• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobi602: Developer/Leaker- "Reafirms Playstation Studios have a lot ready to be Shown"

DeepSpace5D

Feels like it’s almost time for a Bluepoint Games reveal going off their track record. Really looking forward to that announcement, whenever it may be.

VinnyMac

I think Bluepoint for BB2.

Although I'd take a DS2, I'd imagine there is more interest in a BB2.

Either way, I have a hunch that the next Sony showcase will blow 2015 out of the water. If it's not, then Sony would have hugely failed.
2015 will never be topped man what a fucking night that was

iu

[Sigma]

Ghost 2(Ghost 1 was my favorite 1st party game last gen)
Helldivers 2

Loved both these games last gen. Looking forward to those.

Last edited:
Imagine after all the waiting for a proper PS showcase, sony announce a 40 minute show! That shit needs to be an hour minimum. 90 minutes would be ideal after how long we've waited for a big playstation show. If its gonna kick off "phase 2" of the PS5, it needs to be a mega show. I want 1st party reveals, 3rd party reveals, new hardware etc.. don't hold back.

Last edited:

kaizenkko

I don't even believe there will be a Playstation Showcase. For a long time Sony has presented a change in the way of marketing its games. God of War Ragnarok, for example, only had major news/disclosures very close to launch. That's how Sony operates today, and no, they're not going to change.

Last year we saw the same wave of rumors and what happened?

Ronin_7

Banned
I don't even believe there will be a Playstation Showcase. For a long time Sony has presented a change in the way of marketing its games. God of War Ragnarok, for example, only had major news/disclosures very close to launch. That's how Sony operates today, and no, they're not going to change.

Last year we saw the same wave of rumors and what happened?
It would be a Big mess for Jeff Grubb, last year he always said "I'm not sure about dates" but this Year he's pretty confident.

We'll see.

FrankWza

Maybe then. There was a short lead between the pro being announced and sold though. If they showed it this summer it would be on sale by holiday 2023.
I think in the other thread it said something about 2024. Maybe the earliest would be q4 so early 2024.

Crayon

I think in the other thread it said something about 2024. Maybe the earliest would be q4 so early 2024.

I think 2024 makes more sense if only to get a big enough performance jump. They might show it in summer 2024 then. But a lot have things have changed since the pro so maybe they would announce ps5 pro with a longer lead time.

The reveal of Ground Zeros blew me the fuck away. Now THAT felt like a next gen game at the time. Even though it was short I was in gaming heaven playing Ground Zeros, Infamous Second Son, and KZ Shadow fall at the same time when i got the ps5 (got it few months after launch).

I give Demon's Souls a lot props for giving some similar "now this is next gen" feels. It's been kinda downhill from there tho. Ratchet is the only other game to really wow me on ps5.

I think Bluepoint for BB2.

Although I'd take a DS2, I'd imagine there is more interest in a BB2.

Either way, I have a hunch that the next Sony showcase will blow 2015 out of the water. If it's not, then Sony would have hugely failed.

There's only one dev that could make a BB2. Unless Bluepoint had the same people who wrote the lore they should stay the fuck away.

RGB'D

I’m actually pretty excited to see a PS5 only GOT2. I reckon it’ll give HFW a good run for its money in the visual stakes.
Please infamous... GOT was a snoozer. We need a new iteration, havent had anything since PS4 launch

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
i dunno...is a Play Station showcase or a PC Ports Showcase? .... I'm just saying that would feel weird. but who knows, maybe PS announces PS+ for PC

The PC announcements don't have to be anything more than a 1 minute sizzle reel. I don't think they will or need to dedicate a big chunk of the presentation.

John Wick

How can you defend anything that looks like fortnite trash. Thats an obese woman with a prosthetic leg. There is no saving this game.
This could also be a mobile game as well. If this is Gaas then it will need to be on as many platforms as possible.

DeepSpace5D

Bluepoint was working in GoWR, so they only have been working in their next game after it for a few months.
Wasn’t there like 9 different studios working on Ragnarok though. I’m not sure we can say Bluepoint’s role was large enough to hault development of their own game, but it could certainly be the case.

It would be weird if Bluepoint has nothing releasing anytime soon though as they’ve been dropping hints for a while, such as that Christmas card with the one unopened present next to the other ones.

Top Bottom