• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Xbox take a break from Halo, Gears, and Forza(Motorsport) this new generation?

Should Microsoft give them a break?

• Give Halo, Gears, and Forza Motorsport a break this new generation.

Votes: 130 39.5%
  • Keep releasing Halo, Gears, and Forza Motorsport at the usual frequency.

Votes: 199 60.5%

• Total voters

Unk Adams

Banned
To be fair, Uncharted is clearly losing steam and personally I’d like to see a new IP from Naughty Dog.

The God of War franchise was almost dead and would probably definitely be dead had it not been for a very thorough reimagination and reinvention of its most fundamental gameplay mechanics.
Judging by sales, reviews, etc. those series were never close to dying. God of War III was released during two different console generations and went Greatest Hits both times even.

Unk Adams

Banned
People do say those things about those franchises though.
Those people don't seem to understand the difference between what most people want and what they're personally tired of. If a game series stopped having interest and stopped making money then they wouldn't keep releasing them over and over again.

Unk Adams

Banned
How about God of War Ascension?
It was a side story meant to hold people over until the next major release just like every major series does. It has an 80% average which is a normal range for side release games. Even the GTA series had many side releases such as the Chinatown Wars and Stories releases that were meant for the diehard fans.

Shining force wasn't much of a seller outside some modest sales in Japan for some entries, Sonic was on a downward spiral each game release on the Genesis and their first game to tease before Sonic Xtreme came out (later cancelled) was a blip.

Pleasing a fanbase works when it's stable not when it's constantly shrinking. In that case you need fanbase+everyone else, and if everyone else isn't buying you aren't making much money.

Sega had put out many great games on their consoles but several of them were niche or peaked early, you aren't looking at this from a business lens and I get it, it sucks, but least be honest with what happened.

Look at the handful of games on the Dreamcast they did continue putting out appealing to the fan base, which had higher software sales than the Saturn, yet most of them did worse than before.
Shining Force games sold well enough to make a profit, most so at the cost, SEGA were having Camelot making them for SEGA, but it seems a silly little spat with the developer on extra resources for SF III part 3 put an end to that and Camelot with SEGA. The lack of a Joe Montana and a proper Sonic game for the Saturn made no sense at all, neither did no World Wide Soccer game for the DC. I also don't get why SEGA hasn't made a sequel to Virtual Fighter 5.

I thought with the 360 MS had a nice balance of sequels to most of its IP and also looking to bring in new ones. They got that wrong last gen, along with Nintendo, but I don't expect any less from Nintendo

Shining Force games sold well enough to make a profit,
This is an assumption that barely holds weight given how bad Sega's finances were draining. Maybe camelot made money.

As for Sonic there introduction before Xtreme cancelled barely sold, I'm not sure if Xtreme would have banked enough profits to change things honestly. Even if it sold similar to SA.

I also don't get why SEGA hasn't made a sequel to Virtual Fighter 5.
Because all versions of VF5 did poorly. The new release is supposed to test too see if there's demand for a new game but I have a problem with that for two reasons:

1. PS console exclusive
2. Given away for free on PS+

Not to forget we are talking about an update for a game from around 2005. They should make a new game if they want to see if a new game will do well imo.

This is an assumption that barely holds weight given how bad Sega's finances were draining. Maybe camelot made money.

As for Sonic there introduction before Xtreme cancelled barely sold, I'm not sure if Xtreme would have banked enough profits to change things honestly. Even if it sold similar to SA.

Because all versions of VF5 did poorly. The new release is supposed to test too see if there's demand for a new game but I have a problem with that for two reasons:

1. PS console exclusive
2. Given away for free on PS+

Not to forget we are talking about an update for a game from around 2005. They should make a new game if they want to see if a new game will do well imo.

In GamerTM they did an interview with Camelot and they said the price SEGA was giving them to make the Shining games was hurting them more than SEGA. If Sonic CD could sell more than a million copies on highly expensive an add-on, that sold less than 3 million units. I pretty sure a Sonic Team Saturn Sonic game could have at least matched those sales.

VF5 I don't get, I thought it did well in the Arcades and I look at how well even Temco has been able to keep pushing the DOA series, but this is SEGA mind

I swear to God I bought the series x only for Forza motorsport everything else would be cherry on the top ,
The sad part of the story is they didn't released any nor motorsport nor horizon
People just like to hate on Microsoft games for no reason
Gears 5 is probably the prettiest game of last gen
Halo is halo more halo is always good

Kagey K

Banned
No one said anything about stopping games and it's clear that you know this based on your previous posts, now your just trolling because you can't come up with a counter argument. Stand down soldier.
No your argument is faulty and now you have gone on the defensive after seeing how dumb it is.

You should have probably thought it out better before you posted it.

Why would people want good games to stop being made because you think they released too many at the start of this gen?

I'd be fucking embarrassed if I made this thread and then realized how dumb I was when doing it.

I certainly wouldn't be digging my heels in and posting more when the community doesn't agree with me.

Last edited:
In GamerTM they did an interview with Camelot and they said the price SEGA was giving them to make the Shining games was hurting them more than SEGA. If Sonic CD could sell more than a million copies on highly expensive an add-on, that sold less than 3 million units. I pretty sure a Sonic Team Saturn Sonic game could have at least matched those sales.

VF5 I don't get, I thought it did well in the Arcades and I look at how well even Temco has been able to keep pushing the DOA series, but this is SEGA mind
Sonic CD sold because Sonic was at its peak, but the fact CD only sold 1 millon on CD at series peak shows that the brand wasn't strong enough to move new hardware past Sonic 1.

At best SA numbers for Sonic Xtreme, post Sonic 3 Sonic wasn't a high flier anymore and all the issues that turned people off the Saturn would still be there, an uncanceled Xtreme would be a temporary breather before business as usual.

As for VF5, arcades in Japan, sure, but VF5 was a bigger production for Sega back then and it never did well over time. DOA sold like 2 millon on the 360 in comparison and that was exclusive while VF5 was on multiple consoles. The next DOA also did over 1 million. Makes sense why DOA is still chugging.

The last time VF sold 1 million copies was VF2, unless you combine both versions of 4 together.

But this still doesn't explain VF5 Ultimate being used to see if there's interest, while at the same time Sega is giving the game away for free. Doesn't add up.

No your argument is faulty and now you have gone on the defensive after seeing how dumb it is.
No rebuttle moving to attacks poorguy.

More votes agreeing than you liked huh?

It's ok, you couldn't read properly and can't tell the difference between taking a break and "stopping" games.

Now you know. Please pay attention next time.

Sonic CD sold because Sonic was at its peak, but the fact CD only sold 1 millon on CD at series peak shows that the brand wasn't strong enough to move new hardware past Sonic 1.

At best SA numbers for Sonic Xtreme, post Sonic 3 Sonic wasn't a high flier anymore and all the issues that turned people off the Saturn would still be there, an uncanceled Xtreme would be a temporary breather before business as usual.

As for VF5, arcades in Japan, sure, but VF5 was a bigger production for Sega back then and it never did well over time. DOA sold like 2 millon on the 360 in comparison and that was exclusive while VF5 was on multiple consoles. The next DOA also did over 1 million. Makes sense why DOA is still chugging.

The last time VF sold 1 million copies was VF2, unless you combine both versions of 4 together.

But this still doesn't explain VF5 Ultimate being used to see if there's interest, while at the same time Sega is giving the game away for free. Doesn't add up.
The Saturn came out a later after Sonic CD. Even on an add-on, that cost almost as much as Saturn on its own, Sonic CD was able to move a million units. SEGA needed Sonic on the Saturn but gave it to Sega America to screw it up.
Sometimes a game series near the end of console life doesn't shift in the numbers like ones early did (more so if you have numerous sequels) before they make the jump to newer systems and they enjoy a boost in sales again. I believe this happened with the likes of Yakuza, Biohazard, Street Fighter Ect back in those days.

DOA 3 was a launch title and that can help, how well have Dead Of Alive 5 & 6 actually sold? It's amazing to see other developers push forward in the fighter area while SEGA leaves what was once the pinnacle of 3D fighter dormant.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Should Sony take a break from Ratchet, Spider-Man, Horizon, God of War, Last of us or Uncharted?

Hell no I say. Keep making games that people want. Halo is a franchise that should never go anywhere. I can't get enough of that story universe and the Master Chief, and all the extended fiction and mystery surrounding the forerunners.

I'm willing to play Halo games into my damn 60s, 70s and 80s. Gears I don't have that strong a connection to really. Forza are amazing games. Why stop making them?
They did?

Spiderman exists because Insomniac took a break from Ratchet and Resistance

Uncharted exists because Naughty Dog stopped Jak, TLOU exists because they took a break from Uncharted. And for all accounts Uncharted has ended now

God of War went on hiatus a d they worked on a new IP that never made it off the ground, but the break allowed them time to come back with a fresh take on a reboot

Horizon exists because Guerrilla left Killzone behind

This extends to many of Sonys other teams too and now these teams nearly all sit on multiple successful IPs they can visit

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I have to be honest I feel like you don't really understand the problem with Halo right now, and what is happening behind the scenes that is spurring these decisions.

First I need to reference the God of War comparison, these are two very different games in very different places. Halo already had its "God of war 2018" moment when it released Halo 4, it was a gritty more personal ambitious Halo game, focusing more on characters, Master Chief and Cortana's relationship and bringing a stunning graphical showcase and a new art style, whilst also linearizing the campaign and gameplay. Although it sold amazing and received positive reviews, it was looked down upon by Halo fans and had a very poor post launch attach rate. Halo has a very strong identity and style that God of War doesn't have, the gameplay of god of war was nothing to write home about, it was inferior to most action games available at the time. The same cannot be said about Halo, no one wanted a lot of the functions that 343 brought with these games, no one wanted this new art style, no one wanted 343 to re-envision what Halo was.

The problem Halo has is more akin to what Star Wars was going through after the prequels, because people felt so strongly about that original core identity. People never felt that way about God of War, so it was in a position where it could get an ambitious out there reboot. This never resonated with Halo fans with the release of 4 (which did bring these things god of war did).

There's a reason Halo is going through its second "soft reboot" with infinite, because the core fans felt so negative towards these new changes that 343's games fundamentally missed what the games identity was all about. Sticking to the core principles and appealing to the fans that LOVED the game in the first place (and future fans who will also appreciate the game for the same reason the original fans did) is the key here. Look at what's happening with the Star Wars IP with the new TV shows, a strong focus on sticking to the fundamnetals, bringing the true feeling of "star wars", staying true to the style and the philosophy. This is how you win the OLD fans and the NEW fans, take a look at Mandalorian.

I can't comprehend the idea that Halo can't be "rebooted" because Halo 4/Halo Infinite are already reboots. That doesn't make any sense to me. Start from scratch. Get it right. Every game should be a "reboot".

The issue with Halo is that it's an archaic franchise that can't compete against the modern monsters of today. Last year's E3 presentation was a perfect example. Linear, "We'll throw 3 enemies in front of you every 30 seconds" gameplay is tired. It's played out. Kids that grew up playing Minecraft, Fortnite, Roblox etc are like "Is this it?" when seeing that overly simplistic formula.

NeoGAF doesn't want to admit it but creating "wide linear" games in 2021 is a huge drawback with today's audiences. And there aren't enough of us old people to support a AAA franchise just because it reminds us of 2001's Halo.

Halo needs another reboot. Open world. Next gen only. Unless there's a special multiplayer attached, this Halo will come and go relatively quickly.

The Saturn came out a later after Sonic CD. Even on an add-on, that cost almost as much as Saturn on its own, Sonic CD was able to move a million units. SEGA needed Sonic on the Saturn but gave it to Sega America to screw it up.
Sometimes a game series near the end of console life doesn't shift in the numbers like ones early did (more so if you have numerous sequels) before they make the jump to newer systems and they enjoy a boost in sales again. I believe this happened with the likes of Yakuza, Biohazard, Street Fighter Ect back in those days.

DOA 3 was a launch title and that can help, how well have Dead Of Alive 5 & 6 actually sold? It's amazing to see other developers push forward in the fighter area while SEGA leaves what was once the pinnacle of 3D fighter dormant.
This doesn't work. Sonic CD didn't sell a million in a short time either, and after Sonic 3 brand couldn't even sell 3 million copies worldwide and did less than half that in the US, the brands strongest market at the time. This was 1993.

By the time 3D blast came out to bridge the gap to Xtreme before cancellation, Sonic barely had much pull. A 3D game would spark life back in but there's no way it would do much more than SA unless they fixed other issues with the Saturn.

Early appealing games was a major issue outside japan, and Xtreme would have been the only appealing title in US. Brand didnt have enough power to carry the system like a Crash Bandicoot, or even if given away like M64. The latter SA tried to do.

You can't really use the end of console life excuse, 1993 was sonic 3 that was the biggest year for the Genesis iirc. Still two years before new console outside japan for Sega.

I believe you would need more changes to the Saturn marketing and early software to facilitate high games sales.

As for VF it was never the pinacle of 3D fighters worldwide, but it dropped off after 2 everywhere even in japan. DOA 4 was also an exclusive like 3, and sold over 1 million, 5 sold 1 million and 1.5 million with the other versions.

I think your underestimating DOA compared to VF. VF3tb was a wash, VF 4 needed two versions to sell 1 million on a console with a massive install base, snd VF5 just didn't go anywhere. It makes sense why there hasn't been a game, and VF5 wasn't cheap.

What doesn't make sense is how they are testing interest.

I'd like a new VF but Sega seems intent on preventing us from getting one.

This doesn't work. Sonic CD didn't sell a million in a short time either, and after Sonic 3 brand couldn't even sell 3 million copies worldwide and did less than half that in the US, the brands strongest market at the time. This was 1993.

By the time 3D blast came out to bridge the gap to Xtreme before cancellation, Sonic barely had much pull. A 3D game would spark life back in but there's no way it would do much more than SA unless they fixed other issues with the Saturn.

Early appealing games was a major issue outside japan, and Xtreme would have been the only appealing title in US. Brand didnt have enough power to carry the system like a Crash Bandicoot, or even if given away like M64. The latter SA tried to do.

You can't really use the end of console life excuse, 1993 was sonic 3 that was the biggest year for the Genesis iirc. Still two years before new console outside japan for Sega.

I believe you would need more changes to the Saturn marketing and early software to facilitate high games sales.

As for VF it was never the pinacle of 3D fighters worldwide, but it dropped off after 2 everywhere even in japan. DOA 4 was also an exclusive like 3, and sold over 1 million, 5 sold 1 million and 1.5 million with the other versions.

I think your underestimating DOA compared to VF. VF3tb was a wash, VF 4 needed two versions to sell 1 million on a console with a massive install base, snd VF5 just didn't go anywhere. It makes sense why there hasn't been a game, and VF5 wasn't cheap.

What doesn't make sense is how they are testing interest.

I'd like a new VF but Sega seems intent on preventing us from getting one.
Sonic 3 sold millions despite being a cutback game and also a yearly sequel, Sonic CD sold over a million copies on what was said to be a flop of a system, I would put to you that a 3D Sonic game released at the same time and instead do NiGHTS would have sold better. You also act like Sonic doesn't sell on any generation of systems after the MD, when he clearly does
If Temo can make DOA 5 and 6 I wonder why SEGA can't make a VF 6 myself

I can't comprehend the idea that Halo can't be "rebooted" because Halo 4/Halo Infinite are already reboots. That doesn't make any sense to me. Start from scratch. Get it right. Every game should be a "reboot".

The issue with Halo is that it's an archaic franchise that can't compete against the modern monsters of today. Last year's E3 presentation was a perfect example. Linear, "We'll throw 3 enemies in front of you every 30 seconds" gameplay is tired. It's played out. Kids that grew up playing Minecraft, Fortnite, Roblox etc are like "Is this it?" when seeing that overly simplistic formula.

NeoGAF doesn't want to admit it but creating "wide linear" games in 2021 is a huge drawback with today's audiences. And there aren't enough of us old people to support a AAA franchise just because it reminds us of 2001's Halo.

Halo needs another reboot. Open world. Next gen only. Unless there's a special multiplayer attached, this Halo will come and go relatively quickly.
I never said it can't be rebooted... Halo infinite is already a "soft reboot"

"Linear, "We'll throw 3 enemies in front of you every 30 seconds" gameplay is tired." there was nothing linear about what was shown, and the gameplay looked fantastic. You just arent a Halo fan so you won't understand what is so great about it.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I never said it can't be rebooted... Halo infinite is already a "soft reboot"

"Linear, "We'll throw 3 enemies in front of you every 30 seconds" gameplay is tired." there was nothing linear about what was shown, and the gameplay looked fantastic. You just arent a Halo fan so you won't understand what is so great about it.

343 Industries has two routes to take when it comes to future Halo.

1. Appeal to "Halo fans", of which there are fewer today than there ever has been.

2. Appeal to people who play videogames, of which there are more today than there ever has been.

Halo Combat Evolved is a top 10 game all time for me personally. I'm just not a fan at how tired and formulaic the gameplay has become.

343 Industries has two routes to take when it comes to future Halo.

1. Appeal to "Halo fans", of which there are fewer today than there ever has been.

2. Appeal to people who play videogames, of which there are more today than there ever has been.

Halo Combat Evolved is a top 10 game all time for me personally. I'm just not a fan at how tired and formulaic the gameplay has become.
Have you played Halo 4 and 5? They both radically changed things up from the original halo series with a completely different tone, style, and an all new gameplay direction. Halo 5 in fact was one of the most forward thinking creative shooters of the generation but a poor Halo game.

I dont understand your argument, you talk about chasing the kids who play fortnite and minecraft but what does that really mean?

I dont see things that way, why wouldn't new players enjoy the game for what it is instead of what it isnt? Are you saying any Halo game that doesn't radically throw everything out of the window is incapable of winning over new fans?

This game can win over new fans by doing what it is does best... not what other games do best.

In fact i think Halo is in a prime position to win over these kids you talk about with its custom games functionality and forge mode, if 343 focus on building a great custom games browser and an in-depth forge mode they will easily be able to win a new crowd and generation of fans who enjoy these game modes

Last edited:
Sonic 3 sold millions
It sold a bit beyond 2 with a mass marketing campaign. at the peak of the Genesis, less than half of Sonic 2 which was less than have of Sonic 1. You can't really ignored this, Sonic 3 was covered all over the place and SEGA was on top. Hindsight doesn't address what happened at the time, it opened lower, and just didn't have the same interest the other two games did.

Dreamcast had a heck of a launch with SA, even packed it in, couldn't do 3 million switched the pack in to NFL. It just doesn't have hardware moving power outside the novelty of the first game. Sonic Xtreme had coverage but muted interest from gamers, as did the whole Saturn system after the first year, it was always going to have to fight through that if it wasn't cancelled.

It not to bag on Sonic but you're assuming Xtreme would be a bigger deal than SA was on a console with more turn offs than the Dreamcast in NA and Europe, with even less games that were interesting to NA or European buyers, and Sonic never did well in japan. It just doesn't add up.

Sega CD had good early hype, Sonic couldnt move the hardware peak Genesis. Even Night trap moved more Sega CDs initially, those Sonic sales were in like 4 years. That 1.5 mill was revealed after discontinuation.

And you still keep comparing VF to DOA despite DOA outselling VF since VF3tb.

It sold a bit beyond 2 with a mass marketing campaign. at the peak of the Genesis, less than half of Sonic 2 which was less than have of Sonic 1.

That can be expected when you have a number of sequels in quick succession and also when a console is nearing the end of its life, It happened with the likes of Tomb Raider and Biohazard as well
Sonic still sold well enough and it was badly missed on the Saturn as was no early Joe Montana NFL game. The dropping World Wide Soccer for the DC made no sense at all, more so with SEGA Europe spending all its money on sponsoring every football team in Europe Instead of letting Sonic Team make NiGHTS they should have been tasked with making a Sonic game 1st and the project Sonic never given to those hopeless muppets at SEGA America in 32 bit era

And I just can't work out how Temco is able to push the DOA to this day and SEGA hasn't bothered to make a sequel to VF.

DiscoDave

Well I don't like halo or gears so yea they can and I like forza so nope that can't. Seriously though if they keep getting good sales and they don't decline much or at all then there isn't really a reason for them to not keep making them.

That can be expected when you have a number of sequels in quick succession
You gotta stop making bad excuses man. Sonic 2 was less than half Sonic 1, ditto for Sonic 2, Sonic CD was at the front of early Sega CD interest, took 4 years to sell ,,1.5 million and at times was given away. SA was at the front of Dreamcast interest after a break.

Sorry man nothing you're saying ads up, you just want to believe Sonic Extreme would move a lot of Saturn's while ignore all the extra bagged from the Saturn it would have to deal with.

And at this point you're trolling with this nuts comparison between DOA and VF. The answer is sales, any thing else is bs.

Camreezie

They should bring back dormant IP if they're going to rest some of the bigger exclusives. Halo has multiple different titles and routes to go down so I'd say that's doing okay. Gears/Halo imo should be a release every three years. Forza has the two different series but shouldn't be yearly either. In the Xbox One generation they toyed with the idea of bringing back old IP e.g Phantom Dust and just gave up

You gotta stop making bad excuses man. Sonic 2 was less than half Sonic 1, ditto for Sonic 2, Sonic CD was at the front of early Sega CD interest, took 4 years to sell ,,1.5 million and at times was given away. SA was at the front of Dreamcast interest after a break.

Sorry man nothing you're saying ads up, you just want to believe Sonic Extreme would move a lot of Saturn's while ignore all the extra bagged from the Saturn it would have to deal with.

And at this point you're trolling with this nuts comparison between DOA and VF. The answer is sales, any thing else is bs.
What bad about being factual? Did Biohazards and Tomb Radier not see a drop off in their sales with latter titles and people really wanted to see them on the next-gen I'm sure biohazard 3 hardly sold better than Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive and that's despite a massive userbase and did TR Chronics sell in anything like the numbers of TR and TRII ?
I don't believe Sonic X would have moved Saturn's because STI was inept at that time. A true Sonic game made by the Sonic Team launching in 1996 instead of NIGHTS would have shifted a number of Saturns and sold a hell of a lot better than NIGHTS IMO

And it's hardly trolling, I don't get how Temco can find a market for DOA 5 and 6 and SEGA can't for VF6 or how Namco can still make Tekken games for the Arcade and SEGA does not.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
A lot of gamers wrote off Halo since Bungie left and yet they’re still selling millions and still crying for 343 to leave the metacritic scores shows they’re being banged up but ain’t no Xbox going to have a forza, gears, halo break.

Shut0wen

Gears is coming to an end although id wish they continue the gears tactica series, halos going to be on a long hiatus after infinte since they plan content for it spanning over 10 years, as for forza man its my fav racing game aym (especially horizon) so no im happy with forza since we dont get many racing games anyways

What bad about being factual? Did Biohazards and Tomb Radier not see a drop off in their sales with latter titles and people really wanted to see them on the next-gen I'm sure biohazard 3 hardly sold better than Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive
Sonic games not moving hardware at the peak popularity is something you'd see with dying franchises. You can't dismiss that. If the game series that started the Genesis take off can't move hardware after the first game there's a big problem.

Also yes RE3 sold quite a bit more than Sonic 3, as did Tomb Raider 3.

As for DOA you are comparing completely different games to each other. Tekken and DOA sold, that's why they kept putting out games, VF didn't, so Sega cut back on releases. Yeah it doesn't make sense to me that VF failed to sell like the other two, and I like VF more than both, but there's a reason Sega cut releases. Sega is a business

Last edited:

Redefine07

Yea its sad they can't do new IPs or quality SP games , oh well they got me with Gamepass and X360 support and now FPS Boost.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Been awhile since Halo game came out. Halo is fine just need to get that lore feeling back and MP. Definitely need to reeee-evauluate Gears, I've enjoyed 4 & 5 somewhat but this getting rid of Marcus Fenix from being main character has annoyed me, give me old Marcus Fenix like a GOW 2018, kill off the kiddies, make it a revenge Gears, whatever just give me back Marcus. Lol. Forza is fine coming out every year or other they are banger racing games.

CC-Tron

Neo Member
Been awhile since Halo game came out. Halo is fine just need to get that lore feeling back and MP. Definitely need to reeee-evauluate Gears, I've enjoyed 4 & 5 somewhat but this getting rid of Marcus Fenix from being main character has annoyed me, give me old Marcus Fenix like a GOW 2018, kill off the kiddies, make it a revenge Gears, whatever just give me back Marcus. Lol. Forza is fine coming out every year or other they are banger racing games.
They only need to release one Forza motorsport game now and keep supporting it through out the gen.

Last edited:
Sonic games not moving hardware at the peak popularity is something you'd see with dying franchises.

Again you're just trolling. I've given 'clear examples of how major franchises see sales drop with latter entries, even on a system with a huge userbase like the PS and you're not interested
I'm not interested in your spinning and wind ups anymore.

NahaNago

For Forza I would say no but for halo and gears I would say release one at the end of the gen. Halo infinite with it's multiplayer will last a long time I'm guessing and might do a sea of thieves and just keep adding content to it. For Gears I think they should step back and maybe rethink things. I'm usually really interested in gears games (even though I never play them) but this time I had like no hype/interest in the last game.

Ic3man

Halo = No! It's been too long since a good Halo was released.

Gears = Yes, Needs a new IP

Forza Motorsport = Don't care, I enjoy Horizon.

make gears into a more of a horror, less shooty or atleast less obvious "shootout" areas, i prefer making my way down streets, alleyways, through buildings etc, not big open square areas ready for an obviously onslaught.

Top Bottom