• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinobi602: Developer/Leaker- "Reafirms Playstation Studios have a lot ready to be Shown"

yurinka

Wasn’t there like 9 different studios working on Ragnarok though. I’m not sure we can say Bluepoint’s role was large enough to hault development of their own game, but it could certainly be the case.
AAA games are always developed by several studios, even if in most cases only the lead studio is mentioned in PR and marketing. Games like Street Fighter had like over a dozen studios working on them.

In any case, Bluepoint are like 70 people and they have been busy working on GoWR, obviously doing a small part of it because a few thousand people work in a game like that.
It would be weird if Bluepoint has nothing releasing anytime soon though as they’ve been dropping hints for a while, such as that Christmas card with the one unopened present next to the other ones.
Bluepoint won't have anything to show this year.

They released GoWR half a year ago and only are around 70 people.

They don't have enough people to have a 2nd team working in their own game, and in around half a year there's not enough time to have something to show, specially when Sony in recent years don't show their games until months before their release.

Pretty likely Bluepoint won't announce a game leaded by them in several years. If they announce something else in a few months or a handful years will be because of working as support team in someone else's game again.

when is the announcement of the showcase going to drop?
I'd bet in a week or two from now

Last edited:

emivita

The time has come for a new Saru Getchu 🍌🍌

ape-escape-monkey.gif

DeepSpace5D

They released GoWR half a year ago and only are around 70 people.

They don't have enough people to have a 2nd team working in their own game, and in around half a year there's not enough time to have something to show, specially when Sony in recent years don't show their games until months before their release.

Pretty likely Bluepoint won't announce a game leaded by them in several years. If they announce something else in a few months or a handful years will be because of working as support team in someone else's game again.
I get that they worked on Raganarok recently, but do we know for sure when they started working on it?

Demon’s Souls remake is going to be 3 years old later this year. Are we sure that they immediately shifted focus after Demon’s Souls to Ragnarok and have been working on it this whole time? Or could it be a case of them working on their next project for a year or two, and then halting that to help support the launch of Ragnarok.

I’m sure you follow this more closely so maybe you would know, but I can’t remember seeing online where it said how long Bluepoint has been working on Ragnarok for.

I don’t think I was ever expecting a Bluepoint release this year, but I personally doubt it’s going to take several years to see another game from them.

yurinka

I get that they worked on Raganarok recently, but do we know for sure when they started working on it?

Demon’s Souls remake is going to be 3 years old later this year. Are we sure that they immediately shifted focus after Demon’s Souls to Ragnarok and have been working on it this whole time? Or could it be a case of them working on their next project for a year or two, and then halting that to help support the launch of Ragnarok.

I’m sure you follow this more closely so maybe you would know, but I can’t remember seeing online where it said how long Bluepoint has been working on Ragnarok for.

I don’t think I was ever expecting a Bluepoint release this year, but I personally doubt it’s going to take several years to see another game from them.
As far as I know they never mentioned when they started to work in Ragnarok or commented anything about their role in the game.

But it's fair to assume that after shipping Demon's Souls remake they moved to help in Ragnarok's final push. Remember that Ragnarok originally was supposed to be a 2021 title but got delayed, so pretty likely SSM needed an extra hand to ship it as soon as possible.

I assume that after shipping GoWR they moved to another project. Maybe started the preproduction of a project leaded by them (which we wouldn't see announced until several years in the future) or maybe they moved to support other game as could be TLOU Online, replacing the support role that Bend did have on it during some time in the past helping on it.

Helping on these projects would give them knowledge, expertise and experience that later they could use on brand new games leaded by Bluepoint, which could even be new entries for the GoW, TLOU or Uncharted series. At some point a few years ago Bend was also codeveloping with ND an Uncharted spinoff, so maybe since Bend left the project to focus on a new IP who knows if Bluepoint can replace them.

FromSoft algo got very happy with Bluepoint's work on Demon's Souls remake, so who knows, maybe their next project could be Demon's Souls 2 or Bloodborne 2 codeveloped with them.

Last edited:

Ristifer

I guess anyone can be an insider at this point. "Look, they've got games to show. We'll see them..."

*Showcase blows chunks*

"Listen, they've got games. They're coming when you least expect them. Don't worry about it."

alstrike

My biggest takeaway after reading him for quite a few years: he doesn't know shit. I should ask him where the f*ck is that space IP that his former employer was working on...

EDIT: Apparently went back to work at Wushu.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Let's be honest....everyone thought Sony were going to bring it, so these so called insiders were all like...

" you're not ready for what's coming"

"Here come the megatons"

Little did they know it was gonna be a pebble shit in a pond. I need to catch up on some of these journos that are always on sonys dick...how did kinda funny feel about this showcase? Gonna go check it out now.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Maybe they’re waiting for MS to make their move and then “counter-attack” with a bunch of 1st party exclusives?

Nevertheless, I’ll keep my hype down and wait to see how all this will play out.

Top Bottom