• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 3 is Being Teased; Teaser Trailer Could Be Shown During Devolver Digital’s Digital Event This Week

Bullet Club

Shadow Warrior 3 is Being Teased; Teaser Trailer Could Be Shown During Devolver Digital’s Digital Event This Week

The official Shadow Warrior Twitter account appears to have started teasing Shadow Warrior 3 and we might receive a teaser trailer pretty soon.

After being quiet for nearly 5 months, the Shadow Warrior Twitter started sending out tweets which are seemingly related to a new Shadow Warrior installment a few days ago. It started with an image of a teaser trailer being recorded, and shortly after that, a few screenshots were released. We’ve included the screenshots down below.

From the looks of it, a teaser trailer for the next Shadow Warrior is inbound and we might already know when it will be shown. As confirmed last week, Shadow Warrior publisher Devolver Digital is organizing its own ‘E3-style’ digital showcase later this week on July 11th, and it seems likely that the new Shadow Warrior teaser will air during this event.

The first installment in the Asian-themed FPS was released for PC back in 1997. A reboot of the series was released for PC and current-gen consoles in 2013/2014. A sequel, Shadow Warrior 2, was released for PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2016/2017.
Shadow Warrior 2 makes its move to consoles after a successful debut on PC late last year, taking the trademark Shadow Warrior melee combat and outlandish style to the next. A stunning evolution of Flying Wild Hog’s reboot, Shadow Warrior 2 ratchets up the action with online cooperative campaign mode, scores of unique weapon combinations, and a stunning mix of hand designed and procedurally generated worlds. Players assume the role of smart mouthed corporate shogun Lo Wang to wield a devastating combination of guns, blades, magic and wit to strike down the demonic legions overwhelming the world he inadvertently corrupted.
“Flying Wild Hog is excited and relieved to finally bring our biggest and best project to the PlayStation and Xbox communities,” said Michal Szustak, Studio Director at developer Flying Wild Hog. “Shadow Warrior 2 is a huge accomplishment for our little team and a new benchmark for the series so we hope that both our fans and new comers enjoy Lo Wang’s latest misadventures.”

We’ll update as soon as we learn more about Shadow Warrior 3.

Source: WCCFTech

GymWolf

My katana is ready

4a4fb6749b8a1beb7f0e4aa6b9408555.gif

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I really hope they're not going to do the same thing with this game as they did with the second one, which for me personally was a huge disappointment on so many levels.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I honestly thought the first one was great, the second one I lost interest in playing pretty quickly, unfortunately. It just didn't feel the same, and quite a bit of it just felt a bit too different. As a fan of the original game this actually really bummed me out as I still want to love the new series, but it was pretty hard as the second game suddenly became Borderlands-lite.

VN1X

Banned
Omg please let this be true. Love both games but Shadow Warrior 2 was really special imo. Looting at shooting at its finest!

SleepDoctor

Banned
The protagonist is awesome and the bestiary is cool. Hitboxes are a hit or miss and the 2nd game made every enemy have like, 10,000 hit points or something.

Someone mentioned something about every gun besides the sword being useless on higher difficulties. I guess thats exactly what you mean as well?

I'll probably try on highest difficulty anyway cuz I'm hard-headed like that sometimes lol.

Nickolaidas

Someone mentioned something about every gun besides the sword being useless on higher difficulties. I guess thats exactly what you mean as well?

I'll probably try on highest difficulty anyway cuz I'm hard-headed like that sometimes lol.
Actually, the sword in the 2nd game is frustrating to use. Enemies run and jump like drunk monkeys while my sword seems to be slashing at the air. I often get the feeling the attack should connect, but it doesn't.

Maybe I just suck at it. I dunno.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Actually, the sword in the 2nd game is frustrating to use. Enemies run and jump like drunk monkeys while my sword seems to be slashing at the air. I often get the feeling the attack should connect, but it doesn't.

Maybe I just suck at it. I dunno.

I guess I'll find out when i try it lol. Are the games very long? If not maybe I can finish both GoT comes out.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I bought, enjoyed, and finished the first game. I own the second from a free give away GOG did, but I haven't played it yet. Not the most encouraging view ITT so far, but hopefully the third is enjoyable.

I'm not entirely sure what the series can add though, based on the one game I played. That's why I'm not a dev, though.
There's...already 3 Shadow Warrior games.

Awesome. I need more wang.

One and two were cool in their own ways. Those saying two and one were different... no shit they were different lol. I didn’t like two at first but I did enjoy it when I accepted it for what it was!

Last edited:

Sygma

Shadow Warrior 2 had some truly insane moments and a completely ridiculous enemy density on the map when you cranked the difficulty up to the maximum and made your game a 4 players co op session that you'd run alone. The kind of enemy density that would make Diablo III blush when it was still about Inferno difficulty in completely over bloated maps lmfao

Bring on 3 ! excellent franchise

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I've been meaning to play the first two for ages now. An announcement of a third game, especially if it looks awesome, will probably be the push I need. I'd actually kind of forgotten that these games were on my 'to play' list.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Awesome. I need more wang.

One and two were cool in their own ways. Those saying two and one were different... no shit they were different lol. I didn’t like two at first but I did enjoy it when I accepted it for what it was!

I played 1 after 2, and just didn't think it played well. I wrote a review on Steam about it I think. I get why people would not like the loot stuff in SW2, but I think it worked and the combat was just way more fun.

I would have played the second if its was not about the stupid humor.

So, you would never play shadow warrior?

Ceadeus

I played 1 after 2, and just didn't think it played well. I wrote a review on Steam about it I think. I get why people would not like the loot stuff in SW2, but I think it worked and the combat was just way more fun.

So, you would never play shadow warrior?

I've watched the series. The second seemed appealing but I would have hard time listening to Wang commentary. I mean, I'm sure it does get old after a while.

Soodanim

Gold Member
That answers my question of where they can take the gameplay - grappling hook! They seem to be doubling down on the fun part, which is good. I might have to try out 2 sooner rather than later. Could be a DMC2 situation, or could be a necessary step to 3.

MiguelItUp

I hope they dont SJW the game. I want more Wang, not Wong.
I doubt it will happen. I feel like they did enough with Wang's modern character to make him "acceptable" for today with the first game (first new game, lmao). He's still filled with dumb jokes and one liners, thank god. I just wish we got more, haha.

jaysius

Banned
The world has gone too pudding brained to have a true Shadow Warrior game, the first new one was ok, but they should have just made an original character instead of cleaning up an old one, that had one game with a cult following.

Ivory Blood

Make it more like the first one - gameplay AND story both. I really liked the narrative and the characters in the first one - by the end it managed to make me pretty sad, that's how good it was.

Second one was ehhhhhhh in comparison.

Reactions: Fbh

BlackM1st

Banned
SW2 was hot garbage thanks to all enemies having immunity to 90% of effects. Game had amazing gameplay but gameflow was constantly broken bc 5 different enemies required 5 different guns to kill em. It was simply not fun.

Reactions: Fbh

BlackM1st

Banned
That answers my question of where they can take the gameplay - grappling hook! They seem to be doubling down on the fun part, which is good. I might have to try out 2 sooner rather than later. Could be a DMC2 situation, or could be a necessary step to 3.
DMC2.

Top Bottom