pellets instead of blood and viscera.

Yeah its a bit weird I agree.

Spaceman292

Banned
This is going to slap. Absolver was an overlooked gem. It was basically a short king fu Dark Souls with the most satisfying barehanded combat ever.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We got to go hands-on with Sloclap's upcoming martial arts action game Sifu and are pleased to report that it's just as fun to play as it is to look at. Check out our thoughts based on 6 hours with an early build featuring The Club level.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Hi , Everyone .
I'm really excited to announce that I was able to experience Sifu First Hands-On Preview. The preview gameplay is on PC with RTX 3090 with (4K max settings).

My opinion:
The game is superb , I loved the effort they put into making of this game. This game is highly recommended. The game is not easy at all. It took me around 3 to 4 tries to at least clear the demo.

Controls:
conss.jpg

Sifu - First Hands-On Preview Gameplay

In Love Awww GIF

Concern

Why isn't there more hype about this? Just watched some of the previews and fuck does it look great.

Call me crazy but I kinda rather buy a Ps5 to play it on, rather than on my Ps4.

Why isn't there more hype about this? Just watched some of the previews and fuck does it look great.

Call me crazy but I kinda rather buy a Ps5 to play it on, rather than on my Ps4.

It only seems to be here that anticipation is tepid. People were raving about the previews all day on twitter

Concern

It only seems to be here that anticipation is tepid. People were raving about the previews all day on twitter

I don't use Twitter so I wouldn't know. But it looks like the devs have something special here after the flop that was Absolver.

Gives an old school beat em up vibe. And love that it seems pretty challenging too.

I'm not ecstatic about it being a roguelike. Everything else seems pretty much like my dream game.

I also played Absolver and wasn't into it. Hoping this is better.

I don't use Twitter so I wouldn't know. But it looks like the devs have something special here after the flop that was Absolver.

Gives an old school beat em up vibe. And love that it seems pretty challenging too.

The only part about Absolver i liked was the combat, so them strictly focusing on a single player beat em’ up was the right move. Absolver tried to do too much

Concern

I'm not ecstatic about it being a roguelike. Everything else seems pretty much like my dream game.

I also played Absolver and wasn't into it. Hoping this is better.

I'd be lying if I didn't like absolver at all. They had a good idea but poor execution. This will be my first roguelike too but I like the setting so I'll give it a shot anyway.

The only part about Absolver i liked was the combat, so them strictly focusing on a single player beat em’ up was the right move. Absolver tried to do too much

Yea the combat was cool. I just wish they had more resources for what they were trying to do. The net code was a mess every fight I got into lol.

I'd be lying if I didn't like absolver at all. They had a good idea but poor execution. This will be my first roguelike too but I like the setting so I'll give it a shot anyway.

Yea the combat was cool. I just wish they had more resources for what they were trying to do. The net code was a mess every fight I got into lol.
I hope it's great. I trained in Wing Chun for a few years and would love a game like this. I know it's some other style technically, Pak Mei or something, but close enough. A demo would seal the deal for me, because Absolver never felt quite right for my tastes - but it looks cool. I will always have that tiny shred of doubt until I get my own hands on the game.

Concern

I hope it's great. I trained in Wing Chun for a few years and would love a game like this. I know it's some other style technically, Pak Mei or something, but close enough. A demo would seal the deal for me, because Absolver never felt quite right for my tastes - but it looks cool. I will always have that tiny shred of doubt until I get my own hands on the game.

Nice. I trained in a few different disciplines myself (mma). Also uses to love watching old kung fu movies as a kid. A demo would be great, although Im pretty sure im going to enjoy this.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Following the more open-ended Absolver, developer Sloclap is making a comeback with Sifu. It once again emphasizes hand-to-hand combat but with a clear narrative and structure. It releases on February 8th, 2022 for PS4, PS5 and PC via the Epic Games Store but I recently had a chance to go hands-on with the game's second chapter to see just how masterfully it's shaping up.

So without further ado, here are 15 things you should know about Sifu.

John Wick

Nice. I trained in a few different disciplines myself (mma). Also uses to love watching old kung fu movies as a kid. A demo would be great, although Im pretty sure im going to enjoy this.
I'm gonna recreate the one take Tony Jaa did in his film when he's looking for the baby elephant in that multi level hotel restaurant scene. Fucking amazing

Reminds me of God Hand and Tobal...This is why it is good to have a vibrant and viable indies landscape: Genres that would have been dead otherwise can still get a shot at finding an audiance. Interested to know more about Sifu...

Last edited:
Top Bottom