• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shredders is the most slept on game of 2022

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
med_shredders_screenshot_4k_2_05b08b11-bc1e-4053-a846-849626948ed9.jpg

snowboarding-snow.gif

Seriously. If you ever liked snowboarding games you should check this out. It’s so well done. I still play it daily. The animations are so clean. The sense of speed is great. The graphics are fantastic on PC. The map is huge with a ton of parks and fresh powder areas. You can fast travel anywhere in a second. There’s a rewind button like Forza. It’s an extremely chill experience. Multiplayer is instanced and you will just see other people on the mountain.

The OST is very chill and really sets the tone. The campaign and missions have really bad voice acting because it’s real snowboarders, but they’re really just a tutorial and unlock the new areas. It kinda reminds me of a snowboarding version of Skate. $30 on all platforms, crossplay, and also on gamepass. Yes I an shilling this game because it’s really good and I feel like I’m the only person who ever played it.

I bought this game on PS5. It's fantastic. Gives me feels as close to SSX3 as I'm going to get now. It's the perfect balance of arcade gameplay and an actual snow board physics simulation.

Calverz

Is it actually been improved? I tried it day one on gamepass and thought it was pretty ass tbh.
I'd rather play 1080 avalanche on my steam deck

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I never fully mastered the handling, but have really enjoyed it. It could be tightened up a little bit. Also got both Jennifur albums downloaded and listen to them a lot. I like the game's goofy vibe in the cutscenes as well.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Is it actually been improved? I tried it day one on gamepass and thought it was pretty ass tbh.
I'd rather play 1080 avalanche on my steam deck

Yea, it has had a bunch of updates.

I never fully mastered the handling, but have really enjoyed it. It could be tightened up a little bit. Also got both Jennifur albums downloaded and listen to them a lot. I like the game's goofy vibe in the cutscenes as well.

This game also put me on to Jennifur. Both albums are good.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How is it compared to Steep? I loved that very underrated game, and haven't found a good successor to it.

Edit: Seems like this one is mainly focused on doing tricks in snow parks? That's not really what I'm into, what I loved most about Steep was carving down open mountainsides, and racing.

Last edited:

Certinty

I’ll give it another go. Originally dropped it after an hour because of all the cringe dialogue but if the actual gameplay is great now I can overlook that.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Played it for a while on gamepass. Didn't grab me, uninstalled rather quickly.

I enjoyed games like this before, I played a lot of SSX and Steep but this one just felt like early access.

Top Bottom