• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam 4 PC and Stadia exclusive until 2021

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Serious Sam 4 is available for pre-purchase now and will launch in August 2020. You can find several screenshots for the game in the gallery below. More information about the title can be found at the official site, including info on how you can get previous games in the series at big discounts. Currently, there is no word on when Serious Sam 4 will make the jump to consoles.

Update: In a recent email to Kotaku, Devolver Digital has stated that Serious Sam 4 has timed Stadia exclusivity and will not be appearing on any other console until 2021.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Damn...couldn't even get PC exclusivity. Publisher probably knew they didn't want to kill the franchise.

My only association with Serious Sam is LAN-parties ~2003 with everyone drunk as hell 8:00 am after a night of sven-coop. Starring through the monitor, holding on to your left mouse button.

Nice memories but not the gameplay I'd want back.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Folks are gonna be upset over this but it ain't worth it.

The game's not gonna be any worse in 2021 than it would be in 2020, and it's not like it's the only game coming out this year that you'll have to wait for.

Play some other stuff now, play SS4 in 2021 when it's released on your platform of choice.

MayauMiao

This is what Google think can sell their failing platform?

I know Serious Sam has its fans but its not going to be the game that will define Stadia.

What a joke.

Arkam

This was always a PC game for me so this doesn't impact me. But DAMN!! Stadia? I sure hope they money hatted them well. I could see a XBox exclusivity (as that user base LOVES this shit).... but stadia?

This is what Google think can sell their failing platform?

I know Serious Sam has its fans but its not going to be the game that will define Stadia.

What a joke.

I am beyond baffled on why Google did not throw money at a handful of studios to make exclusive games that are designed around streaming and do not get negatively impacted by latency and image compression. Or where it is at least less obvious.

Stuart360

Lol i wonder how long ago this deal was made. Before Stadia released would be my bet. I bet the devs love this deal now.

-YFC-

Hold on, I don't get it. Is stadia and pc release at the same time or you can stream it earlier on Stadia?

Jayjayhd34

Hold on, I don't get it. Is stadia and pc release at the same time or you can stream it earlier on Stadia?

Not to sure myself it makes it sound like exclusive statia in article. However both stadia and steam list it as realsing in augurts.

-YFC-

Not to sure myself it makes it sound like exclusive statia in article. However both stadia and steam list it as realsing in augurts.
I really hope it's august for both.
If stadia gets it sooner, I'm peeling off that serious bomb sticker of my bike's top case :messenger_beaming:

YgfuPx2.jpg

jigglet

Banned
I love the SS franchise but let's be honest, this isn't exactly a major win for them. It's a tiny, tiny franchise.

Shai-Tan

Banned
They're getting a lot of pr for this like Serious Sam would have otherwise been relevant in the console space. The type of gameplay in the series ensures it will be most popular on mouse/keyboard? Anyhow, I couldn't even be bothered to finish ss3. I started to play through it again in the VR version and the only reason I'm continuing on is the lack of good single player shooters in vr.

Blond

Banned
I really want to like this franchise but man, i started to understand why you don't give mages inifite mana after Serious Sam 3

I know one guy who will be playing it

( V Voost Kain )

He had a whole thread about denouncing Stadia a while back. Even the hardcore Stadia fans were burned over time. My neighbor has every piece of spyware google ever invented recording his every action and even he's given up on it.

A game like this just doesn't work over streaming.

This was always a PC game for me so this doesn't impact me. But DAMN!! Stadia? I sure hope they money hatted them well. I could see a XBox exclusivity (as that user base LOVES this shit).... but stadia?

I am beyond baffled on why Google did not throw money at a handful of studios to make exclusive games that are designed around streaming and do not get negatively impacted by latency and image compression. Or where it is at least less obvious.

They put Phil Harrison in charge of something that wasn't well thought out in the first place, they never even had it running well enough to perform on stage and Google's CEO himself opened the whole works with the dumbest statement he could have made.

Gqr1DLK.jpg

They sent a ship out to sea full of holes and a diverse crew entirely comprised of incompetent danger hairs.

Nickolaidas

I love Serious Sam. Can't wait to play SS4 on my PS5 next year, day one.

And considering the fact that the previous SS games were leaked to come to current/next-gen consoles, I expect SS First Encounter and SS3 to come out on PS4 this summer, then SS4 on the PS5 next year.

Glorious.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I mean, I guess?

Serious Sam has never really been huge on consoles anyways, so this is a bunch of whatever, lol

Unless you're playing with a gamepad, fast-paced shooters still don't really work via streaming. The lag is just too noticable.

Top Bottom