• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several reports of faulty PS5 and Xbox Series X launch consoles.

Would you still get one/both this early?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the disc drive noise thing. Took the disc out, powered off the Series X, took the plug out then put it back on and it was fine thereafter.

Installed 7 games from disc, across four generations, so far without issue.

For people saying it's fake and all the funny vape analogy, go inside and read the whole thread:

Again, the video that is proven to be a vape blow is the second one, with the dumbbells.

The Polish one, with the cable overload, is different and could be a capacitor, another failure, or fake - we don't know.

Smoke6

Man these assholes need to jump off a fucking cliff if they’re faking these videos man! I’m all for some console warring but not to this degree ever and they need to be sued

iamvin22

Industry Verified
GHDSpsw.jpg

Could be a serious prob, but I doubt something like that passed through the cracks at testing facilities/labs in MS HQ. They abused the shit out of both models for the main purpose. Otherwise millions wouldn't be sitting in the warehouse.

this is true. i once got a glance at a room where they pounded the shit out of PS2 for hours to days and weeks. it was like an assembly line of units getting worked.

Concern

This stuff all came out after the Ps5 dying news.

Xbox has been in reviewers hands a lot longer than Ps5s and no issues were reported till the Ps5 report by ACG.

Considering how much Ps fanboys cry "fud" at anything they don't like, they sure love spreading disingenuous fud about the xbox.

Even more embarrassing is the ones celebrating this, whether fake or real. Its pretty toxic to laugh at other people's misfortunes.

Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights Soapy Wooder Soapy Wooder should start holding trolls accountable for toxic shit like this.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
GHDSpsw.jpg

Could be a serious prob, but I doubt something like that passed through the cracks at testing facilities/labs in MS HQ. They abused the shit out of both models for the main purpose. Otherwise millions wouldn't be sitting in the warehouse.

Now!, back to reality..its still fn Amazing and guess who else rushes over their heads to launch these threads?! (In the hopes of...you know what i mean)
None other but damaged, desperate Sony clowns..Yo BoShazem, how's that AMD miracle workin out for ya, not so hot? Your shit back fires whatever you touch homie. You try too hard..trus, Xbox community will be a ..O..K..

Kuranghi

I can understand how smoking the devil's lettuce and getting really really high would make you think faking a fire inside a new console was funny, but with vaping?

In todays world people act like they are high as fuck when they've just vaporised some berry-flavoured sugar water lol

Next video will be these patterns emerging from a PS5:

giphy.gif

Rolla

Banned
Launch hardware issues in a small percentage of units is unavoidable. But I gotta say that the smoking SX consoles look staged.

Kuranghi

I hope it gets replaced without fuss and he starts using less dangerously overloaded electrical sockets.

Sorry how is the socket overloaded in the first tweet? I see one extension lead going into one socket on the wall. The extension lead doesn't have another extension lead in it as far as I can see.

The cable management is terrible and insane definitely, but why do you class it as "overloaded"? I must be missing something in the video.

Why would any attention whore/fanboy do most of the things they do?

These are expensive consoles that are quite hard to get on launch day. That immediately rules out a whole load of pranksters trying to get attention.

Of course people will fake things but there are multiple reports here it's not all a vape, which is what I originally found amusing.

Three

This stuff all came out after the Ps5 dying news.

Xbox has been in reviewers hands a lot longer than Ps5s and no issues were reported till the Ps5 report by ACG.

Considering how much Ps fanboys cry "fud" at anything they don't like, they sure love spreading disingenuous fud about the xbox.

Even more embarrassing is the ones celebrating this, whether fake or real. Its pretty toxic to laugh at other people's misfortunes.

Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights Soapy Wooder Soapy Wooder should start holding trolls accountable for toxic shit like this.
The difference is that the console launched and therefore there is a higher chance of seeing things like this outside of the handful of units that MS sent out to reviewers who wouldn't even dare expose a crazy fault like this anyway they would return it for a replacement.

Probably sucked up a hair or fibre.

Last edited:

Concern

The difference is that the console launched and therefore there is a higher chance of seeing things like this outside of the handful of units that MS sent out to reviewers who wouldn't even dare expose a crazy fault like this anyway they would return it for a replacement.

Probably sucked up a hair or fibre.

Yet everyone was still posting gameplay videos. Why wouldn't they, this is far worse than rrod if true.

Considering a few people are a reporting on the ps5s issues, i don't see why they wouldn't report this. But its the same individuals who are "concerned" lol.

Annnd confirmed fake. And yet we have people in here questioning why would someone do this? Lol

To translate, on Stand By mode the power light goes off (we see this in the videos) but because the system is still running the fan continues to work causing the smoke, vaped into bottom, to billow out the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
GHDSpsw.jpg

Now!, back to reality..its still fn Amazing and guess who else rushes over their heads to launch these threads?! (In the hopes of...you know what i mean)
None other but damaged, desperate Sony clowns..Yo BoShazem, how's that AMD miracle workin out for ya, not so hot? Your shit back fires whatever you touch homie. You try too hard..trus, Xbox community will be a ..O..K..
TBiddy TBiddy time to use that famous report finger for this disgusting display of fanboism from New Yorks Finest New Yorks Finest .

Last edited:

iHaunter

The PS5 one seems minor compared to Series X? Anything that uses silicon is hit or miss as it's still an imperfect process to build.

Edit: This also proves that PS5/XSX were not ready to be released this year.

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Because it was the first known review unit to have issues? Of course it’s going to be pointed out, it’s from a known reviewer with a large following.

Just wait until the PS5 is fully released and how many units fail straight out the box. There are always defective units and that fact is, these are just videos after the fact with absolutely no context as to what happened before.

I’m not dense, I’d be amazed if they got away with 100% success rate straight out the gate. If it did, they’d probably be the best tech engineers this world has seen.

As said just like in that GEN 3 SSD thread being an overblown dud, I’ll wait for a thorough explanation as to what’s going on here before jumping to conclusions out some weird fanboy retaliation.

Bo was busy flooding the PS5 thread with broken Xbox’s, and here we are with this thread.
I thought we were supposed to be honest, yet you post this bullshit.... "lollipop_disappointed:

Three

Yet everyone was still posting gameplay videos. Why wouldn't they, this is far worse than rrod if true.

Considering a few people are a reporting on the ps5s issues, i don't see why they wouldn't report this. But its the same individuals who are "concerned" lol.

How many XSX have shipped out? How many reports of smoke do we have? Too early to say this is on the scale of RROD.

I remember one reviewer saying the XSX gets stove top hot and the internet went crazy. Now imagine reporting something like this smoking console under an NDA. I'm sure MS checked every single one of those review units too for everything because it's a handful of units for reviews. The other is mass produced in china for regular people who aren't influencers and you get duds.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Rein that in a little bit. It’s a warranty issue of a game console. The guy with the “misfortune “ shared it with the
whole world on Twitter. It’s not that big a deal. Better to know now than after your warranty expired

Schmick

The Xbox's in the first two clips are not even on? The Xbox on button is not illuminated.

Last edited:

geordiemp

One good thing for us ps5 buyers in Europe is we get a whole week for things to be sorted, especially OS related bugs

A million or 2 consoles running for a week gives a better picture and statistics.

All will be clear next week for both consoles.

Last edited:

Concern

How many XSX have shipped out? How many reports of smoke do we have? Too early to say this is on the scale of RROD.

I remember one reviewer saying the XSX gets stove top hot and the internet went crazy. Now imagine reporting something like this smoking console under an NDA. I'm sure MS checked every single one of those review units too for everything because it's a handful of units for reviews. The other is mass produced in china for regular people who aren't influencers and you get duds.

I not saying the scale of it but the actual issue is worse if true.

Which like I said, only appeared after the ps5 news. I don't put anything past fanboys. We've seen people buy consoles on launch day just to smash them. So vaping into it isn't farfetched at all.

Three

The Xbox's in the first two clips are not even on? The Xbox on button is not illuminated.
Hmm my console started billowing smoke I'll just keep it on

this-is-fine.0.jpg

I not saying the scale of it but the actual issue is worse if true.

Which like I said, only appeared after the ps5 news. I don't put anything past fanboys. We've seen people buy consoles on launch day just to smash them. So vaping into it isn't farfetched at all.

Dude, it released/people got their consoles yesterday. When did you want it to show?

Last edited:

Tmack

it's a risk you're taking buying new hardware. people who pre ordered should know what they're signing up for.

if it's broken then return it. simple. i remember when I got my PS4 at launch the disc drive was broken. Sony replaced it hassle free.

i've got XSX + PS5 pre ordered. if anything is wrong with them then i'll get them replaced.

While i agree with you about the risk part, a smoking console is a complete different ball game.

Jigga117

Never trust people on the internet, wait for confirmation -

tenor.gif
CalculatingCoordinatedDassierat-small.gif

:messenger_winking:

exactly

first video was suspect smoke doesn’t go that slow in a small device like that but no fire? This is straight clout chasing along with that ratchet ass wiring with a powerstrip and extensions.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
exactly

first video was suspect smoke doesn’t go that slow in a small device like that but no fire? This is straight clout chasing along with that ratchet ass wiring with a powerstrip and extensions.

That's fake Xbox account btw. Here is the official investigation from Xbox PL:

5qU1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom