• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Series X available on Walmart via Xbox All Access.

I've done this once for a friend. The Series X with 2 years of Game Pass gets shipped out to your house without you spending a dime, and from that point forward you pay a monthly fee of $36.52 (including tax) for 2 years to keep it.

Or if you choose to you can just pay off the entire balance later when you feel like it. In my friend's case, he didn't pay a dime for nearly 28 days of having his Series X.

I've done this once for a friend. The Series X with 2 years of Game Pass gets shipped out to your house without you spending a dime, and from that point forward you pay a monthly fee of $36.52 (including tax) for 2 years to keep it.

Or if you choose to you can just pay off the entire balance later when you feel like it. In my friend's case, he didn't pay a dime for nearly 28 days of having his Series X.
Great option, I used this method for my second series X in the living room. Running it on a QLED (2020)

Great option, I used this method for my second series X in the living room. Running it on a QLED (2020)

It's honestly a killer fucking deal. My nephew in the marines got himself a PS5 about 2 months ago to play FFXIV (yes, really) solely for FF14 lol. He's in that MMO phase right now it seems that I got him into many, many years ago when I was into games like Priston Tale and World of Warcraft.

But bizarrely he now wants a Series X to play *drum roll* Lost Odyssey! It's like the boy is stuck in time or something lol. I told him about games like Spider-Man, horizon forbidden west/Zero Dawn, starfield, halo infinite, Uncharted, god of war 2018, ragnarok, Skyrim, Quantum break. Basically, I've been trying to catch him up on all this stuff because it seems like he's lived away from the world of videogames for so long that all he knows and is excited about are things that he use to see me play or talk about back when he was younger.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
hmm, as i already have 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate, would this add those years onto it?
Not necessarily. I think that's the max.

I did the 3 year $1 deal. Then I got another year on sale. I can't use the code for the last year yet, so it's just waiting on my computer.

Not necessarily. I think that's the max.

I did the 3 year $1 deal. Then I got another year on sale. I can't use the code for the last year yet, so it's just waiting on my computer.

Really? I think in the case of this deal it would somehow have to be tacked on since it's part of the entire package. Or perhaps it would just be reserved or held on the console somehow, but from my friend I know the 2 years of game pass ultimate are literally part of the package.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Really? I think in the case of this deal it would somehow have to be tacked on since it's part of the entire package. Or perhaps it would just be reserved or held on the console somehow, but from my friend I know the 2 years of game pass ultimate are literally part of the package.
But how is it linked to your account? Do they send you home with a code?

I got codes from best buy on sale and couldn't enter them since I hit the max years the sub allowed. If it's a code and the code doesn't expire, then it's fine. Just save it.

I got codes from best buy on sale and couldn't enter them since I hit the max years the sub allowed. If it's a code and the code doesn't expire, then it's fine. Just save it.

If I remember correctly from my friend, it was delivered with the console, it might possibly already be inputted and waiting for you to sign your gamertag in and redeem it or there's a card for 2 years. I would have to double check with him, but I remember I was the one who made the order for him using his info, and then it was delivered to his house.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If I remember correctly from my friend, it was delivered with the console, it might possibly already be inputted and waiting for you to sign your gamertag in and redeem it or there's a card for 2 years. I would have to double check with him, but I remember I was the one who made the order for him using his info, and then it was delivered to his house.
It's probably just a code on the receipt, digitally or a card. They wouldn't put it on the console since you have to sign up and everything.

Yamisan

All Access Series X has been in stock at gamestop.com since the week before xmas almost non stop. Its how I got mine.

Yamisan

It doesn't come as a code at all, the consoles sold as All Access are a seperate sku and when you log into xbox live during setup it'll ask you if you want to redeem your gamepass ult sub.

elliot5

hmm, as i already have 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate, would this add those years onto it?
no you will not be able to redeem the 2 year until you only have 1 year remaining. 3 years in the absolute maximum anyone can have on their account at one time. You can hold on to it (its a digital entitlement in the OS for redemption) though

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Clever move by MS. Ensure the Xbox is going to someone who wants it and lock in a game pass ultimate subscriber at the same time, because the service is that good why wouldn’t you want it.

BlackTron

This is how I got mine just in time for Halo. As impossible as it is to get a PS5, MS gave me a way to get a Series X without paying anything upfront and no interest. It was a brilliant way to get me to sign up for Gamepass.

Would have gotten a new video card for this game but MS took advantage of market conditions well.

Top Bottom