• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shark! Shark! - the Intellivision Amico's 'killer app' system seller reviewed on Switch

ManaByte

Gold Member

Some interesting things:
Tommy Tellarico did not compose the music for Shark! Shark! despite what was claimed. He just went to a music library website and chose what tracks he liked.
Shark! Shark! and the other Amico pack-in games were actually funded by scamming the German government out of tax dollars.

EqlVIez.gif

ReBurn

Gold Member
Good to see some of these intellivision Amico games releasing on other platforms since Amico probably won't ever release. I wouldn't play this one, but I do want to try astrosmash. And night stalker.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I got around to setting up my Amico Club account, downloaded the Home app and Controller app between two Android devices, Astrosmash and Shark Shark are what I have access to.

Fun games. $15 is a pretty insane price but the games are totally passable. I never delved deep into the Tommy/Pat drama, it's just too embarrassing for me to give two shits about it.

I'm curious about other titles we'll get. As I've gotten older, I've found myself much more open to Arcade/High Score experiences and something about the Amico really intrigues me. I recognize there's nothing special about it but I'd love to actually get that wood grain console in my hands at some point. It's just a really sleek and neat looking console. Just an oddity for the collection and it would be fun playing with people.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It was obvious Amico would fail and heir games would come put on other platforms. Astrosmash is also out. I am interested to see ho good Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are assuming they release.

If someone really wants to play modern day Shark Shark, just play Feeding Frenzy games. Close enough.

Top Bottom