• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - Did You Know Gaming? (with Kazuyuki Yamai)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Picked it up today so I'll know soon!
Well if you don’t like then let me do honour of slap the crap out of you.
tenor.gif

Some people might disagree with me but Nocturne aged beautifully in my opinion, to this day I'm still in love with this game's aesthetics so much.
If they ACTUALLY bothered to put any effort in the remaster, addressed the game's issues and DIDN'T fuck it up with a full price tag plus a DLC paywall, i would've agreed, but compressed audio, random battles, and no control over abilities demons inherit when fusing, plus problems in performance and load times on release make this hard to recommend over SMT IV/Apocalypse/SJ.

I loved SMT Nocturne on release back in 2003 and it was my first introduction to the series as i'm sure many others, but it’s not 2003 anymore random battles especially at Nocturne's frequency aren't acceptable anymore, i mean FFS Dragon Quest VIII did all that plus additional content/characters for 40$ on the 3DS!

That not true at all, I’m currently playing the game and you can choose which abilities they inherit.

If you look at bottom screen you see “select skills”.
yUF6oN4.jpg
Did they patch that up since the release in Japan? Cause i'm pretty sure it was still random like the original release when it came out in Japan.

Edit: Yup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom