• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

Total game install is now 5068MB which is about what it was before the patch so there is something up with the patching process itself requiring a 1.8GB download, again.

Ah, okay. Kind of weird, but better than having to use nearly 4GB on updates only.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So this "Miss Shinobi Contest" thing mentions "win special items that can't be found anywhere else!"....anyone know what these items are?

Edit: So, there's 3 contests you can enter: "Free Contest", "April Birthday Party", & "Sapling Festival"

"April Birthday Party" has it so you can only use Yozakura (because she's the only one born in April) & you can win "Octopus" (I assume an accessory). "Sapling Festival" restricts you to Hibari, Shiki, Ryobi, Ryona, Mirai, &/or Kafura, letting you win "Bebeby". Free Contest just lets you submit whatever & there's no reward.

The ranking is determined by how many likes it has. You can give out 5, it seems, & it'll give you details as to what the person used to make their diorama.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got the plat of this game. Easier than Shinovi Versus but it feels a bit longer.

Had to delete the update in order to get the OCD trophy, it's annoying that once you update, you have to get the added creative finishes (basically double the amount pre-updates). Though I'll be installing the patch again to play the other characters
once I clear my backlog

Just wanted to mention in my 'break' I was able to get my first plat.

The hardest part was figuring out which creative finishes I didn't have and going through various lists to figure it out.

Otherwise I think my time with this game is over. Had fun with Ayame and various game modes online, but with plat achieved I feel there is nothing else left for me to do here. I leave satisfied with the game and I had much more fun with it than SV and Burst.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Final week of DLC, guys.

- Week 4 Mega Bundle (PS4) (Vita)

Costume Set 4 (PS4) (Vita) includes:
- Sexy Wedding Dress (PS4) (Vita)
- Sexy Yoma General (PS4) (Vita)
- Fluffy Santa (PS4) (Vita)
- Leo's Outfit (PS4) (Vita)
- Yuyaki's Outfit (PS4) (Vita)
- Sexy General Outfit (PS4) (Vita)
- Sexy Knight (PS4) (Vita)
- Soji's Outfit (PS4) (Vita)

Mission Set (PS4) (Vita) includes (note missions are not individually for sale):
- Gessen vs. Hanzo
- Hanzo vs. Daidouji
- Hebijo vs. Crimson Squad
- Crimson Squad vs. Rin
- Ultimate Final Showdown (PS4 ONLY)
- Ultimate Final Showdown (Sayuri) (PS4 ONLY)

Also the Week 2 Mega Bundle is back up.

& I've heard there's new avatars as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Something to note, the Vita price for the mission set is the same price despite 2 missions not being on that version. But it IS still cross-buy.

Any wanna vouch for these missions? I might get them to just have all the missions.

kewlmyc

Final week of DLC, guys.

- Week 4 Mega Bundle (PS4) (Vita)

Costume Set 4 (PS4) (Vita) includes:
- Sexy Wedding Dress (PS4) (Vita)
- Sexy Yoma General (PS4) (Vita)
- Fluffy Santa (PS4) (Vita)
- Leo's Outfit (PS4) (Vita)
- Yuyaki's Outfit (PS4) (Vita)
- Sexy General Outfit (PS4) (Vita)
- Sexy Knight (PS4) (Vita)
- Soji's Outfit (PS4) (Vita)

Mission Set (PS4) (Vita) includes (note missions are not individually for sale):
- Gessen vs. Hanzo
- Hanzo vs. Daidouji
- Hebijo vs. Crimson Squad
- Crimson Squad vs. Rin
- Ultimate Final Showdown (PS4 ONLY)
- Ultimate Final Showdown (Sayuri) (PS4 ONLY)

Also the Week 2 Mega Bundle is back up.

& I've heard there's new avatars as well.

Who are Leo, Yuyaki, and Soji?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, so they actually have a point. Guess I'll nab that, then.

I'm still barely into Day 4, though I did Hikage's story missions. Almost got 30 platforms destroyed, so probably will do whoever's story I unlock next.

Ultimadrago

Now that I've finished Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, I can finish my business with Senran Kagura soon!

senrankaguraestivalve1eszk.png

senrankaguraestivalvejqsbj.png

I finally get to play as Kagura! Fuck. Yes! Mah third favorite character in the series.

swatahafa

Banned
Now that I've finished Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, I can finish my business with Senran Kagura soon!

senrankaguraestivalve1eszk.png

I finally get to play as Kagura! Fuck. Yes! Mah third favorite character in the series.

I always found Mirai very cute. Her bitter attitude plus, the computer geek/nerd thing and the fact that she's the only girl who has no boobs - yet she has a very jiggly butt. You rarely see that combination.

Ultimadrago

I always found Mirai very cute. Her bitter attitude plus, the computer geek/nerd thing and the fact that she's the only girl who has no boobs - yet she has a very jiggly butt. You rarely see that combination.

She's my favorite by far in great part due to her personality. She's one of the most well-rounded persona in the series. I already liked her at first glance due to design when I was first introduced to the series. However, after Senran Kagura 2 and Estival Versus, I love the character now.

She's encapsulated by multiple traits and interests that makes for a much more interesting experience when I'm guessing which side will come out next rather than "Oh, it's Katsuragi. Boobs will be involved." or "Oh, it's Asuka and Homura together, Let's hear about their heated rivalry for the millionth time", etc. like most of the cast. I mean, it's fine, but it makes the characters that are different stand out so much more (like Hikage, though her expressionless face is almost cheating)!

So yeah, Mirai's awesome.

swatahafa

Banned
She's my favorite by far in great part due to her personality. She's one of the most well-rounded persona in the series. I already liked her at first glance due to design when I was first introduced to the series. However, after Senran Kagura 2 and Estival Versus, I love the character now.

She's encapsulated by multiple traits and interests that makes for a much more interesting experience when I'm guessing which side will come out next rather than "Oh, it's Katsuragi. Boobs will be involved." or "Oh, it's Asuka and Homura together, Let's hear about their heated rivalry for the millionth time", etc. like most of the cast. I mean, it's fine, but it makes the characters that are different stand out so much more.

So yeah, she's awesome.

To be honest though, you pretty much know bitterness will be invloved when Mirai enters the scene. She's the most bitter little kid I've seen since that kid in Twilight Princess who never changed facial expression. Can't remember his name.

Also, you gotta love how Mirai is the butt of all boob jokes, at least in SK2.

Ultimadrago

To be honest though, you pretty much know bitterness will be invloved when Mirai enters the scene. She's the most bitter little kid I've seen since that kid in Twilight Princess who never changed facial expression. Can't remember his name.

Also, you gotta love how Mirai is the butt of all boob jokes, at least in SK2.

Malo is his name.

And yeah not really. She shows a cowardly nature at times, lonely nature at times and a biting bitter nature to hide her insecurities which she's best known for (in part thanks to chest jokes), but it most certainly doesn't show up most of the time from what I've played. They usually mix and match as conversations go on, which relatively prevents her from being one-note.

Ironically that teasing helps makes interactions with her more varied compared to others. Proves that different isn't a bad thing! The skit with (Senran Kagura 2)
the hotsprings
is great because of this.

She does get a whole DLC episode in SK2 based off of her bitter boob envy though, so that portion doesn't make the best case, I'll admit!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, that's freakin' insane. That better have a ton of stuff for a patch that size, especially considering how many patches this game has already gotten in Japan.

.....actually, based on the link, I think it's just for online? & does the US have that patch as well?

oh god, that's freakin' insane. That better have a ton of stuff for a patch that size, especially considering how many patches this game has already gotten in Japan.

.....actually, based on the link, I think it's just for online? & does the US have that patch as well?

Indeed that is JP only by now. But XSEED is alredy looking into it

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/723547942540316674

Although for us it would be the patch 1.21

8.5GB? Isn't that around half the game's size? Are they overhauling something huge?

Supposedly tackles the recent online issues but is too much

Ok so I know this is an extremely stupid question but, I just bought all the Mega Bundles plus the DoA Bundle, I see Ayane's costumes in the dressing room but nothing else. According to my PS4 everything has downloaded and installed but I don't see it in the shop or in the dressing room... where do I look? o//n//o

Edit: Never mind!! I fully quit the application and opened it again and there they are! Ehehehehehe :3

So are the only costumes the ones you start with and he ones you buy, or are there unlockables as well?

cwistofu

I finally got around to playing this game a bit. Is it just me or is Ikaruga's dodge into square attack super good? It seems to have a huge hitbox and sucks in pretty much everything in a small zone and it seems like you can juggle after the animation finishes. Other characters don't seem to have nearly as useful attacks out of their dodgerolls.

deadfolk

Is the Vita version very terrible? Thinking of picking it up while it's on sale, but if it's bad, I might skip it for now and grab the PS4 version later.

I finally got around to playing this game a bit. Is it just me or is Ikaruga's dodge into square attack super good? It seems to have a huge hitbox and sucks in pretty much everything in a small zone and it seems like you can juggle after the animation finishes. Other characters don't seem to have nearly as useful attacks out of their dodgerolls.

Yep. Even online it's the go to strat for most Ikarugas

Oh yeah, if you guys are waiting for the sakura swimsuits

We're working with Sony to remedy this as quickly as we can, and are very sorry for any inconvenience. There do seem to be an awful lot of issues that have occurred with Senran Kagura DLC here in North America, but I swear, only SOME of them are our fault! Not even that many, really. I think it's just bad luck...
-Tom

There is no ETA at this point -- it's really all on Sony -- but I'd say it's a safe bet that Monday is the absolute earliest things could possibly be straightened out. I don't think there's any specific Tuesday requirement for updates like this anymore, so it won't NECESSARILY be Tuesday, but that is definitely a possibility.
-Tom

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27095&st=650#entry920437
http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27095&st=650#entry920441

All the missions have little intro and outrous telling a bit of a plot but only a handful of them are actually relevant to the game's plot.

The Dual Heart stories are unrelated and likely not canon while the Ultimate Showdown ones ARE canon and in fact they have the ending of the shinobi bon dance plot.

In actual gameplay though, they are follow the same structure: a single level with a bunch of mook and a boss fight at the end.

So as much as I love the series I've actually not done a whole lot of reading up on these games so that I can experience things fresh as I play them. So yesterday I was leveling up some characters on the early missions (I'm one of those people that has to get an A-rank on a level before moving on) and I accidentally got a special ending on the.. Battling Sisters level? I don't even know how I did it actually but it was... a very welcome shock hahahaha. I figured that it was an alternate ending and that little 0/1 thing in the bottom of the mission's icon would go to 1/1 but it hasn't. Is there anywhere in-game that explains what that number is?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So we just have 4 megapacks and that's it for the DLC?

Should I buy some of the DLC? And by some of it I mean all of it?

So we just have 4 megapacks and that's it for the DLC?

Should I buy some of the DLC? And by some of it I mean all of it?
The DoA Collaboration Pack isn't included in any of the Mega Bundles, (it includes Ayane in her ninja outfit, her classic costume, and Kasumi's classic costume) and I don't think the Shinovi Versus OST is either. So there's 4 Mega Packs, the OST, and the DoA Pack available now. There's one last set, the Sakura Swimsuits, but nobody seems to know exactly when they'll be available or how much they'll be.

Katsuragi looks baller as hell in Kasumi's threads.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still find it funny that Ayane isn't allowed to be completely stripped, yet you see the INSANELY skimpy swimsuits in DoAX3 which are probably on the same level as what you can see via the Situation Finishes, let alone the giant balls of censor lights.

............now I can't help but wonder if they'd do a collaboration to allow some of those DoAX outfits as costumes in SK....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& of course it's the one I was thinking of.

Finished Asuka's story (lol Hanzo), now doing Miyabi's. Got 51 platforms taken care of, been doing the stories as soon as I unlock them. Been liking this mission layout compared to SV just being school-focused. Though then it's harder to balance having every single character having screen time. Hell, I didn't even use Asuka in the main story yet, she was still Level 1 when I was doing her story missions.

Top Bottom