• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Series X or PS5?

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It's all about tradeoffs. Your best option is Xbox Series S due to the following:
  • Your TV is 1080P and the XSS is a 1080P system
  • You can buy an XSS in stores relatively easily
    • Best Buy near me has them, Newegg sells them with a second controller and 3 months Gamepass for 400, my Costco had them last time I was there, etc.
  • You don't need a disk drive if you play Gamepass games
  • It is $200 cheaper than the 4k consoles with disk drives.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I realise you’ve only specified Xbox and PS, but if you don’t have a Switch I’d consider buying one OP. Physical media as standard, 1080p output, Pro Controller support and the games are legitimately insane.

Warning, list ahead:

Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Bowser’s Fury, Cadence of Hyrule, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Golf Story, Kirby Star Allies, Link’s Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario + Rabbids, Metroid Dread, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Shin Megami Tensei V, Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Octopath Traveller, Triangle Strategy & Yoshi’s Crafted World.

You’ve got Pokémon Sword and Shield & Arceus is coming out in January. Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Metroid Prime 4 & Splatoon 3 are all on the horizon. And then there’s the Wii U ports: Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze & Bayonetta 1&2.

The third party support is strong too with Fortnite, Apex, Rocket League, The Witcher 3, Monster Hunter Rise, Crash and Spyro remakes, Crash 4, Tony Hawks 1&2 remake, Hades, Ori 1&2, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley etc.

Ogbert

Probably PS5, although it’s getting more and more underwhelming.

This gen isn’t going to take off until 2023 at the earliest.

oldergamer

I think Series X is the better buy at this stage. You get more bang for the buck. I'm not huge on games from japan these days, but the odd RPG is good enough for me.

I also have a switch already, so I'm covered for the games I can't get on xbox.

Last edited:

mili2110

Neither. Get a switch for now, it has the most games and many great single player titles. Since you only have a 1080p screen I wouldnt bother with a XSX or PS5 until you get a 4k screen and more ps5/XSX titles are available. Wait at least until 2023. Maybe you will be able to get a hold of them until then.

Last edited:
I realise you’ve only specified Xbox and PS, but if you don’t have a Switch I’d consider buying one OP. Physical media as standard, 1080p output, Pro Controller support and the games are legitimately insane.

Warning, list ahead:

Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Bowser’s Fury, Cadence of Hyrule, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Golf Story, Kirby Star Allies, Link’s Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario + Rabbids, Metroid Dread, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Shin Megami Tensei V, Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Octopath Traveller, Triangle Strategy & Yoshi’s Crafted World.

You’ve got Pokémon Sword and Shield & Arceus is coming out in January. Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Metroid Prime 4 & Splatoon 3 are all on the horizon. And then there’s the Wii U ports: Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze & Bayonetta 1&2.

The third party support is strong too with Fortnite, Apex, Rocket League, The Witcher 3, Monster Hunter Rise, Crash and Spyro remakes, Crash 4, Tony Hawks 1&2 remake, Hades, Ori 1&2, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley etc.
Apex is a joke on switch.

Varteras

Gold Member
You won't go wrong either way. Xbox has GamePass. PlayStation has PlayStation Now. Essentially the same service with the notable differences being Gamepass gets some new games Day 1 on the service, including all first party. PS Now by contrast doesn't do that. Games are at least a year old before they pop up. But PS Now does have a larger selection of games overall.

If you get a PS5 and sub to PlayStation Plus they do give you the PS Plus Collection which consists of 20 games from the PS4. Half of which are first party titles like God of War and Bloodborne.

Both Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus give you free games every month. Xbox Live is typically two more recent games and two much older games. PS Plus usually gives one PS5 game and two PS4 games. Though last month they gave away 6 games. Three of those were VR titles though. Even though one of them doesn't require VR.

The DualSense controller for PS5 is pretty awesome. Easily my favorite controller to date. It adds a nice level of immersion. It's not the second coming of gaming Jesus but it feels like a step forward for controllers. The Xbox controller is a solid design and largely unchanged from the previous generation. If you just simply prefer Xbox controllers you won't go wrong with this new one.

Performance wise these consoles are pretty evenly matched. Some games run better on PS5, others on Series X. Rarely are there significant differences in favor of either one.

Thus boiled down to games. Right now PS5 has a larger list of games. Notable or otherwise. Both of them have many games coming down the pipe with some big deals along the way. Xbox has the likes of Halo, Starfield, and Elder Scrolls coming. PlayStation has Horizon, God of War, and Gran Turismo in the near future. So I'd look into what games are out and coming and decide which platform you'll enjoy most if you only get one.

Oh, and good luck finding either without paying a small fortune!

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
To me, PS5 has the better games and controller. Xbox has the cheaper way to play many games.

Both are indispensable.

Of course, if you're not caught up, many of the best games from last generation are included on the PS+ Collection,if you are on PS5
PS5 has a few. A remake, a DLC, a couple rogue-lites...but a couple decent platformers. XSX has Halo, Forza....all multi-platform games and GamePass. And XSX is less of a hassle if you have last-gen games and saves.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Oh, and good luck finding either without paying a small fortune!
I get an alert everyday with Target, WalMart, Gamestop, BestBuy and the MFG's ..dropping stock. Already had a XSX but got a PS5 this way a couple weeks back.

Last edited:
My time is split fairly evenly between both consoles.
I play on PS5 more with my friends for multiplayer games, and I play most of the Sony exclusives.
Series X mostly gets used for Game Pass games only. Think I've only bought 1 or 2 games all year on Xbox.
I think I prefer the games I've played on PS5 more overall, but I've played a wider array of games on Xbox. Being able to trial a game, then delete it if I don't like it is a huge thing.
I think features like Quick Resume are really overrated on this forum though. MS Rewards is a great feature though

tommib

PS5 + Series S combo. PS5 has that next-gen feeling with the controller and virtually 0 loading times for first party. Also, graphically, PS5 has given me the next-gen jaw dropping moments with Returnal and Souls. Ratchet is not my thing so I’ll never play it.

Last edited:
If you don't mind deleting and redownloading all the time, then you are right. You are doomed to buying everything digital and cannot resell physical games. That 500GB fills up really fast. Especially since Xbox is missing something similar like PS5's Kraken. PS5 has more storage and some games are like 40% smaller. So no, it's not false. In fact: a while back somebody counted the storage sizes of all next gen native games and guess what: Series X 1TB can store less of them than PS5's 825GB. How is having 500GB enough? And PS5 uses a non-proprietary storage solution, so you can get cheaper storage, not to mention it also downloads faster, according to the latest reports I saw.

And at what resolution do those games run? I'm talking overall performance including res. and basic. Dude has a 1080p tv. He won't be playing at 120fps. Series S was marketed much higher than what it currently brings to the table. We've already seen games dropping below 700p, if I recall correctly. Or close to that. We even saw games performing worse than One X. It's a scam if you ask me.
This is the problem I have with people who don't own a system just can come and drop misinformation. The XSS supports external storage just like every other current gen console. There is no need to re-download anything. In addition the XSS also supports cloud streaming so that would also mean internal storage is less important. The PS5DE is also digital only but you can only buy your games from Sony so costs will be higher than XSS digital games. The XSS supports 120fps even though it is 1080p so I have no idea what you are talking about. The XSS also supports graphical features the X1X does not like raytracing. See Forza Horizon 5 for a game with better graphical detail on the XSS over the X1X. The only scam is the wrong info you are pushing.

On topic the OP has older Xbox discs so of he wants to play those games the XSS isn't a good option. The XSX if he can find one makes sense assuming the titles are on the BC list. I'd say PS5 but I'm pretty sure it doesn't play PS1, 2,or 3 discs despite it having a drive.

Flutta

Banned
In your case it’s an easy choice go PS. If you find any Xbox games interesting you can always play them on PC.

As always best combo to have is PC/PS5 or PS5/Switch. If you have time & 💰.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned

Warning, list ahead:

SWITCH USER, GET HIM "lollipop_disappointed:

Iced Arcade

Sounds like you are super casual so get whatever you can get your hands on honestly.

personally gamepass, controller and upcoming amount of console exclusives is hands down xbox IMO.

Neff

And you can just walk up in a store and pick up a PS5 off the shelve?

Nope, you've got to put in effort, but it wasn't hard for me to buy two PS5s at RRP early this year. Here we are on the cusp of 2022 and getting a Series X is still next to impossible.

Matsuchezz

You probably need to look at the library of both. For me PS5 makes all the sense in the world because SIE produces the games i want to play the most and also I cannot play every single day so Xbox's gamepass makes no sense to me. If I was a child with only school to worry about i would probably buy an XSX too with gamepass.

Hugare

You can play MS games on your PC or a lot of other devices with Xcloud

You can't with Sony games. Sure, they are being ported to PC, but you'll have to wait for quite a while.

And the DualSense is really freaking cool, honestly.

I'm having a blast with the PS5 + Xcloud (GamePass Ultimate) combo

Warning, list ahead:

I am avoiding Switch as I have a wii u (although got one for the kids this xmas). If a switch 2 was out I would buy; but having missed most 3rd party stuff for a decade I want to get something to give me more options.

I have a "gaming pc" that can play things at a tolerable medium level but I spend all day working on that thing and despite having a pad I just can't bring myself to play on it. I also want some wow factor and fresh games which I am hoping is possible having skipped ps4/xbone gen.

Deerock71

Same.

Actually my friend got the PS5 first, but just recently got the Xbox Series X Halo Infinite Edition and I put him down on some GamePass cards from Target (3-month for $24 ea) and now he says the exact same thing, the PS5 has been collecting dust :messenger_tongue:
I'm hoping my 14 year old does the same thing. I snagged a series S, 9 months of gamepass and 1 year of PS plus (he's a diehard PS4 junkie). Plus he has access to all the games I've downloaded and purchased through the years. And almost all the games I've purchased in the past get a spec bump.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I am avoiding Switch as I have a wii u (although got one for the kids this xmas). If a switch 2 was out I would buy; but having missed most 3rd party stuff for a decade I want to get something to give me more options.

I have a "gaming pc" that can play things at a tolerable medium level but I spend all day working on that thing and despite having a pad I just can't bring myself to play on it. I also want some wow factor and fresh games which I am hoping is possible having skipped ps4/xbone gen.
If you’re a busy guy with kids then time is probably at a premium for you. PlayStation’s big games; God of War, Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man, Uncharted/The Last of Us Remastered - they have the WOW factor for sure. Incredibly polished, fun and tight games. I’d definitely say get a PS5 in your case. Good luck whatever you choose.

(I love Xbox and Nintendo too).

Last edited:
PC

All of Microsoft's 1P.

More and more of Sony's 1P (in shorter release intervals too).

All 3P content including ones that are console-exclusive.

All retro games and systems.

Even Nintendo stuff if you don't mind using an emulator for retail games.

Best overall performance/specs if you invest reasonably.

Largest degree of freedom.

Free online.

Full-on mod support.

KB&M support for games that benefit.

Best support for VR/AR gaming.​

It's really an open-and-close case, at least for me. Once I get a decent GPU and eGPU casing, I'm pretty much good for a decent while. Build a rig a little later to swap the GPU into when needed and I'm fully set.

If I do get a next-gen console tho it will be either Series S or PS5 Digital and that'll be mainly for family, sharing game library (that's more leaning to Series S) or the odd exclusive that takes forever to come to console (more a PS5 Digital leaning there). Leaning Series S tho due to GamePass and cross-buy support with 1P games on Xbox and PC. Sony's starting to dabble a little there but it's nowhere near standardized for them as of yet.

Definitely prefer console controllers tho, thankfully they work effortlessly on PC.

Look, anyone who answers you is gonna suggest what THEY would get first and foremost, so filter those responses with that in mind.

And yeah, that means I'm gonna suggest PC, but there's a specific route you can go. You can enable things like Steam Big Picture Mode (IIRC) on your PC that basically gamifies the frontend. For any of the new consoles like PS5 or Series X, you'll really need a good 4K TV to show them off at their best and if you don't have one already that's probably an extra $1,000 on top of the console costs (and and for both you still have to pay for online play :S).

Depending on what performance you want of your games, even some OEM PC builds might be doable for you if you're aiming for say 1440p native res 60 Hz support or even 120 Hz in some cases. 4K monitors, particularly smaller sub-32 inch ones, are going to be cheaper than most 4K TVs and also offer higher refresh rates. As well, some of the most creative games that come out tend to be PC-only; you may get some that come to console and you get some from console platform holders themselves, but all of Microsoft's games and a growing rate of Sony's are either on PC or coming to PC anyway, that leaves Nintendo and you can buy those from a retailer of choice but play them in certain emulators if you want to know how.

Most of the best VR/AR experiences are on PC, and you can shop around for an affordable VR headset if you want. Also, a good chance that upcoming VR headsets like PSVR2 are compatible with PC, increasing your pool of options. And that's really PC in a nutshell: if you know what you specifically want, you can focus your pool of options to a few items that meet your needs and go from there. It'll generally work out to more control on your end and cheaper pricing; the games themselves for example are usually cheaper and the money saved on that can go towards hardware or other things.

Last edited:

Bramble

Nope, you've got to put in effort, but it wasn't hard for me to buy two PS5s at RRP early this year. Here we are on the cusp of 2022 and getting a Series X is still next to impossible.

I know. I managed to snag a total of 3, but today a PS5 seems harder to find than ever.

Bramble

This is the problem I have with people who don't own a system just can come and drop misinformation. The XSS supports external storage just like every other current gen console. There is no need to re-download anything. In addition the XSS also supports cloud streaming so that would also mean internal storage is less important. The PS5DE is also digital only but you can only buy your games from Sony so costs will be higher than XSS digital games. The XSS supports 120fps even though it is 1080p so I have no idea what you are talking about. The XSS also supports graphical features the X1X does not like raytracing. See Forza Horizon 5 for a game with better graphical detail on the XSS over the X1X. The only scam is the wrong info you are pushing.

On topic the OP has older Xbox discs so of he wants to play those games the XSS isn't a good option. The XSX if he can find one makes sense assuming the titles are on the BC list. I'd say PS5 but I'm pretty sure it doesn't play PS1, 2,or 3 discs despite it having a drive.

Which can only be used as cold storage for native apps or BC titles. It will be fun installing Cold War, Warzone and [insert any other random Call of Duty game] on the 364GB that is left on the Series S drive. I don't think that's even possible. So you're stuck with downloading. Whether that's from the internet or an external drive. It doesn't matter. Cloud streaming is literally the worst way to play a game, but knock yourself out. You can buy from the Sony store, or download more games than available on the entirety of Game Pass. Then again: I won't recommend a PS5 DE either.

My point was his tv most likely doesn't do 120fps.

Series S is the biggest scam in gaming and the worse thing that happened this gen. Like multiple devs already stated, it's bottlenecked and limits gamedesign for at least multiplats and XGS games. You can only do so much on Series X until you hit the limits of Series S. Dollar bet: a few years from now, you will see massive differences (more than we are already seeing) in both graphics and gamedesign when comparing PS5 exclusives to Xbox exclusives. It's ultra fast IO with high clocks at 10TF and unified RAM vs. slow(er) IO with low clocks at 4TF and 10GB of RAM decided into 2 pools.

I was kinda hoping nobody would buy it and MS would decide to end it off quick and no longer force devs to develop for S, but if I have to believe the latest news, Series S is selling more than X. Disappointing.

svbarnard

Banned
For me ps5, it has the exclusives I like more but xsx has great games too so..
Well answer this question for me, do you also play on PC? Because if you're like me where you have a PC but it has a weak GPU Nvidia 750 ti that couldn't play Modern video games, and I'm too poor to afford to buy $1,000 GPU, so I'm just a console player, and honestly I don't have the time to own both PlayStation and Xbox, I work full-time and I really just don't have the time so I only own one console and I have chosen to go with Xbox (shit I'm 33 and I've been playing Xbox since I was 15, I played Halo CE at a friend's house and it's the reason I traded my PS2 in for an Xbox). So I really don't have the money to go buy an expensive gaming PC so I only play on console and owning two consoles is just ridiculous and out of the question. Seriously owning two separate consoles when you're an adult who works full-time is just ridiculous, I'm lucky if I get to play video games 15 hours a week I have a very busy life.

So if you're a console player and not a PC player like me, this means you're missing out on all the exclusives that are coming for Xbox (again this is irrelevant if you also have a nice expensive gaming PC). And I just want to end this with that Microsoft owns Bethesda now. So you're not going to be able to play the next elder scrolls or the next fallout or the next Doom or the next Wolfenstein.

Or the new Bethesda game starfield that's coming out soon

Also in addition to purchasing Bethesda Microsoft opened up like a dozen new game studios because they're trying to fix their shortage of first party titles (in total Microsoft has almost a couple dozen game studios working for them now). One of the new game studios Microsoft recently opened is working on an awesome new "elders scrolls like" game called Avowed

So have fun with ps5's exclusives...

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned
Which can only be used as cold storage for native apps or BC titles. It will be fun installing Cold War, Warzone and [insert any other random Call of Duty game] on the 364GB that is left on the Series S drive. I don't think that's even possible. So you're stuck with downloading. Whether that's from the internet or an external drive. It doesn't matter. Cloud streaming is literally the worst way to play a game, but knock yourself out. You can buy from the Sony store, or download more games than available on the entirety of Game Pass. Then again: I won't recommend a PS5 DE either.

Series S is the biggest scam in gaming and the worse thing that happened this gen. Like multiple devs already stated, it's bottlenecked and limits gamedesign for at least multiplats and XGS games. You can only do so much on Series X until you hit the limits of Series S. Dollar bet: a few years from now, you will see massive differences (more than we are already seeing) in both graphics and gamedesign when comparing PS5 exclusives to Xbox exclusives. It's ultra fast IO with high clocks at 10TF and unified RAM vs. slow(er) IO with low clocks at 4TF and 10GB of RAM decided into 2 pools.

I was kinda hoping nobody would buy it and MS would decide to end it off quick and no longer force devs to develop for S, but if I have to believe the latest news, Series S is selling more than X. Disappointing.
But here's something most people don't know about and it might save the day, there is a next-gen feature called mesh shaders that will literally double the performance of the Xbox series x / s, it's so revolutionary that the game studios have to literally rebuild their game engines to support it, that's why there's not a single game right now that's using the new mesh shaders. I believe the first game to use mesh shaders is coming out next year but that's tentative at this point. Basically when mesh shaders are built into the game engines it will literally double the performance of the series X/S's GPU (mesh shaders will change how GPUs work it's supposed to be revolutionary) mesh shaders is also coming to PCs.

But guess what? So mesh shaders are literally built into the hardware of the Xbox series x / s but that is not the case for PS5. Mesh shaders is something that is natively supported by AMD's RDNA2, from what I understand the ps5's design was frozen before AMD completed their work on RDNA2 which is why the PS5 will not natively support mesh shaders. https://www.world-today-news.com/ps5-bad-news-uses-primitive-shaders-series-x-uses-mesh-shaders/

Honestly you should get the new Xbox series X it's what I'm going to do. The new Microsoft flight simulator looks worse on the series s compared to the series X here click this video to see the comparison, I have it marked to jump right to the point where they talk about it

Wow the biggest scam in gaming and the worst thing to happen this gen that there is an affordable console for casual gamers, people on a budget and kids. What a hot take. Well I'm glad you didn't have a say and I'm pretty happy you were completely wrong about the systems success.

You'll hopefully learn one day that devices with lower speced video cards don't hold back anything and you can't point to one game that had levels omitted or characters dropped because the XSS exists. Just like no one can point to the existence of the RTX 3060 holding back PC gaming. You are free to have an irrational hate and fear of the XSS and gamers around the world will appreciate an affordable console to play current gen games on.

S0ULZB0URNE

uBrtr7e.gif

You can't go with either though, just don't get a xss.

AnotherOne

Well answer this question for me, do you also play on PC? Because if you're like me where you have a PC but it has a weak GPU Nvidia 750 ti that couldn't play Modern video games, and I'm too poor to afford to buy $1,000 GPU, so I'm just a console player, and honestly I don't have the time to own both PlayStation and Xbox, I work full-time and I really just don't have the time so I only own one console and I have chosen to go with Xbox (shit I'm 33 and I've been playing Xbox since I was 15, I played Halo CE at a friend's house and it's the reason I traded my PS2 in for an Xbox). So I really don't have the money to go buy an expensive gaming PC so I only play on console and owning two consoles is just ridiculous and out of the question. Seriously owning two separate consoles when you're an adult who works full-time is just ridiculous, I'm lucky if I get to play video games 15 hours a week I have a very busy life.

So if you're a console player and not a PC player like me, this means you're missing out on all the exclusives that are coming for Xbox (again this is irrelevant if you also have a nice expensive gaming PC). And I just want to end this with that Microsoft owns Bethesda now. So you're not going to be able to play the next elder scrolls or the next fallout or the next Doom or the next Wolfenstein.

Or the new Bethesda game starfield that's coming out soon

Also in addition to purchasing Bethesda Microsoft opened up like a dozen new game studios because they're trying to fix their shortage of first party titles (in total Microsoft has almost a couple dozen game studios working for them now). One of the new game studios Microsoft recently opened is working on an awesome new "elders scrolls like" game called Avowed

So have fun with ps5's exclusives...

I have a XsX and a ps5 so yeah I'll have fun with exclusives.

The fact that you like single player games and missed out on PS4 makes a PS5 the best choice. You will have an entire generation worth of very high quality single player content to play.

rapid32.5

Sounds like budget and casual BC support + GamePass with XSS, I would just grab digital games on sale. I doubt even hardcore gamer finishes all their BC games on XSX or PS5.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
if u have a bunch of 360 discs. get a Series X. at least half of my 360 library works if i stick the disc in the Series X
Not 9nly do they work, but for the most part they work better than they did on the 360.

If you have games you meant to finish, or never got around to, that can be a big advantage.

Ozzie666

I am usually a big Playstation supporter, I love the PS5. But in recent months I have come around to the Xbox and elite controller. Gamepass is just too good value right now with some great games to play. I still think Sony has some better single player content like Ghosts, Spider-man etc. Fast loading etc.

But with Forza, Halo, Gears, so much Gamepass content to play for peanuts, seems a better family friendly deal.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. The free games on Ps5 for buy in are pretty good too. No wrong answer here. Which ever one you find first. Whilst I wouldn't get a Series S, seems like that might suit you and your family.

svbarnard

Banned
I am usually a big Playstation supporter, I love the PS5. But in recent months I have come around to the Xbox and elite controller. Gamepass is just too good value right now with some great games to play. I still think Sony has some better single player content like Ghosts, Spider-man etc. Fast loading etc.

But with Forza, Halo, Gears, so much Gamepass content to play for peanuts, seems a better family friendly deal.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. The free games on Ps5 for buy in are pretty good too. No wrong answer here. Which ever one you find first. Whilst I wouldn't get a Series S, seems like that might suit you and your family.
"I still think Sony has some better single player content like Ghosts, Spider-man etc. Fast loading etc."

Microsoft owns Bethesda which makes some of the greatest single player games ever made. Microsoft now has 23 first party studios, Halo infinite has a single player campaign, gears of wars 5 has a single player campaign, one of Microsoft's first party studios is making a new "elder scrolls like" game called Avowed.

I mean this is irrelevant if you also own a gaming PC but I can't afford to spend $1,000 on a GPU so I'm just a console player and I play Xbox only. I mean Microsoft owns so many game studios now you can't say Sony has the better single player games anymore. Aren't you aware of the new Bethesda game starfield that's coming out soon? Starfield is basically a single player game and guess what you can't play it on PlayStation.

svbarnard

Banned
I have a XsX and a ps5 so yeah I'll have fun with exclusives.
I work full time and I go to the gym to work out, I'm lucky if I ever get 20 hours a week to play video games, as an adult who works full-time I can't justify owning both PlayStation and Xbox when in reality I don't have the friggin time. I mean it's just ridiculous how do you have the time for that?

I mean I'm lucky to get 8 hours of sleep every night, usually I don't, my life is super busy I'm working all the time. So I only own one console and it's going to be Xbox. Hell, even as a child I never got to own two consoles!!!!

S0ULZB0URNE

But here's something most people don't know about and it might save the day, there is a next-gen feature called mesh shaders that will literally double the performance of the Xbox series x / s, it's so revolutionary that the game studios have to literally rebuild their game engines to support it, that's why there's not a single game right now that's using the new mesh shaders. I believe the first game to use mesh shaders is coming out next year but that's tentative at this point. Basically when mesh shaders are built into the game engines it will literally double the performance of the series X/S's GPU (mesh shaders will change how GPUs work it's supposed to be revolutionary) mesh shaders is also coming to PCs.

But guess what? So mesh shaders are literally built into the hardware of the Xbox series x / s but that is not the case for PS5. Mesh shaders is something that is natively supported by AMD's RDNA2, from what I understand the ps5's design was frozen before AMD completed their work on RDNA2 which is why the PS5 will not natively support mesh shaders. https://www.world-today-news.com/ps5-bad-news-uses-primitive-shaders-series-x-uses-mesh-shaders/

Honestly you should get the new Xbox series X it's what I'm going to do. The new Microsoft flight simulator looks worse on the series s compared to the series X here click this video to see the comparison, I have it marked to jump right to the point where they talk about it
I work full time and I go to the gym to work out, I'm lucky if I ever get 20 hours a week to play video games, as an adult who works full-time I can't justify owning both PlayStation and Xbox when in reality I don't have the friggin time. I mean it's just ridiculous how do you have the time for that?

I mean I'm lucky to get 8 hours of sleep every night, usually I don't, my life is super busy I'm working all the time. So I only own one console and it's going to be Xbox. Hell, even as a child I never got to own two consoles!!!!

"I still think Sony has some better single player content like Ghosts, Spider-man etc. Fast loading etc."

Microsoft owns Bethesda which makes some of the greatest single player games ever made. Microsoft now has 23 first party studios, Halo infinite has a single player campaign, gears of wars 5 has a single player campaign, one of Microsoft's first party studios is making a new "elder scrolls like" game called Avowed.

I mean this is irrelevant if you also own a gaming PC but I can't afford to spend $1,000 on a GPU so I'm just a console player and I play Xbox only. I mean Microsoft owns so many game studios now you can't say Sony has the better single player games anymore. Aren't you aware of the new Bethesda game starfield that's coming out soon? Starfield is basically a single player game and guess what you can't play it on PlayStation.

Tell me you are astroturfing without telling me you are astroturfing.

Also... how many posts are you going to tell us about mess shaders?

FritzJ92

As a working adult and father I’d say get the XSX it’s more family friendly (kids play cloud games without taking up my storage). GamePass keeps us gaming with new games.
i also have a PS5 that’s used only for their exclusive games, so once I beat a Sony game I don’t touch it again until another drops. So this year I’ve played it only for R&C and Spider-Man.

Top Bottom