• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of The Colossus PAL boxart

Solid

sotc.jpg

Edit: Large pic here.

http://www.playfrance.com/news/images/326,46429/zoom/0018.jpg

gogogow

Not ugly or bad, but something isn't right.
It was better if they used an drawn artwork as boxart, something like Ico's boxart (PAL).

kenta

Has no PEINS
It's alright, it probably looks better in person than on the computer, kinda like the NA box.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
why the hell did they put small changes to it? it seems more brigither and the logo more simplified.

gogogow said:
Not ugly or bad, but something isn't right.
It was better if they used an drawn artwork as boxart, something like Ico's boxart (PAL).

I agree, it just like a screenshot from the game. It's nowt awer!

Jerkface

Banned
Very safe and boring isn't it?

I think the game needs box-art that reflects just how different and special it is.

Ceb

It's OK. I'm more interested in how the package looks, if there's just gonna be one version and so on. If not, will the LE package look different....?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jerkface said:
Very safe and boring isn't it?

I think the game needs box-art that reflects just how different and special it is.
Ico had just that (in Japan and Europe that is) but I don't know if it helped much. The sales were simillar as for the US version, even a bit less I think.

On principle I agree with you though. I'd like to see something like LE version of Ico packaging.

If that doesn't happen, at least for once, the US gets slightly better box art.

stone128

Mr_Moogle said:
When is the game due out in PAL? Should I play ICO first?

You really don't need to have beaten ICO to thoroughly enjoy SoTC, the game stands on it's own. There are some elements in the game however that ties to ICO, and some in the story, so you'd be losing out on those moments ...

It's out on my birthday, february 23rd :)

I'll do the good deed...

US:
924364_58450_front.jpg

Japan:
84px-Wanderbox.jpg

Sorry about the small size for the Japanese one, but this is my first time posting box art, so I didn't know where to look :p

I think the boxarts are trying to be different between all the countries...As a matter of fact, all the boxarts look like they were taken from a different screen....

Top Bottom