• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 - Yu Suzuki on why it's a 'Miracle'

Enjay

Banned
Friendly reminder: If you've waited a decade+ like I did and can wait another week or so longer the game will be on sale for $35 on black friday.

Zero7

Folks, I got an early copy today and I can't believe the 17 year wait is finally over. Shenmue 3 is absolutely incredible, you all won't be disppointed that's for sure. I don't want to say too much though and spoil everything.

This game is going to get shit on because it's different to pretty much everything out there, and because its predecessors had relatively huge budgets while this is relatively modest.

But fuck 'em. It's a Yu Suzuki game and it'll be true to how he thinks it should be.

It's a game that belongs in an alternate universe where Sega didn't die and Japan didn't lose its status as an international game making powerhouse.

I'm going to take my time and savour this.

Zero7

It's a wonderful game, like 1&2 were. But yeah I can't help but feel it will tank like Shenmue 1&2 did, because it's different and not some shooter or zombie fest shit like most western games are.

People will ignore and criticise unique game experiences like what Shenmue offers, but them kind are always first to praise generic shit
Iike The Last Of Us. That boils me

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It's a wonderful game, like 1&2 were. But yeah I can't help but feel it will tank like Shenmue 1&2 did, because it's different and not some shooter or zombie fest shit like most western games are.

People will ignore and criticise unique game experiences like what Shenmue offers, but them kind are always first to praise generic shit
Iike The Last Of Us. That boils me
I'm totally with you. But you know...at least we're getting this game.

I was hopeful for otherwise, but I'm convinced now Shenmue IV isn't happening, probably ever.

Besides being a much less commercial product, a lot of people are cheaply looking down on it. Not giving it a chance. It's unfortunate. So sad that only certain kinds of games can get made. Like, everything HAS to be a zombie apocalypse. Like we haven't had enough of that a million times already.

Top Bottom