• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - A Saga In The Making

LordCBH

That looks really dope. I hope the story is as damn good as it was in the first one, but I really hope they touch up the gameplay, cause that kinda dragged it down a bit for me. Will absolutely keep an eye on this.

MikeM

Will Smith GIF

Iced Arcade

Didn't show enough to be honest.

that being said I have no doubt it's going to look amazing just based on the 1st game.

Looks damn interesting. Is this game using photogrammetry? or the UE5 stuff? I'm really liking the implementation of photogrammetry in these realistic style games. It's starting to get real difficult trying to figure out whats a real environment or not!

reksveks

Looks damn interesting. Is this game using photogrammetry? or the UE5 stuff? I'm really liking the implementation of photogrammetry in these realistic style games. It's starting to get real difficult trying to figure out whats a real environment or not!
They are definitely using Photogrammetry for Project Mara so assume that they would be doing something similar for the world.

Ignore the fact that they are doing it for the base costume which we know already.

They confirm both of those things in addition to working with Epic to create realistic clothes
Very cool. I've always personally leaned toward the "hyper real" "crazy" or "cartoony" looking art styles, but I've always been in awe of realistic art styles. I remember as a kid watching CG movies wondering when we'll be able to play something that looks like real life, not necessarily cause it's what I wanted, but it'll mean we've reached a point in tech that it's REAL and it's possible! That's pretty damn exciting.

I think late 2023 personally but I think that might depend on Project Mara.

I would be surprised seeing that they have just started production. 2024 would be my guess, but who knows? Now I understand why MS bought Zenimax: Their own studios are far from being ready.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really wasn't into the first game. Hoping for some better gameplay this time.

The story and the girl overacting doesn't really do much for me.

TonyK

Trailer shows almost nothing. In fact is one of the worst trailer I've seen. And combining real images with 3D images only contributes to add more confusion about the real quality of what we're seeing.

Personally, if a developer needs to hide their work with this confusing cut of effects and scenes is a bad sign. If you don't have anything ready to show, no problem, I can't wait, but don't try to fool me.

yurinka

Think this game will be the first real showcase for Unreal Engine 5.
I'm pretty sure it will look stunning, will be a UE5 showcase and will be a great game, but he said they are building the vertical slice before moving to full production.

Which sounds like we'll need to wait for a while to see the game released. Don't expect it for 2022 and who knows if even 2023. I'd bet on a 2024 release.

So I highly doubt it will be the first UE5 showcase.

Trailer shows almost nothing. In fact is one of the worst trailer I've seen. And combining real images with 3D images only contributes to add more confusion about the real quality of what we're seeing.

Personally, if a developer needs to hide their work with this confusing cut of effects and scenes is a bad sign. If you don't have anything ready to show, no problem, I can't wait, but don't try to fool me.
He said they are still building the vertical slice, and that the video instead of a trailer was a sneek peek of what they are doing now and some of it includes travels to Iceland to capture stuff from these landscapes. He shown what he said, he can't show a proper gameplay trailer because they're on early stages of development.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

They explicitly said before showing this video that this wasn't a trailer but some snippets of what they're working on and some behind the scenes shots.

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I thought the first game was an absolutely incredible work of psychological horror, though I do hope they polish up the gameplay.

Hm okay, sadly its a faced paced trailer mixed with real-life footage, many cuts and shaky cam.
But those few shots which looked like ingame / in-engine scenes were pretty damn good!

BoxFresh123

Shouldn't have showed this with the first Series X reveal. Made it out like it was a launch game or at least super close to release.

Still, looking good.

Last edited:

onesvenus

Have you listened to the first seconds of the video? Is not a game trailer but a look at what they have been doing

TonyK

They explicitly said before showing this video that this wasn't a trailer but some snippets of what they're working on and some behind the scenes shots.

Jesus Christ.
And? Is it a shitty trailer or no? Because I see people here saying game will look amazing according to those snippets and I don't see you quoting them.

I played all Ninja Theory games, no one is a great game, but I think they are very good in PR talking, so I'm cautious with this game. And videos like this (or the previous fake CG they tried to sell as real time, not saying it directly but being silent when people start to think it was real time) make me more cautious.

Top Bottom