• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Select Gamestops to have Series X in stores tomorrow 3/18

fart town usa

Gold Member
Newegg has them for $700, you can even do the 4 payment route, no interest or CC involved.

Tom Cruise Laughing GIF by JustViral

NickFire

That is a pretty good bundle IMO considering the scalpers taxes. The second controller is pretty much a must anyway IMO. And the only two other pack-ins are 3 months of GP and a gift card. I'm pretty sure you can use the gift card to buy MS cards if you want a digital game instead of a physical or accessory from Gamestop.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
id rather pay a scalper than sign up for their premium sub service to buy a bundle

I get that, but if I'm being real, you can scalp a good amount of money out of Gamestop's pro membership.

You get a $5 voucher each month, you can use it to get $5 currency (eg I can get $5 Xbox currency, I don't know for sure if PS or Steam has that denomination) and the way their jank ass system is set up right now, you can redeem that coupon in store, then again online. Basically it's $120 in free gamestop credit a year.

Last edited:

NickFire

I get that, but if I'm being real, you can scalp a good amount of money out of Gamestop's pro membership.

You get a $5 voucher each month, you can use it to get $5 currency (eg I can get $5 Xbox currency, I don't know for sure if PS or Steam has that denomination) and the way their jank ass system is set up right now, you can redeem that coupon in store, then again online. Basically it's $120 in free gamestop credit a year.
If its what I think it is, you can also get it for a profit if you are trading in old stuff. When I sold last gen stuff I got more in extra trade money than I paid for the membership.

adamsapple

If its what I think it is, you can also get it for a profit if you are trading in old stuff. When I sold last gen stuff I got more in extra trade money than I paid for the membership.

Yeah you basically get a little mark up on anything you trade to them if you're a member.

Gamestop fucking sucks, but you can utilize them to profitable ways.

I remember they had a huge trade in bonus thing that a lot of people ended up exploiting by buying used games then trading them in for a profit around 2017~ish. It helped pay a lot of people's PS4 Pros and Xbox One X's via store credit.

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's if you sign up for "xbox all access". On the same page as that link they're also selling series x for $700 refurbished, lol. I don't know what xbox all access is but it's probably not desireable.

Afa the Gamestop bundle is concerned that's also a rip off for me since I have no need for an extra controller.

No. I don't have Walmart+ and I can simply add to cart for $499 and final price is $540 including tax. It doesn't ask for anything else. No all access crap needed for this.

Reactions: TLZ

BlackTron

That's if you sign up for "xbox all access". On the same page as that link they're also selling series x for $700 refurbished, lol. I don't know what xbox all access is but it's probably not desireable.

Afa the Gamestop bundle is concerned that's also a rip off for me since I have no need for an extra controller.

The All Access is not that bad it just depends on your situation. It helped me get a Series X when Halo came out. It was the only opportunity I found to grab one, but the deal worked for me.

Basically it's a Series X and two years of Gamepass financed with no interest and no money down. No additional costs whatsoever. You pay $37/m for two years.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Bundles, so commercial scalping.
These are the best bundles I have seen and contain items that people will actually use. 3 months of Gamepass. A $50 card that can be put toward any game/store currency and an extra controller.

All stuff I would want bundled anyway.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Codes 208

Looking through this thread i guess im just lucky i was able to buy one from work for the standard $500 msrp (plus my associate discount)

With some patience, the series x isnt as hard to find these days as they were last year

Edit: for reference i work at walmart but ive been seeing them at target a lot lately too

Last edited:

adamsapple

I just want you to know that you are awesome. I shared this link with my best friend and he was able to order it for the $500 price. It will arrive on April 7th. No gimmicks or bullshit. Just a straight up purchase,

Assuming of course, the orders don't get cancelled, which Walmart has a rep for having happen.

Fingers crossed.

Deerock71

I'm going to hasten a guess these in-store Series X's aren't going to the 4th largest state with a population smaller than Dallas'.

I just want you to know that you are awesome. I shared this link with my best friend and he was able to order it for the $500 price. It will arrive on April 7th. No gimmicks or bullshit. Just a straight up purchase,

Assuming of course, the orders don't get cancelled, which Walmart has a rep for having happen.

I got a series X from Walmart for my friend and also had a PS5 order which I cancelled because the friend got it somewhere else. Walmart has been a good source to buy these hard to find consoles and they never cancelled my orders (fortunately).

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I got a series X from Walmart for my friend and also had a PS5 order which I cancelled because the friend got it somewhere else. Walmart has been a good source to buy these hard to find consoles and they never cancelled my orders (fortunately).
I already have mine and my hope is that my friend gets them.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It looks like my local store will have some, but my membership lapsed a long time ago. I don't really have room for it anywhere in my home at the moment anyways.

Top Bottom