• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami has established KAMUY Inc.

bender

What time is it?
GJOyUraWcAAtkLu

Via Wario64:

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
We sure this is even a real company and not Grasshopper making a reference to Shadows of the Damned?

"A kamuy (Ainu: カムィ; Japanese: カムイ, romanized: kamui) is a spiritual or divine being in Ainu mythology, a term denoting a supernatural entity composed of or possessing spiritual energy.

The Ainu people have many myths about the kamuy, passed down through oral traditions and rituals. The stories of the kamuy were portrayed in chants and performances, which were often performed during sacred rituals."

Is there a domain/company registered in Japan under Kamuy Inc?

Last edited:

McGILLAZ

Missed opportunity to call the company Whiskey Foxtrot.

Jokes aside, I want to see him make more survival horror - Evil Within 1 & 2 are awesome.

Doom85

We sure this is even a real company and not Grasshopper making a reference to Shadows of the Damned?

"A kamuy (Ainu: カムィ; Japanese: カムイ, romanized: kamui) is a spiritual or divine being in Ainu mythology, a term denoting a supernatural entity composed of or possessing spiritual energy.

The Ainu people have many myths about the kamuy, passed down through oral traditions and rituals. The stories of the kamuy were portrayed in chants and performances, which were often performed during sacred rituals."

Is there a domain/company registered in Japan under Kamuy Inc?

Actually, I first thought of Golden Kamuy, an awesome manga series (and an anime adaptation that started off rough but got better as it went along) that more people need to check out.

g0jblXQ.jpg

hyperbertha

Indie is the way to go right now. The tools are so good today. You don’t need $300,000,000 to make a AAA quality game at any scale. We’ve all seen the UE games made by 2 people sharing the same netbook. Imagine 75 peak Valve employees with a UE and AI toolkit. N64 era Rare.
Where are these awesome ue games made by two people?

simpatico

Where are these awesome ue games made by two people?
Trepang2
PalWorld
Turbo Overkill

These are all examples where the devs didn’t even have much experience at all before starting development of the games mentioned. So imagine a slightly larger and more experienced team going that route. Future is bright for indie devs and I’m interested in seeing career AAA guys going that route.

Do the people directing Ghostwire and Hifi-Rush join him, or will they now take over the reigns at Tango? He might be the most known name of the company but his last own game was Evil Within, so quite a while and Tango might be fine without him and he might again direct a (smaller?) game or he might have some Kojima like funding signed. Anyway interesting what the results of this will be. His works sometimes felt great sometimes were not at all appealing to me.

hyperbertha

Trepang2
PalWorld
Turbo Overkill

These are all examples where the devs didn’t even have much experience at all before starting development of the games mentioned. So imagine a slightly larger and more experienced team going that route. Future is bright for indie devs and I’m interested in seeing career AAA guys going that route.
Palworld studio is like 50 people. And it's not exactly what I'd call awesome.

Top Bottom