• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Side gigs (Cyberpunk 2077) or witcher contracts ( Witcher 3). Which is better.

Nope, (and I was incorrect also) - if we're being nitpicky, there are 3 pure outcomes from 7 scenarios.

Those are:

2x Peaceful Outcomes
4x Violent Outcomes involving Maelstrom
1x Violent Outcome involving Millitech

In addition to Millitech, you can force the issue so Millitech forces don't show up, but Gilchrist still wins over Stout.

Those aren't what i'd call outcomes. Those are just different avenues to reach the two outcomes, which is just whether Stout leads militech and Gilchrist dies, or vice versa

zkorejo

Monster contracts .. not even close. Those made me feel like a monster hunter, studying the monster, finding the weakness, finding the monster, defeating it and taking loot and rewards. Side gigs feel very extra, , but good for making money.

This thread reminded me of how good witcher 3 actually was. I really want to replay it, and I think I will when the next gen upgrade hits. Cyberpunk is good, but nowhere near Witcher 3s level imo.

Last edited:
From a gameplay standpoint, I'm really enjoying the side gigs. As a stealth-hacker build, they're little slices of Deus Ex that I find really satisfying.

From a story/lore perspective, they lack the richness of Witcher 3's side quests and just don't feel as consequential. In a lot of ways, I think that extends to Cyberpunk as a whole.

I feel like people are mixing up side gigs with side missions here, the side missions in cyberpunk are mostly pretty good from what I’ve seen, just as they were in the Witcher, the side gigs on the other hand are hit or miss, just like they were with the Witcher, although they weren’t called gigs, did you have fun clearing out all of those monster nests? Those got so insanely repetitive. I can’t say for sure yet since I’m obviously not finished with cyberpunk, but there have been some fantastic side missions so far.

YoodlePro

I'll leave the Jackie one for you to find, but the other one...

If you met with Stout (which is technically a Side Job), and then refused the corrupted credit card, this opens up one of the pathways that allows Gilchrist to prevail over Stout (he is promoted), she is assasinated by Millitech, and her corpse can be seen weighed down by concrete boots during the swim in Pyramid Song.

However...

In the same job, if you accepted and used the corrupted credit card, it opens up a pathway to obtain a legendary named weapon from Stout, and allegedly even to attempt to romance her! (And Gilchrist is assassinated)

I'll also add for that Main Job...

If you find and release the prisoner and get him to safety, he'll turn up in a later Side Job and offer you an opportunity to complete the mission without bloodshed and even offer you an extra bonus

However

You can avoid the confrontation with Royce all together, if you initiate Millitech to raid the pickup - Royce then fights on your side and will disable the Millitech units for you without you firing a shot

The whole game is littered with small choices like this that add up over the course of the play through.
Woah, but wait.

I refused to take her credit card, but in the end I also banged her, 🤷‍♂️

YoodlePro

Also I will say this. I'm not so far ahead in the game and only did a handful of gigs.

But the Witcher contracts were amazing, as good as some of the main missions. I can't see a way one of these side-gigs top that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Monster contracts .. not even close. Those made me feel like a monster hunter, studying the monster, finding the weakness, finding the monster, defeating it and taking loot and rewards. Side gigs feel very extra, , but good for making money.
I never studied monster weaknesses at all and I was playing on Blood and Broken Bones!

I suppose you could say the same thing about Cyberpunk to everyone who says they just run in and blast everyone. The experience is what you make of it.

Mozzarella

Witcher 3 contracts were better than gigs from Cyberpunk. Both are fun but Witcher 3 added an extra layer of narrative and production value, i dont really like to read the shards all the time, it becomes bland. The contracts often present interesting premise and logical events for you to investigate and find the monster, also i will add that contracts have more variety of boss fights, sometimes a twist happen, like Leshen contract and the fate of the village. It discuss the theme of the old generation vs young generation, i like that kind of presentation it a theme that can be used in the real world as well. The game (Witcher 3) just has more depth into it.

Some of the best side stuff in Cyberpunk is up there with the Witcher 3 but there are too many go here, shoot some people, get a line of dialogue thanking you side gigs.

I mean they are no worse than 95% of side stuff in other games but the Witcher was just so densely filled with top quality content that nothing really compares.

Witcher 4 with Witcher 3’s writing and some further jank reduction and actually decent combat would probably keep me entertained for an entire generation.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Some of the best side stuff in Cyberpunk is up there with the Witcher 3 but there are too many go here, shoot some people, get a line of dialogue thanking you side gigs.

I mean they are no worse than 95% of side stuff in other games but the Witcher was just so densely filled with top quality content that nothing really compares.

Witcher 4 with Witcher 3’s writing and some further jank reduction and actually decent combat would probably keep me entertained for an entire generation.
I feel Witcher 4 will have tough billing to live up to. I just hope it's almost as good or as good. I don't expect it to be better.

If I was to say to you there's this game with an awesome main story and amazingly well written side content, and the gameplay is good enough to get the job done but not equal to the excellent characters and writing, plus the world it's set in is really large beautiful and immersive but actually kind of shallow in terms of how you can interact with it, and the whole map is filled with little map icons for boring repetitive quests with no story and minimal rewards, well....

....You'd have no idea which game I'm referring to because that description fits both games! CDPR gonna CDPR.

Top Bottom