• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequel to Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Should be...

KAL2006

Banned
Marvel Vs PlayStation

Yes controversal but hear me out. MvC IP has been flopping lately. The lack of budget, the mismanagement from both Capcom and Marvel. However with Sony's investment they can kill two birds with one stone. Sony wanted a fighting game with PlayStation mascots, they tried to copy Smash with PS Battle Royale and failed horribly. Sony don't have a internal team that can develop fighting games but have previously worked with Capcom to make Street Fighter V console exclusive and provided the budget for that game. With Capcom and Sony having a previous relationship why not do something similar.

On the other side you also have Marvel, seems like that their most successful game is Spiderman for PS4 which was published by Sony. As Marvel could use a new fighter, as well as Sony attempting to make their own mascot fighter why not work with Marvel to create a crossover. And have Capcom develop the game.

The roster can even include many 3rd party characters as Sony has the pull from many popular publishers, they can have even some Capcom characters return like Dante and Ryu. But you will have the addition of seeing some great crossovers like Kratos Vs Marvel's Thor, Cole Vs Storm, Ratchet and Clank Vs Groot and Rocket and etc. They don't have to stop their remember PS Battle Allstars hard 3rd party characters so we can have characters like Tifa, Kazuya, Sora, Alucard in the roster.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2.

It sucks they changed the intro for the local release. It's like some dodgy fanmade trailer or something...

But the game is really fun and Tatsunoko's characters really fit with Capcom's even better than Marvel...

Or just make a new Rival Schools/Project Justice with adding the tag systems on top of its team battle.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
marvel vs xmen ?

maybe that's how we get to FUCKING play wolverine in mvsc again

Caffeine

20th anni version of mvc2 on every platform i'm serious with out the right char licensing they will never top it.

Closer

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2.
But the game is really fun and Tatsunoko's characters really fit with Capcom's even better than Marvel...
Or just make a new Rival Schools/Project Justice with adding the tag systems on top of its team battle.

I'D DO ANYTHING FOR THESE. ANYTHING.

Last edited:

Ban Puncher

Marvel Vs PlayStation
UC0P3wA.gif

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'D DO ANYTHING FOR THESE. ANYTHING.
Been playing Project Justice on RetroArch/Flycast and other than the underwhelming special effects (at least for supers that would be screen-filling in 2D games like fireball-esque stuff) it's pretty sweet. Fun, easy combo system, side stepping, team up attacks, recoveries, team rosters/character switching a la KoF, it's all good.

Last edited:

Belmonte

There are many franchises I would love to see against Capcom characters. Would be nice to see Capcom vs Sony, even more if they don't forget key classic Sony characters of the past. Rudy from Wild Arms, Gabe Logan and someone from Demon's Souls, anyone, would be great.

But one thing that boggles my mind is why Capcom didn't make a Capcom x Capcom game. IMHO, only Nintendo has as many beloved characters as Capcom. I know, there was Capcom Fighting Evolution but it doesn't count!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just give me Capcom vs Capcom. They’ve got more than enough characters to fill the game themselves and not have to worry about licensing, creative disagreements, etc...

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Marvel Vs PlayStation

Yes controversal but hear me out. MvC IP has been flopping lately. The lack of budget, the mismanagement from both Capcom and Marvel. However with Sony's investment they can kill two birds with one stone. Sony wanted a fighting game with PlayStation mascots, they tried to copy Smash with PS Battle Royale and failed horribly. Sony don't have a internal team that can develop fighting games but have previously worked with Capcom to make Street Fighter V console exclusive and provided the budget for that game. With Capcom and Sony having a previous relationship why not do something similar.

On the other side you also have Marvel, seems like that their most successful game is Spiderman for PS4 which was published by Sony. As Marvel could use a new fighter, as well as Sony attempting to make their own mascot fighter why not work with Marvel to create a crossover. And have Capcom develop the game.

The roster can even include many 3rd party characters as Sony has the pull from many popular publishers, they can have even some Capcom characters return like Dante and Ryu. But you will have the addition of seeing some great crossovers like Kratos Vs Marvel's Thor, Cole Vs Storm, Ratchet and Clank Vs Groot and Rocket and etc. They don't have to stop their remember PS Battle Allstars hard 3rd party characters so we can have characters like Tifa, Kazuya, Sora, Alucard in the roster.

Actually could be a great game

I want this team.

DwqYjAOVsAAPSYq.jpg

One of the reasons for Playstation lol Smash's failure was because they couldn't get the licenses.

So what do you want? Mega Man vs. Parappa? Garbage. They couldn't even get Crash in Allstars.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Rocket Raccoon vs Sly Cooper
Deadpool vs Nathan Drake
Drax the Destroyer vs Kratos
Fantastic Four vs The Order 1886

It writes itself.

Top Bottom