The departing staff were all working on pre-production on a new Gearbox title…
According to a report by Axios Gaming, the seven staff had started pre-production work on a new Gearbox project, but will now be leaving the company.
They are reportedly forming a new team to work on an independent project together.
The departing members are:
- Christopher Brock – senior producer
- Keith Schuler – lead mission designer
- Scott Kester – art director
- Paul Sage – creative director
- Chris Strasz – UX / game feel director
- Kevin Penrod – lead character artist
Gearbox founder Randy Pitchford confirmed the news to Axios, stating that the seven staff are leaving “on the best of terms”.
“Before their transition, the group was part of a not-yet-announced pre-production team and their departure will cause minimal disruption in our current plans,” Pitchford added.
“The bulk of our attention at the moment is dedicated to finishing ‘[Tiny Tina’s] Wonderlands, which is on-track.”