• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Series x controller buttons make loud clicking noises

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I don't care about any of that. I like the noisy as fuck keyboard because the keys sit over a metal plate so when it comes time to clean out the Doritos and jizz I can just blast it all out with a garden hose in the back yard.
Yeah, I'm not saying don't use whatever keyboard you want. But for mechanical keyboard people to pretend that their opinion should hold sway over people who don't jizz alone while eating Doritos is laughable.

DeVeAn

100% true for Series S. Mine is less than a week old.

Switch joycon, Switch pro controller, and DS5 are all completely silent. My Series S controller clicks like bubble wrap and its loud, on every button, on the d-pad as well.

OP is telling the truth. The controller is honestly nice, but the clicking feels very cheap and is actually loud and annoying. My girlfriend complained about it from the next room over, with the door shut.
This is EXACTLY my response except it’s my wife complaining from the next room.

If I play a game using the DPad in the evening when my wife is in the room, I use my older Joypad instead of the series X controller. :messenger_beaming:

Muuuuch quiter!

Reactions: TLZ

Markio128

The Xbox Series controller in the form of dance:
all aboard lisbon GIF by Eurovision Song Contest

iceatcs

Ah so true, I bought one last month, for my PC. I thought it was too clicky for me.
I decided to return it and keep using the Xbox one, and laterally got Dual sense for my PC, (Wow, the vibrate and low bass speakers on the dual sense are next level, also love that touchpad is working for mouse control)

Last edited:

Markio128

Ah so true, I bought one last month, for my PC. I thought it was too clicky for me.
I decided to return it and keep using the Xbox one, and laterally got Dual sense for my PC, (Wow, the vibrate and low bass speakers on the dual sense are next level, also love that touchpad is working for mouse control)
I don’t know if there is dualsense compatibility for Ride 4 on PC, but it is one of my favourite games to play with the controller. When you closely overtake another bike, you can feel the vibration pass from the front to the back of the controller on the appropriate side. It never gets old.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I noticed it with my white controller. It's loud and the X button sticks. I'm going to send it badk to Microsoft because I think it's defective.

iceatcs

I don’t know if there is dualsense compatibility for Ride 4 on PC, but it is one of my favourite games to play with the controller. When you closely overtake another bike, you can feel the vibration pass from the front to the back of the controller on the appropriate side. It never gets old.
Ah cool, there are few full compatibility, I don't think it is one of them.

The problem is to use the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback require wired to PC for now. I don't think there is support for wireless yet. I hope Sony will release the driver and software for PC. Maybe whenever PS Spartacus come out, I hope.

K' Dash

Yup rumble, no lag does wireless too. Look up brook wingman converter on amazon friend.

I'll look into it to see what kind of person would use an inferior controller in every way to the SX controller.

I'm a software developer and use a nice mechanical keyboard to work, I love the feedback and of course I fell in love with the SX dpad, it's just the best there is.

Last edited:

kingpotato

I'll look into it to see what kind of person would use an inferior controller in every way to the SX controller.

I'm a software developer and use a nice mechanical keyboard to work, I love the feedback and of course I fell in love with the SX dpad, it's just the best there is.
Well if you're so smart then how come you couldn't read the title of the thread and realize most of the people in here would disagree with you?

Reizo Ryuu

Well if you're so smart then how come you couldn't read the title of the thread and realize most of the people in here would disagree with you?
Most? seems like 50/50 to me, there's plenty of posters either saying they like it, don't mind it, or have not shared an opinion, just affirming to the OP that it does indeed click.

kingpotato

Most? seems like 50/50 to me, there's plenty of posters either saying they like it, don't mind it, or have not shared an opinion, just affirming to the OP that it does indeed click.
Confirmation bias, you think it's even because they agree with you and I think not because plenty of the posts agree it's annoying AF. Feel free to do the analysis for us and list a post by post count.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
They make a pretty normal button noise.
Daulsense is quiter though, but the ps5 console is louder.

Edit:
Just checked and ps5 triggers make about the same amount of noise.

Sorry to break it to but mechanical things make noise.

I mean if u listen for it, you can hear yourself breathing 😆

Last edited:

lucius

It’s a trade off it’s louder than most controllers for sure but I like the changes, the dpad and buttons feel better than any of their past controllers, I prefer the new ones over even my Elite 2.

Marvel

could never

No one asked.

You'll get used to it.
I haven't yet. Maybe if I wasn't switching between the DualSense, Series controller and Switch Pro, I'd get used to it. But after using any other controller, it feels incredibly annoying to use such a loud clicking controller.

I agree the d-pad FEELS better than the One's. But, if I'm using the analog stick in menus just to avoid the clicking, it's kind of pointless.

MikeM

They make a pretty normal button noise.
Daulsense is quiter though, but the ps5 console is louder.

Edit:
Just checked and ps5 triggers make about the same amount of noise.

Sorry to break it to but mechanical things make noise.

I mean if u listen for it, you can hear yourself breathing 😆
Just mashed my X button and A button on both controllers. Can confirm Series controller is far louder. 🤷‍♂️

Ev1L AuRoN

The D-pad is clicky, but never disturb me, I do prefer the membrane feel of the DS controller, I think I'm just more used to it. But the clicky d-pad never make enough sound to be annoying, maybe your controller had some other problem or you are just too sensitive to it.

Kilau

Gold Member
Judge for yourself, granted this guy is trying to make noise so take it with a grain and a half:

Thank you, I've never watched an ASMR video and man that was obnoxious lol. It was useful though, the click sounds seem more like the xbone controllers and not the series ones. It seems like a damn fine controller too, might just risk it. :pie_thinking:

TheGrat1

Thank you, I've never watched an ASMR video and man that was obnoxious lol. It was useful though, the click sounds seem more like the xbone controllers and not the series ones. It seems like a damn fine controller too, might just risk it. :pie_thinking:
LOL you thought THAT was obnoxious?!

This was the first video I found but decided to use something else.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I don't mind it clicking, but mine has gotten squeaky recently and that is annoying.

It does have my favorite d pad ever though.

Last edited:
I haven't yet. Maybe if I wasn't switching between the DualSense, Series controller and Switch Pro, I'd get used to it. But after using any other controller, it feels incredibly annoying to use such a loud clicking controller.

I agree the d-pad FEELS better than the One's. But, if I'm using the analog stick in menus just to avoid the clicking, it's kind of pointless.

Than get an adapter that let's you use a dualsense on xbox.

Last edited:

TheGrat1

I do not get the appeal.

adventure time no GIF
Good ASMR is good, it all depends on what you are receptive to. Some people have different triggers.

However, that second guy was terrible. He was just hammering away at the controller like a lunatic and gave the sounds no time to breathe on their own.

kingpotato

LOL you thought THAT was obnoxious?!

This was the first video I found but decided to use something else.

In this video you can tell the audio was artificially punched up. It doesn't sound natural.

I'm surprised not many wear headphones when gaming be it on the couch or at the desk. Just throw on a half decent set of cans and enjoy the game.
Open air audio sounds better (like open back headphones) and people who have high end home entrainment units probably wouldn't prefer gaming with headsets.

I use a headset when online but much prefer my surround sound atmos speaker setup otherwise.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

All controllers make noise but Xbox is definitely the loudest. Especially the dpad but it doesn’t get much use with the games I play

Top Bottom