• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance is now releasing one week earlier

Power Pro

I still am confused what this game is actually. I was the same way with SMT4 Apocalypse. Is it a sequel? expansion? it's own game and universe?

NanaMiku

I still am confused what this game is actually. I was the same way with SMT4 Apocalypse. Is it a sequel? expansion? it's own game and universe?
Expanded version of SMT V, like Persona 5 Royal

When you start playing, you can choose the original story mode or the new story mode.

At the beginning of the story, the player is presented between two routes. The story told in Shin Megami Tensei V, the Canon of Creation, and a brand-new route, Canon of Vengeance, a dramatic tale of revenge by the fallen.

The Canon of Vengeance follows the scenario of Shin Megami Tensei V, but changes drastically from the latter half of the game. The outcome will be completely different. Enjoy the two divergent stories to your heart’s content.

The battle system, demon fusion, and field exploration have also evolved in depth with the addition of new elements. We are excited to deliver a full-fledged RPG that can be enjoyed by those who have already played SMTV, as well as those who are playing this series for the first time.

Power Pro

Expanded version of SMT V, like Persona 5 Royal

When you start playing, you can choose the original story mode or the new story mode.

Oh geez, you mean to tell me the copy I had sitting of SMT5 that I haven't gotten around to playing is being replaced now? Dammit Atlus, stop doing this.

NanaMiku

Oh geez, you mean to tell me the copy I had sitting of SMT5 that I haven't gotten around to playing is being replaced now? Dammit Atlus, stop doing this.
Yeah, Atlus needs to stop doing this. This makes me hesitant to buy Metaphor ReFantazio on day one.

Reactions: RNG

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i think i've bought three different versions of P5 and still havent played it yet

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Get out of Erdtrees way. Ain’t no way anyone buying anything else that month if they get only to buy one thing.

I’ll be getting both but I know after one week SMTV is in the backlog lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
GOOD! Atlus keep releasing close to other big games.
Apocalypse is direct sequel to SMTIV, think of it as FFX-2 and SMT5 V is expansion similar to Nocturne Maniax version.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
None of those really. It has the original game, and a remixed version that has a divergent plot and new creatures and locations and such. At the start of the game you pick whether you want the original scenario or the new one. From what they have said it sounds like they start the same but get more divergent as they go and end quite differently.

It's basically a package targeting double dippers. Since there are obviously a lot of technical improvements over the Switch release I think they wanted to make it appeal to people who already bought the game on Switch but might be interested in a better version

Now we we won't have to balance our game time as much with Shadows of the Erdtree.

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Last edited:
Top Bottom