• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobi602: Developer/Leaker- "Reafirms Playstation Studios have a lot ready to be Shown"

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Yes. There was a leak of work in progress footage. They are going for a fortnite artstyle. they have the best looking game in the world and they are throwing it away to chase the fortnite crowd.

Horizon-Multiplayer-2048x1152.jpg

5Ax5zw0.png

pfBsPp4.png

Herman Hurst needs to go. What a joke this is.

You must study multiplayer.

Graphics don't matter here. Gameplay is king.

Fast iteration + implementation of new mechanics is way more important in multiplayer. Horizon Online looks to be on the right track.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
We will not see a single second of Wolverine until SpiderMan 2 is shipped and old news.
I prefer for Spiderman 2 to be the GOTG. How can you dismiss this ?! But I think that we will see more of it before Spiderman 2 ship because Disney will want to show it even if Sony does not. And there is the Deadpool 3 that could make a trailer a good idea too.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm excited for GOT2 but i agree the rest is kinda meh, but i except other stuffs like Rise of Ronin, Stellar Blade, the obvious Spiderman 2 and some cool 3rd party stuffs reveals. Maybe Cory new IP teaser too? Would be too huge.
I honestly could not care less about GOT2 at this point in time.

The first game was a huge disappointment for me, even while it had some cool stuff. Story is bland and not interesting, same goes for character stories which are not even tied to the main one in any way and felt disjounted and 100% separate (unlike what you have in other games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age). Open world, though cool to explore from meditation point of view, simply don't have a single interesting thing in it, a single side quest etc. that was memorable and really cool. Combat is so simple and so repetitive, that I forced myself to play through the game cuz even at the 20% mark no one could do anything to me and I could whipe everyone from the face of the map with 0 challenge. I haven't even bothered to play SP addon cuz I just don't care after playing the main game.

I'm sorry, but that's how I feel about this very mediocre, bland and average game. At first, everything is great... visuals are amazing though some aspects are far from perfect, movement while exploring is simply amazing and very satisfying, but after about 5-7 hours you start to realize, that you've seen everything the game has to offer, story and open world is not interesting, boss fights are mostly the same, boring and overal the game is just paper thin when it comes to everything else. Stealth is boring as well, so I almost always chose to fight.

Honestly, I just don't see how they can improve on all this in any significant ways to make me want to play a second game, but I hope they will... cuz I want to play far better game and the first one has good foundation to achieve this. Do I trust Sucker Punch to do it? Can't say I do, but we'll see.

As for other stuff, yeah, I'd love to see more of Rise of Ronin and Stellar Blade. Spider-Man 2... not so much cuz... well, it'll take too many words to say why and it's better suited for LTTP thread (which I'll create as some point if I won't be too lazy to write walls of text to explain how and why I feel what I feel when it comes to Marvel's Spider-Man) - in short, I like it, but it's nowhere near perfect.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Yes. There was a leak of work in progress footage. They are going for a fortnite artstyle. they have the best looking game in the world and they are throwing it away to chase the fortnite crowd.

Horizon-Multiplayer-2048x1152.jpg

5Ax5zw0.png

pfBsPp4.png

Herman Hurst needs to go. What a joke this is.
Isn't this the rumored mmo project for netease or something, we know its not the main geurilla team... either way it's one game out of what 20+ first party studios, God forbid they make something that's a little different.

Maybe let's not get out the firing squad just yet.

The way gamers react to everything like children really is getting tiring.

Last edited:

SSfox

I honestly could not care less about GOT2 at this point in time.

The first game was a huge disappointment for me, even while it had some cool stuff. Story is bland and not interesting, same goes for character stories which are not even tied to the main one in any way and felt disjounted and 100% separate (unlike what you have in other games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age). Open world, though cool to explore from meditation point of view, simply don't have a single interesting thing in it, a single side quest etc. that was memorable and really cool. Combat is so simple and so repetitive, that I forced myself to play through the game cuz even at the 20% mark no one could do anything to me and I could whipe everyone from the face of the map with 0 challenge. I haven't even bothered to play SP addon cuz I just don't care after playing the main game.

I'm sorry, but that's how I feel about this very mediocre, bland and average game. At first, everything is great... visuals are amazing though some aspects are far from perfect, movement while exploring is simply amazing and very satisfying, but after about 5-7 hours you start to realize, that you've seen everything the game has to offer, story and open world is not interesting, boss fights are mostly the same, boring and just overal the game is just paper thin when it comes to everything else. Stealth is boring as well, so I almost always chose to fight.

Honestly, I just don't see how they can improve on all this in any significant ways to make me want to play a second game, but I hope they will... cuz I want to play far better game and the first one has good foundation to achieve this. Do I trust Sucker Punch to do it? Can't say I do, but we'll see.

As for other stuff, yeah, I'd love to see more of Rise of Ronin and Stellar Blade. Spider-Man 2... not so much cuz... well, it'll take too many words to say why and it's better suited for LTTP thread (which I'll create as some point if I won't be too lazy to write walls of text to explain how and why I feel what I feel when it comes to Marvel's Spider-Man) - in short, I like it, but it's nowhere near perfect.
Fair, i personally enjoyed it, including Legends. Combat feels great, game looks amazing, imo it's the second best Open world game of PS4 after RDR2 (Still didn't play the DLC, need to play that) .

As for Spiderman 2 i kinda agree, i mean it's gonna be great game that i plan to buy and play if it release in empty window, but i'm not crazy about it either (It's not GOW or GT level for me), i haven't bought Spiderman PS4 until few months later, bought DQ11 instead that came around same time that i was way more hype about. But of course even tho i'm not big Marvel fan but Spiderman 2 you know with Insomniacs it's gonna be at least a solid good game that's worth it.

Sethbacca

Curious to see Bend Studios new project.

Unfortunately Days Gone 2 is unlikely.
I really hope they come around on this one. It has really gotten some new legs on PC and been regarded as a bit of a sleeper from the PS4 gen. Just imagine the size of the hordes and shit you could pull off on current gen. So disappointed when they shut the door to a sequel.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
DDk2mLE.png

I believe that it will happen before the 24/25th.
It ain't happening. These insiders have been wrong for 2 years in a row.

May showcase, June showcase, September showcase, December showcase.. 2 years in a row. ALL wrong :messenger_grinning_sweat:

We are now at "may showcase" for the 3rd year in a row

Last edited:

ToadMan

TOTK locks out this month in terms of focus and hype.

FF XVI locks out June for the same reasons.

So I don't think there'll be anything from Sony until July earliest - unless there is some light-weight padding material around the final pre-release FF stuff.

Sony have been keeping their powder very dry though. I think they've been keeping their bullets in reserve waiting for some event to dent their momentum or jeopardize their position in the market, but nothing has come along so they've just left the rounds in the clip. Unless a new challenger approaches, I don't think we'll see a single big show; we'll just get shows for the "next big title" one at a time to maximize exposure.

It's a marathon not a sprint, and gaming exposure is very short lived - it's pointless for a company with so many exciting IPs in the oven to blast everything in one show when they're already setting sales records - keeping stuff back for when the momentum cools makes sense because it's frustrating. The mystery surrounding the content keeps people coming back already anyway.

zomboden

Banned
I strongly believe they will wait til after the Xbox showcase to "one up" them. Sony loves their shows being fresh in peoples minds.

zomboden

Banned
Not always

Two years ago they showed off Horizon in may, before the Xbox showcase. Last year's state of play went before Xbox as well

I think we just need to admit that Sony is a wildcard
Well part of my thinking was if it was in May they would have probably announced it by now. And I remember back in E3 that Sony seemed to always take the last day/time slot for their showcase IIRC. "The Best for Last" I guess.

Well part of my thinking was if it was in May they would have probably announced it by now. And I remember back in E3 that Sony seemed to always take the last day/time slot for their showcase IIRC. "The Best for Last" I guess.

I think they will announce it either the week of or the week before. So we still have plenty of time

I think they're going to let Zelda release and then announce the week of the 26th of may

Last edited:

Elios83

At this point Sony announces their events just a few days in advance.
Things are announced when no one expects them, see the latest State of Play fully focused on FFXVI.

But at this point it's clear that they have to announce what's next for late 2023 and 2024 and their teams have been cooking stuff for a long time. They need to set the ground for the next couple of years in terms of expectations about what's next.

Last edited:

kyussman

I hope they have a secret major proper wrpg in development......but I don't know who would be making that.....also,they don't seem to really like wrpg's much.

TrebleShot

Ditch the PC ports , launch broken and need literally 4090s to run at 4k 60+

Lose Dualsense and Adaptive trigger and speaker in controller support simultaneously.

No trophies either.

Just ditch them or you’ll end up with more TLOU situations.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Thinking about getting a PS5. What are the new hardware rumors lately? Wasn’t there a rumor about a new PS5 model with a detachable harddrive launching this year? Should I wait for that?

Juza

Ditch the PC ports , launch broken and need literally 4090s to run at 4k 60+

Lose Dualsense and Adaptive trigger and speaker in controller support simultaneously.

No trophies either.

Just ditch them or you’ll end up with more TLOU situations.

sachos

Man i really hope we get a Showcase style show. Make it 2 hrs if you have to. SoP are fine but nothing beats a proper PS Showcase, hype will be huge.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I forget if it was Shinobi or another twitter guy, but was Shinobi the one who in summer 2013 he claimed he had insider info that Xbox One and PS4 would "release either October or December", but it turned out both released in November.

That was when both companies were hush hush on launch dates till the last minute.
I honestly can't remember if it was him but I know he left shortly after that so......
Kinda GIF

Top Bottom