• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster DLC ‘Maniax Pack’ announced, adds Dante from Devil May Cry

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Last edited:

Klayzer

I'm certain this one is on Capcom, mate. By releasing it as a cheap DLC (which I assume it's going to be $10 at most, considering its price in yen), the fans of the original are happy and Capcom get their $$$ cut.
Probably right on that. Capcom isn't going to let them use their characters without a benefit to them. Just annoyed a lot of JPN publishers have ridiculous expensive dlc for their games.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Originally free/part of the game
brings out a game at full price
a 12+ year old game
but adds dlc

Man, I don't care if this was done because of Atlus greed or Capcom but this is inexcusable. FFS he was fucking free on the SMT phone game.

You really want that extra buck you fuckers? Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Dante is no longer a selling point for this game so we're asking you to pay for him instead.

Presumably Dante/Raidou would be a choice when starting the game if you have the DLC - or would it make sense story wise to have both involved?

More likely Atlus doesn't want to pay Capcom extra for each copy of the game sold, now they just give for each DLC.
Glad we're getting Raidou version as default.

Aion002

source.gif

First Yakuza 7 new game plus locked behind a paywall..... Now this?

That's it Sega. You are on my shit list!

I will go hug my PS2 disc of Nocturne.

I'm certain this one is on Capcom, mate. By releasing it as a cheap DLC (which I assume is going to be $10 at most, considering its price in yen), the fans of the original are happy and Capcom get their $$$ cut.

Nahh... It's 100% on Sega.

This is a 5,980 yen game, which is 55 dollars or something..... So they are charging 60 usd on a fucking remaster with less content. It should be 30 bucks tops with Dante.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm just glad he's there - couldn't give a shit less about having to pay for it, honestly. If you have to justify it... I dunno, maybe it cost them money to license the character.

Either way, glad this really is going to be the definitive version in every way.

Fbh

Not sure if Sega or Capcom is to blame here but a $9 DLC on port of a 16 years old game? come on!.

Vandole

I'm glad he's available for those who care. I don't. I don't even like Dante, so I'm actually quite happy to be able to experience the game without him. But again, having the option is nice even if you do have to pay for it.

Top Bottom