• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Pokemon Legends co- exist as its own Series going forward?

daclynk

As i long time Pokemon fan,reading through the reviews and impression from the internet has me excited, more impressions from old school(Mature/Hardcore) fans want this should be the NEXT STEP for the series going forward. Others think it should take somethings from this to Gen 9. I mean what make a Pokemon games great is Accessibility. i don't want it gone. There are already different type of Pokemon games on the switch. Lets Go PK/EV, Gen 8, Remakes and now Legends. Each has it own unique styles and engine. That way the can improved upon each game for their demographic.

Lets Go series for the Casuals/Mobile phone players
Generation 9 series Mainstream
Legends Series long time fans/ Hardcore/ Mature/ those that don't care about EVs and IVs. there for adventure, story, catching Pokemon
Remakes Hardcore fans

Can or Should it CO EXIST?

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yep. Seems like the plan whenever they make a separate naming system like this.

Im still waiting for more Fire Emblem "Echoes."

Ribi

They'll do small chibi spinoffs and remakes of the old ones again and probably just do the legends spin off in different regions while updating it a bit here and there. It's how they roll make money do the minimum

Notabueno

Banned
WTF are people talking about?

First they did Pokemon Let's Go, and never iterated on that even though it was the perfect remake formula.

Then they released a remake of Mystery Dungeon that went nowhere.

Then they port Sword and Shield from 3DS to Switch.

Then they they completely regressed and skip the new remake formula, to continue the old remake series with ugly ass SP/BD....

Now they have a new experimental, but ugly as fuck, Legend series.

And I'm only talking about Switch games. So will they continue this series? It looks so lazy, and easy to produce while devaluing the franchise with disgusting variants that...yes, it's possible, but again ^

Saber

Gold Member
Honestly? No.

Whats the point of new directions and new ideas if you don't really put effort on it? I personally like the idea they took from Monster Hunter, big areas instead of a failed attempt of open world. But then they present this disgunting, ugly and empty world in the pinnacle of 2022 where we can present beauty scenarios without the need of realism.

I had once a dream of a pokemon game mirroring Dragon Quest XI, but its virtually impossible for GF. Nintendo should just ditch them and took away their rights of pokemon. Nanco did a visually pleasing game, perhaps they could do better doing main games. GF should stick with ugly corridors and barebone visuals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom