• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu Researching Advanced AI for PS5

DonJorginho

Banned
The Shuminator
gallery_5_6_34594.jpg

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I wonder if some kind of machine learning like this could be used to create animations for 3D character models instead of using motion capture or doing it by hand (maybe this has been done already, I’m not sure of the state of the art).

Also morbidly curious about the kind of nightmare fuel this could produce.

Varteras

Gold Member
Shu is more likeable than Phil Spencer. He should be the face of PlayStation.
He kinda was there for awhile. But Shu is more interested in pushing the industry forward and having more creative games than championing the entirety of PlayStation which is predominantly big budget, narrative driven projects. That's why he was one of the biggest supporters within Sony for VR and why he is now focused on Sony's relationship with smaller developers.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
He kinda was there for awhile. But Shu is more interested in pushing the industry forward and having more creative games than championing the entirety of PlayStation which is predominantly big budget, narrative driven projects. That's why he was one of the biggest supporters within Sony for VR and why he is now focused on Sony's relationship with smaller developers.
I still believe that Sony needs to create a new division for Indie studios under Shu. Not just like the current setup, but like allow him to buy and create smaller studios. The guy genuinely loves the industry and creative games and will play a key role in nurturing and developing indie studios.

Once those studios "graduate" they can join the big leagues of Naughty Dog, SSM, Guerrilla Games, Insomniac, etc.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

It's funny how much people just HATE Ryan on GAF. LOL!

Im half joking lol.
But it does feel like theres been less killer announcements and purchases since he’s been in charge.

Plus with Andrew House, Layden and Shu they had a good formula. Some of the best E3 presentations too

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Researching AI is great.

But we have human teammates/opponents right now.

Research game design that encourages interesting interactions between humans.

Hatsuma

I still believe that Sony needs to create a new division for Indie studios under Shu. Not just like the current setup, but like allow him to buy and create smaller studios. The guy genuinely loves the industry and creative games and will play a key role in nurturing and developing indie studios.

Once those studios "graduate" they can join the big leagues of Naughty Dog, SSM, Guerrilla Games, Insomniac, etc.
That's a pretty awesome idea for developer recruiting and growing studios. That could assist with their growth of Japanese studios as well. And it could channel immense creativity in more of in house talent infused with Sony 's money.

Top Bottom