• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus pre-release images and info on cut colossi leaked on 4Chan

Too bad none of them made it to the PS4 remake either.

Incoming PS5 remake of the remake. There's a reason Jimbo bought Bluepoint (japan ps twitter slip up)

GaDDDbF.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Incoming PS5 remake of the remake. There's a reason Jimbo bought Bluepoint (japan ps twitter slip up)
I don’t know why you guys think just because Bluepoint makes “pretty graphics “ they suddenly great game designers that design new colossus and make sequel to Bloodborne, even tho they made no game for themselves and rely on the codes from original games.

Last edited:
I don’t know why you guys think just because Bluepoint makes “pretty graphics “ they suddenly great game designers that design new colossus and make sequel to Bloodborne, even tho they made no game for themselves and rely on the codes from original games.

It's just a joke/meme.

They did do a phenomenal job with the Demon's Souls remake. "Just a porting studio", or "Remaster studio" don't do that level of polish.

If given the opportunity for a new IP, they will match the quality of Housemarque, or even exceed them.

If they're assigned to revive just old Sony properties, there are numerous Playstation IP's that are currently dormant waiting for revival, now that Japan studio is shut down, not just Bloodborne. There's obviously Demon's Souls, Legend of Dragoon and a lot of others that falls in this studio's design philosophy.

You don't think it would sell? I'm assuming those cuts were made because of time or limitations of the hardware at the time.
I'm just saying stuff gets cut all the time. Someone just happened to find and show it this many years later. Doesn't mean they're going to redo the game with this old content that got scraped early on.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
When I see the words of Japan Studio ... My first thought is of such a wonderful studio.

SoTC, it is such an artistic, unique and indescribable game. It reminds me a lot of the movie The Neverending Story.

Definitive a beautiful experience and one of the Best games that i play in my life.

Along with Nintendo, I have affection for you ... Japan Studio.💫

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Rockstar did it with GTA5, Sony could do it to Shadow of the Colossus maybe.
Stahppp. People here already told you. You guessed wrong.. it’s for a reason lol.
The studio responsible for this no longer exists.
Even the head guy who did all 3 games no longer work with Sony.
So no. Nothing will be added to this game outside of better texture port

I thought the spider was already known about? I seem to remember people data mining the SOTC PS2 files and finding all sorts of stuff like this years ago?

Sometimes I forget how magical this game is.

Hopefully future generations will play the original game and disregard the remake
Bluepoint played it too safe with this and Demons Souls. They should have just added in their own version of what they think the cut content for both games would have been like.

Shifty

Sometimes I forget how magical this game is.

Hopefully future generations will play the original game and disregard the remake
What happened with the remake? All I heard about it was the fanservice stuff about Nomad Colossus and the something something steps to enlightement, which seemed positive.

Last edited:

tommib

A big ass Spider!? That would have been AWESOME!
EDIT: Why does someone say I am "triggered" for being interested in something?
Punished Miku Punished Miku
Everything Sony related triggers him. Especially quality/cult/legend games related. Super trigger there. But maybe he has replied already saying how overrated and terrible shadow of the colossus is and all is well.

Shifty

The atmosphere and art direction misses the mark, IMO.
Ah, fair enough. As it happens I ran across some comparison shots for OG vs remaster vs remake earlier today, and it looked like the remaster got it the worst in that sense. No soft fogging, wildly different color grade, real Silent Hill HD energy.

Everything Sony related triggers him. Especially quality/cult/legend games related. Super trigger there. But maybe he has replied already saying how overrated and terrible shadow of the colossus is and all is well.
star trek GIF

I think it would be ok, as long as it was marketed as a "reimagining" instead of a "remake". Not sure how it would turn out though.

The atmosphere and art direction misses the mark, IMO.
I think the label of whether it's a remake or reimagining is only relevant to hardcore fans, which leads me to my ultimate issue with how they handled both titles.

Remakes to me are for a dual purpose: To introduce new fans to a franchise and to give older casual fans just enough of that nostalgic feeling so that they are enjoying the game and are reminded of what they once played in the past. For Bluepoint style remakes, it is more of a "this is what I felt the game looked and/or played like when I first played it years ago" which is a fine goal to strive for. The issue is that Bluepoint limits themselves because they are scared of alienating those in the more hardcore fanbase, like yourself for instance, and thus they hold back in certain regards when they could have improved an aspect that was unrefined in the original, or added more unique content within the confines of the original's gameplay systems.

The real big slap in the face they have yet to realize, is that the hardcore fans will nitpick the game to death or not play it anyway, so setting that limit on themselves to appease a group who has a higher percent chance of not buying the game because an aspect or two didn't match the original, is an odd and illogical choice in the end(at least to me).

One day I hope they realize this, because I do honestly think one day they will touch Bloodborne, and that's another game that could benefit from small additions of cut content.

The spider is a big loss. That would have been one of the best on looks alone. And I would assume it couldn't be added into the Bluepoint "remake" because they didn't remake the game, the ported and spruced up the visuals.

The spider is a big loss. That would have been one of the best on looks alone. And I would assume it couldn't be added into the Bluepoint "remake" because they didn't remake the game, the ported and spruced up the visuals.
If that's what you truly think then they've accomplished their job successfully. However, the real answer is that they do actually remake these games from the ground up, and they try as hard as they can to make their remakes seem as close to 1:1 in terms of gameplay feel as possible with the original, aside from graphical and artistic liberties they take.

Assuming all of these potentially fun yet lost bosses were due to the lack of power in PS2, having the game be remade for PS4 and then not utilizing that additional power to add them back feels like such a big waste.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's not all new.
The spider colossus has been known for a long time.
I wish the remaster was working on ps4/5 :( Remake is great but I miss the original gfx

tommib

It's not all new.
The spider colossus has been known for a long time.
I wish the remaster was working on ps4/5 :( Remake is great but I miss the original gfx
My man. I love the remake but there’s just something lost in translation when compared to the PS3 remaster. I’m also waiting for the PS3 demons souls on the +classics.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
My man. I love the remake but there’s just something lost in translation when compared to the PS3 remaster. I’m also waiting for the PS3 demons souls on the +classics.
Sadly I find the classics streaming kinda terrible... wirelessly I get a lot of stutter which is crazy as I have new 150$ router in the same room.
Wired, latency is ok but the audio sounds so compressed like if it was recorded underwater :p
I think there are just no servers anywhere near Poland ?

Top Bottom