• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should there be a new Sonic Cartoon, and if so, what should it be like?

Jubenhimer

Sonic the Hedgehog, more than any other Video Game franchise, has lent itself well to a wide array of adaptations. From the Archie and IDW comic books, to the recent live action movie. The games have provided enough material to allow for tons of expansion to other mediums. Animation is one such medium. Whether it be the wacky comedy of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, the cyberpunk coolness of Sonic SatAM, the WTF-ery of Sonic Underground, the Saturday Morning Cheese of the Sonic X anime, or the dry, sitcom format of Sonic Boom. It's impressive that Sonic as a character can slide very easily on a scale of silliness to seriousness.

That said, with Sonic's 30th Anniversary coming up, I think a new animated series would be a good way to celebrate. I think a new Sonic Cartoon should be go back to the semi-serious, action-oriented nature of SatAM, seeing as how we just came off the comedy-focused Sonic Boom. Ideally, I think it should be a new interpretation of the setting and characters, combining elements of the games, the Archie Comics, and the newer IDW comics, as well as its own concepts and cannon. I don't know what kind of IP guideline rules Sega has regarding Sonic, but I would like for the show to very much be its own thing, while still celebrating the series history.

lock2k

Banned
I want Sonic cartoon done with the Calarts style and featuring Steve from Minecraft just to trigger 95% of sons of bitches who love to complain about everything. And he should be silent.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

2is02Yb.png

Carna

Banned
Nothing like the trash fire that was Sonic Boom,

Make it like, Sonic X + The OVA + The Unleashed shorts/Night of the Werehog. With influence of original Dragonball (before Z)

Top Bottom