• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Nintendo make a portable console like a successor to the 3DS next to the Switch?

Would you buy a successor to the DS?

• I would love a new smaller proper handheld, bring back the past!

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • Making a portable system when the Switch is portable is really fucking stupid

Votes: 155 84.7%
  • I would be interested, depends on the games

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters
Switch micro yes.

The current one is already oversized for what it is outputting. Switch mini is overpriced, and quite big for a portable.

Artistic

I know I would buy a $400 or a $500 Nintendo handheld and guess what I bet there are millions upon Millions upon Millions upon millions of Gamers that agree with me and do you know why? Because if it's the most powerful handheld on the market its going to sell like crazy. Handhelds are not supposed to be direct competition to your beloved Sony PlayStation consoles. It's a totally different Market. And the funny thing is, is that the hybrid Market is a completely brand new market that Nintendo has created and Nintendo is currently setting the rules, and the trends and the philosophies of that particular market and just because you don't like it doesn't mean the rest of us doesn't like it. The sales speak for itself my friend.
First off, I'm a Xbox guy. Second, I don't have a problem with it. All the sales tell me that Nintendo made a safe bet with making the Switch a handheld. IMO, of course it was going to sell at $300.

We'll see down the line but I don't think people would be lining up for a overpriced Nintendo handheld.

Top Bottom