• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sell PS5 disc console since I have PS5 digital?

Mr.Phoenix

Yeah that would for sure make sense. You get better savings on the PS sales than something that ships over seas.
As it stands to me, keep the disc version and sell the digital. Being you have both, that would be the common sense thing to do. You still have access to your digital library, and if you ever want to get a disc game you can.

keraj37

You should cut them in half
Then take the upper half from disc version
And bottom part from digital
Tape it and you will have 2 in 1 all digital

David B

An Idiot
As it stands to me, keep the disc version and sell the digital. Being you have both, that would be the common sense thing to do. You still have access to your digital library, and if you ever want to get a disc game you can.
I already posted in here I moved back to the digital one and put back on my black plates. Why buy black plates again for the disc version? Exactly, I don't want to spend more money. Mostly I buy games in sales online anyway and there's always a big sale Sony does for every month.

Personally, I would keep the disc version simply because it gives you more options with physical and digital games. You never know when you see a good deal on a physical game or want to eventually borrow or buy a cheap used physical game out and the disc version. Not to mention discs are usually cheaper and drop in price much faster. Then again, if you decided to go all digital then that’s fine as well. Even though it’s generally more expensive, digital is more convenient and saves space admittedly.

Last edited:

David B

An Idiot
I live pretty far up North, so I can't visit a GameStop as the closest one is like 150 miles away. Very far. So I'm fine with my digital. And like I said 3 times now changed it to my black plates and 2TB M2 NVME SSD installed.

skit_data

I have the digital version since launch day and I wish I’d went for the disc version because games are so much cheaper. Then again it looks so much better than the standard edition…

Idk, I’m hoping that external disc reader they plan on releasing along with the slim edition (if those rumors are correct) will work with the ”old” digital edition. If that’s the case it’s a no brainer to keep the digital edition and just get one of those.

David B

An Idiot
I have the digital version since launch day and I wish I’d went for the disc version because games are so much cheaper. Then again it looks so much better than the standard edition…

Idk, I’m hoping that external disc reader they plan on releasing along with the slim edition (if those rumors are correct) will work with the ”old” digital edition. If that’s the case it’s a no brainer to keep the digital edition and just get one of those.
What state you in? Buy mine.

Top Bottom